'gimped' classes needs a boost?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Summoner said:
I dont think that bd is able to kill anyone only using his LT unless that target lacks healing for like 15-20secs.

true but it's more damage than 0 for being interrupted :)

ok so BDs have the damage of a specline nuker but not for very long...

they do get a lot more survivability though?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
biggest imbalance in the game right now is no timer on grapple, which castrates every melee class - except savage... with PD coming, a grapple fix is well overdue.

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
instant spellz that interrupt atm:

alb: paladin(1), mincer(3), reaver (3, dot-snare-chant), friar(1), dunno if necro con debuff interrupts, cleric (2)

mid: healer pac(4), skald(4), shaman(pbae dis so its 1), thane(3), bd(1)

hib: bard(3), druid(2), champ(2), chanter(1), ns(1), valewalker(2)

alb: 10
hib: 11
mid: 13

>< ofc if we check grp setups its another story, but not a big difference if we just look at classes themselves.

You shouldnt count Healers insta CC spells as interupts as interupts in this case cause there is too high recast timer on that one than on the other ones so instead type:
Skald(4), Shaman (1insta pbaoe) thane(1 isnta range 1 insta pbaoe(not 3 fyi)) and BD(1 LT), And druid also got insta CC spells interupt with higher recast same with Cleric with pbaoe Mezz.

So think about it one more time boy :fluffle:

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Runemaster - no own damage line debuff, as other realms casters have acces to. Runemasters RC spec damage should be fire, and being able to debuff fire resist, supp spec cold damage and have cold debuff in spec line.

I don't get that one.. Rune Carving gives Cold debuff ~ Dark base nukes no?
Imo that's the same for Chanters 'n Cabalists, Spirit = Body debuff = body base nukes, Chanter mana = heat debuff = sun base nukes?
Or did I totally miss the point ? :p

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Give hunters parry (and some more spec points, so they would be able to spec it xD), SB's 2.5specpoints and str/dex-based weapons, and remove stealth from mincers. *Homer-Simpson-dr00l* :p

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
RaiztliN said:
Imo that's the same for Chanters 'n Cabalists, Spirit = Body debuff = body base nukes, Chanter mana = heat debuff = sun base nukes?

No you didnt miss anything. Other than the fact that poor Herjulf is as about as clueless as they come. Personally I think Mythic go to him with Suggestions and realm balances most of the time.

Mythic Designer * Ring Ring

Herjulf:" hello Mythic I saw your Number on my Caller I.D"

Mythic Designer:" Hey there Herjulf, listen wer in a bit of a pickle here could use your insight and excellent judge of balance."

Herjulf:" Sure but I hope its about midgard?"

Mythic Designer:" Heh yes of course, We have a new class we want to make. Basically we dont think Zerkers are strong enough and we are going to have to reduce LA damage so we wer thinking of bringing in a Class that Still has Determination and Light tank RA's. Same Armor table. Give them self buffs that raise there Damage cap, Increase there weapon speed to haste, an instant shout to interupt, 50% melee resist's when needed, a Parry buff 2 just incase somebody is stupid enough to attack them, advanced evade of course and the highest Growth rate styles in the game. With the only positional 9s stun in migard 2 as a 2nd in chain move + a 4s rear stun incase the player isnt good enough to land it. What do you think ?

Herjulf:" Hmmm well after carefully considering it, with balance in mind 2, yes its ok but couldnt you give them instant heals and maybe a instant kill button with 30 sec timer to counter act Flurry?

Mythic Designer" Oh thats excellent great. We will try get your ideas in to but you know them damn whiners heh! ok thanks will be calling again for more superb Idea's!

Herjulf:" No problem, I will be here Eating my Brain food < Fish> thinking up Fresh idea's to balance Midgard. Just doing what I can with what I got ahh "

:m00:

< And please dont somebody say " omg ffs tbh another savage whine" I only used that as example I could have been Thane if they were maybe a little but more uber xD>

Nalistah said:
Give hunters parry (and some more spec points, so they would be able to spec it xD), SB's 2.5specpoints and str/dex-based weapons, and remove stealth from mincers. *Homer-Simpson-dr00l* :p

Hunters could use some adjustment.

Imo Remove Bow spec from Hunters. Give them Spear as ther 'Bow' spec so to speak and let them fling spears and shit :D! While also letting it spec for there weapon when they get in to Melee Range And Parry Spec also. That would make them proper Melee Orientated archers xD!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
RaiztliN said:
RMs also have a DD+debuff in the dark specline (as well as the highest ranged nuke in the game)... So run me by again how they lack debuffs?
In fact midgard has more self debuffing than any other realm.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
a) give bard insta pbaoe snare tbh.

b) sort out pathfinding on ranger and beastmater thingy on hunters. These in their conception were powerful spec lines, but in game reality were dick useless and nothing was done to address this purely cuz of the $$$ made from BB.

Shadowblade - damage uptune or specpoint uptune to get more usefull spec possibilities.

I got Pa'd for like 1100+ the other day. fo

majik

Banned
Few suggestions for increasing the utility on healers as we need some desperate love:
-Pbt, ae snare and ae disease all in baseline.
-Combine grapple/sojourner/banelord for ultimate overpowered ml line, and rename it Pwnlord.
-Remove timers on ae insta cc and all insta heals, and increase their range to 2300.

That should do for now kthx.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:

If you had to choose one of those three, which would it be?

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
cant speak for albs/hibs i just kill them dont bother to much about making them better.

but in midgard i see these changes needed.

Shadowblade - damage uptune or specpoint uptune to get more usefull spec possibilities.

Hunters - very much handled in NF with see hidded gone, but together with shadowblades making them more GRP friendly with other stealthers. for example other stealthers in grp are visible to everyone in the grp.

Shaman - 45% of conc pool have to be spent on end regen for the grp. gifv back grp end regen but put range on it. Stacking dots would be nice. Ichor made insta post NF again, especially when spending high points in it, lvl3+.

Thane - Underestimated, perform decently. however its Hybrid properties can rarely be used pre NF. Give increased range on thane spells post NF.

Skald - Weak tank with one goal... speed :/. resist chants rarely used dont stack with other res. and cant be twisted. DD´s weak. Skald could use a Stun shout to make it in par with its counterparts bard and minstrels very high versatility. In NF that becomes more an issue as skald are forced into support class status-

Warrior - higher magic damage immunity,perhaps some free class ability. to be able to survive in the new dark age of cast´alot.

Savage - insta taunt shout given back on a longer timer. Midgard need more instas to interupt with. hib/alb got far to much instas to interupt with.

Spiritmaster - more reasons to go SUPP or Summ spec. Also a uptune on darkspec dmg, sorcs do more damage with a baseline nuke... unfair, if you spec in it you should do more dmg imo.

Runemaster - no own damage line debuff, as other realms casters have acces to. Runemasters RC spec damage should be fire, and being able to debuff fire resist, supp spec cold damage and have cold debuff in spec line.

Bonedancer - make supp pets baseline so alternative specs can become interesting.

Berserker - When in zerk mode unmessable, unsnarable unstunnable to fit zerker lore.

Healer - castable AE snare.And some new nifty ability on pac/aug spec.

Sure hope you're joking here :eek7:

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
I think the vampiir needs more utility to be interesting to play.

"The Vampiir class is a fighter who wields a one-handed piercing weapon in its right hand. While in melee combat, it is able to cast Vampiir magic with the left hand. The class does not have a normal power pool, however. It will gain power from a variety of attacks - primarily melee strikes. The class receives Safefall and Climb Walls, as well as a passive form of health regeneration. Vampiiric magic comes in three categories or spell lines: "Self Enhancement" spells such as parry, evade, run speed, magic and melee absorption bonuses; "Offensive Damage" spells such as Lifetaps, Flame Strikes, and a special ability to turn the left hand into a claw for further melee attacks; and "Utility" spells such as a single target mez, snare, Lull Enemies, and effectiveness debuffs."

Calo

Part of the furniture
majik said:
Few suggestions for increasing the utility on healers as we need some desperate love:
-Pbt, ae snare and ae disease all in baseline.
-Combine grapple/sojourner/banelord for ultimate overpowered ml line, and rename it Pwnlord.
-Remove timers on ae insta cc and all insta heals, and increase their range to 2300.

That should do for now kthx.

what about the insta grp heal without timer :mad:

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Vindicator said:
No you didnt miss anything. Other than the fact that poor Herjulf is as about as clueless as they come. Personally I think Mythic go to him with Suggestions and realm balances most of the time.

Mythic Designer:" Hey there Herjulf, listen wer in a bit of a pickle here could use your insight and excellent judge of balance."

Mythic Designer:" Heh yes of course, We have a new class we want to make. Basically we dont think Zerkers are strong enough and we are going to have to reduce LA damage so we wer thinking of bringing in a Class that Still has Determination and Light tank RA's. Same Armor table. Give them self buffs that raise there Damage cap, Increase there weapon speed to haste, an instant shout to interupt, 50% melee resist's when needed, a Parry buff 2 just incase somebody is stupid enough to attack them, advanced evade of course and the highest Growth rate styles in the game. With the only positional 9s stun in migard 2 as a 2nd in chain move + a 4s rear stun incase the player isnt good enough to land it. What do you think ?

Herjulf:" Hmmm well after carefully considering it, with balance in mind 2, yes its ok but couldnt you give them instant heals and maybe a instant kill button with 30 sec timer to counter act Flurry?

Mythic Designer" Oh thats excellent great. We will try get your ideas in to but you know them damn whiners heh! ok thanks will be calling again for more superb Idea's!

Herjulf:" No problem, I will be here Eating my Brain food < Fish> thinking up Fresh idea's to balance Midgard. Just doing what I can with what I got ahh "

haha :D :D

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
If you had to choose one of those three, which would it be?

The 3rd one, remove stealth from mincers.. without doubt. It ruins stealthwars totally. silly ;<

Marc

FH is my second home
Vindicator said:

rofl ahahahahah

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
imo

they should change so Brain buff work on all chars with power pool :)

that would help all the hybrids :)

YES. (would give STR on NS :D )

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
less pow drainage on menta charm and geeez , the resists ... lost lvl 44 pet today with 48+11 light.. :twak:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:

Amen!
why do you think midgard allways have str relics?
we need it to compensate for LA nerf!
the LA nerf toned down zerkers and assraped SB's, it's an old tune but i will sing it until something is done about it.

SB is supposed to hit harder than our counterparts, that means we should hit harder when str relics are neutral, and alot harder when it's in our favour. i doubt this is the case as of now, tho i have no proof to back the statement up.

Calo

Part of the furniture
-Freezingwiz- said:
nah it should give Piety to Skald/reaver/etc for more dmg on shouts

and mincers xD

piety doesnt effect dd damage at all @ skald ... it would give u just a bit more power and u would be less oop :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
piety doesnt effect dd damage at all @ skald ... it would give u just a bit more power and u would be less oop :)

lol ?

cuz it do on mincer.... so I'm almost 100% sure it does on skalds aswell :)

Calo

Part of the furniture
-Freezingwiz- said:
lol ?

*ahum* and we all just get charisma for fun cause skalds are the cutiest ? :p

btw mincer =! skald :)

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
a) give bard insta pbaoe snare tbh.

b) sort out pathfinding on ranger and beastmater thingy on hunters. These in their conception were powerful spec lines, but in game reality were dick useless and nothing was done to address this purely cuz of the $$$ made from BB.

I got Pa'd for like 1100+ the other day. fo

Haha Vindicator's post, almost as good as the original posters "wardens need a boost" bit. Would have thought un used classes of hib such a champs/mentalists needed more of a tune up then say a bard. Tbh the cs spec'd sb is pretty harsh too play at times yes you can do high damage on a camo down ranger but if say an ns dd's him out of stealth or a ranger ts's him he stands far far less of a chance of winning then a high la sb. Ns can just press ap3 n win anyway i guess depends on thier mood...

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
instant spellz that interrupt atm:

alb: paladin(1), mincer(3), reaver (3, dot-snare-chant), friar(1), dunno if necro con debuff interrupts, cleric (2)

mid: healer pac(4), skald(4), shaman(pbae dis so its 1), thane(3), bd(1)

hib: bard(3), druid(2), champ(2), chanter(1), ns(1), valewalker(2)

alb: 10
hib: 11
mid: 13

>< ofc if we check grp setups its another story, but not a big difference if we just look at classes themselves.
my mincer get 4 insta interupts on low timer :p
have some extra ones on longer timer to.
but that might just be mine ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
lol ?

since when does piety make any difference on minstrels? :eek7:

Oh yeah, reavers have a few good interrupts (till 1.72 at least :( ) but tell me how many of them do you see in good groups? Right about... none cause albs never invite them.
Maybe we should have our spells take hps instead of power and thus renamed to abilities instead so we can be like savages with determination/stoicism?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom