'gimped' classes needs a boost?

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
goes in hand with the rest of theese question threads so why not ask this:
what class do you think needs a real boost? and what kind of boost?

keep in mind that if its a pure tank, a determ class, dont say self endregen or speed etc.. NF is inc and all, so some classes will get some kind of boosts and some wont.. as ive played warden most of my time ill say something that i think would be fair.. a instadisease like shamans would be nice, and same for albs.. hard to put it on a group char tho.. clerics cant get it as they are main healing class.. minstrels cant get it as they would be overpowered in stealthwars.. friar would be a "good" choice IF they would get groups

another useless thread or something that could be useful for mythic to keep in mind?-.-

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Well imo friars should get some good group heal, if not spread, high in rejuv line. With that albs could have 3 healers and resists + extra bg/grapple.

Also thanes could use a boost, eventhough they're gonna be quite balanced in NF i think they should make acuity buff affect them too. Dark sms energy debuff doesn't affect thane dd dmg on mobs atleast (dunno about players). This should be fixed aswell.

Then ofc vw, mentalist and champ could use a small boost..

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
interesting mind game, but since mythic wont ever hear of it, and if they do they wont ever give a shit, its basically useless.

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
I think that they must remove grapple or make it castable per 5-20 mins,then can say about a boost.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
imo

they should change so Brain buff work on all chars with power pool :)

that would help all the hybrids :)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
imo

they should change so Brain buff work on all chars with power pool :)

that would help all the hybrids :)

mm..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gimped Alb Classes

Alb tanks:

Pally - Dmg Table sux. 1 vs 1 is fine but by the time we get em down to 5% their brothers finished his bath, started comp up, logged in, ported, walked to the fight and assisted.

Arms - for so many reasons :( deleted mine. Enough threads explaining why they need some luvin.

Alb casters:

Caby/Wiz - Give some speed and a PBT that actually works against arrows. Reason, being 2 shoted by a high RR archer is no fun. No time to respond given range and shot speed. Just free RPs for the archer. OK caby can possibly get nearsight off and if he does then the enemy is dead meat.

Herjulf

Banned
cant speak for albs/hibs i just kill them dont bother to much about making them better.

but in midgard i see these changes needed.

Shadowblade - damage uptune or specpoint uptune to get more usefull spec possibilities.

Hunters - very much handled in NF with see hidded gone, but together with shadowblades making them more GRP friendly with other stealthers. for example other stealthers in grp are visible to everyone in the grp.

Shaman - 45% of conc pool have to be spent on end regen for the grp. gifv back grp end regen but put range on it. Stacking dots would be nice. Ichor made insta post NF again, especially when spending high points in it, lvl3+.

Thane - Underestimated, perform decently. however its Hybrid properties can rarely be used pre NF. Give increased range on thane spells post NF.

Skald - Weak tank with one goal... speed :/. resist chants rarely used dont stack with other res. and cant be twisted. DD´s weak. Skald could use a Stun shout to make it in par with its counterparts bard and minstrels very high versatility. In NF that becomes more an issue as skald are forced into support class status-

Warrior - higher magic damage immunity,perhaps some free class ability. to be able to survive in the new dark age of cast´alot.

Savage - insta taunt shout given back on a longer timer. Midgard need more instas to interupt with. hib/alb got far to much instas to interupt with.

Spiritmaster - more reasons to go SUPP or Summ spec. Also a uptune on darkspec dmg, sorcs do more damage with a baseline nuke... unfair, if you spec in it you should do more dmg imo.

Runemaster - no own damage line debuff, as other realms casters have acces to. Runemasters RC spec damage should be fire, and being able to debuff fire resist, supp spec cold damage and have cold debuff in spec line.

Bonedancer - make supp pets baseline so alternative specs can become interesting.

Berserker - When in zerk mode unmessable, unsnarable unstunnable to fit zerker lore.

Healer - castable AE snare.And some new nifty ability on pac/aug spec.

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
Herjulf said:
cant speak for albs/hibs i just kill them dont bother to much about making them better.

Shadowblade - damage uptune or specpoint uptune to get more usefull spec possibilities.

Hunters - very much handled in NF with see hidded gone, but together with shadowblades making them more GRP friendly with other stealthers. for example other stealthers in grp are visible to everyone in the grp.

Shaman - 45% of conc pool have to be spent on end regen for the grp. gifv back grp end regen but put range on it. Stacking dots would be nice. Ichor made insta post NF again, especially when spending high points in it, lvl3+.

Thane - Underestimated, perform decently. however its Hybrid properties can rarely be used pre NF. Give increased range on thane spells post NF.

Skald - Weak tank with one goal... speed :/. resist chants rarely used dont stack with other res. and cant be twisted. DD´s weak. Skald could use a Stun shout to make it in par with its counterparts bard and minstrels very high versatility. In NF that becomes more an issue as skald are forced into support class status-

Warrior - higher magic damage immunity,perhaps some free class ability. to be able to survive in the new dark age of cast´alot.

Savage - insta taunt shout given back on a longer timer. Midgard need more instas to interupt with. hib/alb got far to much instas to interupt with.

Spiritmaster - more reasons to go SUPP or Summ spec. Also a uptune on darkspec dmg, sorcs do more damage with a baseline nuke... unfair, if you spec in it you should do more dmg imo.

Runemaster - no own damage line debuff, as other realms casters have acces to. Runemasters RC spec damage should be fire, and being able to debuff fire resist, supp spec cold damage and have cold debuff in spec line.

Bonedancer - make supp pets baseline so alternative specs can become interesting.

Berserker - When in zerk mode unmessable, unsnarable unstunnable to fit zerker lore.

You forgot to tell about the RA god mode you maybe want xD

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Speaking about my own realm:

Armsmen need to be totally revamped (mayhaps merged with paly)
Necros need to have their pets debugged n given some friendly abilities to make em more grp desiderable
Cleric smite line needs to be revamped
Cabalist could use some tweaks like exchanging aoeDisease and nearsight from body and matter line.
Wizards need definetly some utility
Paly need to have a wider end chant radius, atm its rly tiny (asking for a conc based end buff tho nice, might be excesive)
Mercs need a +to hit bonus on Flank (chances of getting this in next patches are high tho). DW rear styles Shadow Edge n Penumbra are close to non used due to its amazing small dmg rate, increasing this or giving it +hinder would be an idea. RR5 ability n DTs are redundant, while the other 2 light tanks have some kind of dmg increase class ability.

On a side note

Herjulf said:
Berserker - When in zerk mode unmessable, unsnarable unstunnable to fit zerker lore

Lol

and...

Herjulf said:

ROFLMAO pricelesss

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
well yea PBT vs archers is kinda stupid, sure it was hard as a archer before when they couldnt even hit a groups with a warden/rm/theurg but penetrating it 100% is kinda stupid imo, 70-80% chance sure..

and yea armsman needs a dmg boost or something making them wanted in groups

dunno really about the merc thing, imo Dual Shadows is really nice and nice damage and a rear style with hinder would be kinda overpowered.. and for dirtytricks i would change TW for it anytime.. ppl still run with atleast 1 tank in groups for wildcarding and dirtytricks makes him useless for 30? secs

and for Herjulf i hope you where kidding.. but i agree with you on the shaman thing

Herjulf

Banned
Vasconcelos said:
Speaking about my own realm:

Armsmen need to be totally revamped (mayhaps merged with paly)
Necros need to have their pets debugged n given some friendly abilities to make em more grp desiderable
Cleric smite line needs to be revamped
Cabalist could use some tweaks like exchanging aoeDisease and nearsight from body and matter line.
Wizards need definetly some utility
Paly need to have a wider end chant radius, atm its rly tiny (asking for a conc based end buff tho nice, might be excesive)
Mercs need a +to hit bonus on Flank (chances of getting this in next patches are high tho). DW rear styles Shadow Edge n Penumbra are close to non used due to its amazing small dmg rate, increasing this or giving it +hinder would be an idea. RR5 ability n DTs are redundant, while the other 2 light tanks have some kind of dmg increase class ability.

Speaking of wanting god mode... LAF

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
imo
Give BD's healer pets spread heal xD

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
necro: in pvp defo needs some love, the change i would rly love is that that freaking pet is not blue con, should be on the lvl of the caster... also deathservant or painworking should have melee styles in their lines, so pet could be speced like some sort of a tank and make base line af debuff instant(ofc tune down the melee invulnerablity of the pet as its a bit too much atm, ofc changes like this would kill necro godmode pve mode maybe :))
friar: rejuv line should have a strong group heal or an AM style spell
armsman: remove double spec, its just silly... but main problem is that paladins are better defensive chars and reaver/merc better on offense (banelordz), not much point of the class itself
shaman: well rounded char, but there should be grp-end regen buff and less conc cost... need bb-s to fully buff a grp which is silly
thane: close to armsman problems, got better choices for defense and offense... and mid getting a new tank in catacombs, yahoo. will see how it goes in nf.
svg: were overpowered, now they are kinda ok... bit sad they are getting shafted in NF too much (no charge,no pf, cant be banelord, light tank nerfs ala dualistic reflexes taken out etc...)
vw/champ/reaver: well same problems as all hybrids, determ > all
mentalist: they should have nearsight instead of elds imo, demezz should be lower mentalism spec
wizard: utility anyone? though in nf keeptakes we will be zerged by em so dont rly want to givem more things :E
bd: REMOVE INSTANT LT CUZ ITS FUCKING RETARDED along with insta 15% body debuff, givem something else all i care but remove insta lt
cabalist: 1500 range insta chain stuning pet is a bit zzz :p
mincer: aint fair they got stealth and dw infeels as m8rs

well cant rly think anything else atm :E

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Put Grapple, Bodyguard and Zephyr in a 5-10mins timer! :m00:

Edit: And lol @ mid complaining about alb & hib number of instants!

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
someone wanna give me the date of when mythic last added some content that was actually condiered good by all camps and was not a nerf?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
instant spellz that interrupt atm:

alb: paladin(1), mincer(3), reaver (3, dot-snare-chant), friar(1), dunno if necro con debuff interrupts, cleric (2)

mid: healer pac(4), skald(4), shaman(pbae dis so its 1), thane(3), bd(1)

hib: bard(3), druid(2), champ(2), chanter(1), ns(1), valewalker(2)

alb: 10
hib: 11
mid: 13

>< ofc if we check grp setups its another story, but not a big difference if we just look at classes themselves.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
instant spellz that interrupt atm:

alb: paladin(1), mincer(3), reaver (3, dot-snare-chant), friar(1), dunno if necro con debuff interrupts, cleric (2)

mid: healer pac(4), skald(4), shaman(pbae dis so its 1), thane(3), bd(1)

hib: bard(3), druid(2), champ(2), chanter(1), ns(1), valewalker(2)

alb: 10
hib: 11
mid: 13

>< ofc if we check grp setups its another story, but not a big difference if we just look at classes themselves.

You can also check effects n timers e.g.....

Also, your missing all the caster debuffs, Flurry etc etc etc...

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Herjulf said:

supp spec is fine imo, summ is just a lost cause :p

And about dark sm vs sorc.

both have 2.5 castspeed, sorc lifetap is 179(+5) delve and 50% life back. dark sm is 183(+9) and 90% life back.

so i dont see why you say sorc is better, infact i would say that dark nuke is probaly one of the best nukes in game, if not the best :)

Runemaster Dark spec could use somthing ekstra, mabey low duration aoe snare/root
Rc need the cast time on their baseline nukes lowered

Rest of the mid classes seems just fine, some may need some minor adjustmens, but i wont comment on that since i dont play em :)

And one last thing zephyr should be nerfed to hell and back, the timer is stupid low, either giv 20min + timer or make you immune to dmg, so it would be use as backup CC instead of a I win you loose tool :p

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Herjulf said:
Midgard need more instas to interupt with. hib/alb got far to much instas to interupt with.

dude, you MUST be joking.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:

Lol, funniest post ive seen in a while. You forgot bolt range insta mezz mate.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
fotm mid group (3 healers shaman zerk savage warr sm/rm) has exactly ZERO range interrupts on short timer

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
old.anubis said:
fotm mid group (3 healers shaman zerk savage warr sm/rm) has exactly ZERO range interrupts on short timer

poor you who has to play in fotm groups :(

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
poor you who has to play in fotm groups :(
nah Anubis very saldom runs in perfect mid grp setup and when he does then he perma whines bout wicked speed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom