'gimped' classes needs a boost?

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
bla bla .. give warden interrupt ! .. so far we only had melee as only interrupting way (+ twf ofc but that every 30 mins) ..

so i say .. GIVE WARDENS RANGED INTERRUPT MAJTS xDDDDDDD

grapplebots will have 2 buttons on QB then :x

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if some brainchild in Mythic, ever asked simple questions like "Do you think there is some disparity in abilities, let us compare Banelord to Stormlord" or "Lets analyse the relevance of Midd/Hibbs roaming with 50% resists against Albs who have to run with 26%".IF you want utilty in Albion, you have to basically lose all damage dealers, just to get resists, mezz and usefull ML's. For some fukked up reason in Midgard, the challenge to do this is Zero, luckily Mythic has already done it for you. so QQ some more easymoders.

In response to the topic, the top of the list is "Stormlord Wizards".

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
imo

they should change so Brain buff work on all chars with power pool :)

that would help all the hybrids :)

I'd rather see that they made all hybrids spells/powerpool str based like the NS dd's are :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
less pow drainage on menta charm and geeez , the resists ... lost lvl 44 pet today with 48+11 light.. :twak:
They already halved it. TBH the power drain isn't that big of a deal imo (if it is, you're charming the wrong pets).

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
They already halved it. TBH the power drain isn't that big of a deal imo (if it is, you're charming the wrong pets).

was ewul back in the days when mincer had to use a flute when he had to charm.....

AND had to target the pet all the time if they didn't wanna loose it ... really suxxed :touch:

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Midgard need more instas to interupt with. hib/alb got far to much instas to interupt with.

Pointless thread and this has been pointed before but..... sorry could not resist I HAD to laugh at this :worthy:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
lol, we will deffo see qq in 2 weeks. Savages and healers, ridiculous. Damage output on savage is a joke, Don't gimme BS about they toned down quads, the utility on a healer puts a Nuclear powerplant to shame.

nuclear powerplants kinda only do one thing...

Calo

Part of the furniture
Clipse said:
I wonder if some brainchild in Mythic, ever asked simple questions like "Do you think there is some disparity in abilities, let us compare Banelord to Stormlord" or "Lets analyse the relevance of Midd/Hibbs roaming with 50% resists against Albs who have to run with 26%".IF you want utilty in Albion, you have to basically lose all damage dealers, just to get resists, mezz and usefull ML's. For some fukked up reason in Midgard, the challenge to do this is Zero, luckily Mythic has already done it for you. so QQ some more easymoders.

In response to the topic, the top of the list is "Stormlord Wizards".

boehoe someone is crying because he spended to much time into a silly online game and its a bit hard :(

yes i agree, we are overpowered and we like it :flame:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Go find out what the word "utility" means

in daoc smartass. You made perfectly clear you were talking about "daoc utility" in which utility is about cramming as many decent abilities as possible into one class, of which the healer is a good example, and so is the sorc for instance.

Nuclear powerplants do one thing normally, and that is produce power, hence in daoc terms that would be shit utility.

A savage is more comparable to a nuclear powerplant then a healer is (imo) since savages only have dmg, and lots and lots of it, which is the same with powerplants since they "only" have power, and lots and lots of it.

asl?

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
wtvr man, I am not gonna lecture you on the use of Metaphors and the English language. I'm not here to patronise j00.

Oh and btw, which Midd ability is it to Res someone with no res-sickness, so they can just jump back in and inta-pwn all ?

It's a shame that a thread about gimped classes ends up analysing Midd overpowerdness, but unfortunatly its the root of all issues. Yes, variety is fun and stimulating, but bundling every possible concievable advantage into 3/4 midd classes is Elstupido !

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
A balanced Alb group : friar, sorc, theurgist, mincer, 2 clerics, paladin and Cabalist.

That is an alb group with : speed, resists,BT and pets, healing, end regen/blockbott and NS. That leaves no 1 to Damage. Not even gonna mention the ML aspect.

Luckily you Middies got it all easy and got all these utilities lovingly rolled into 3 classes, leaving room for 5 Savages hitting at the rate of a humming birds flapping, but with the force of a 10-tonne truck.

Dont bother replying, coz I got your response right here myself : "QQ more, look at PE on Prydwen, they pwn. Maybe you should afk less and pan more"

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Healers have more utility that a Black and decker powertool. Happy :D

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Clipse said:
A balanced Alb group : friar, sorc, theurgist, Cabalist....
That leaves no 1 to Damage.

Alb is the weakest realm, but it isn't so silly that the best alb grp can't output any damage.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
when will you guys get over it and just play ? instead of repeating yourselves in every topic :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
when will you guys get over it and just play ? instead of repeating yourselves in every topic :)
FOTM boi would say that....

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
sure its harder to make a balanced group on alb but they are NOT underpowered or the weakest realm, wich does not excist

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Aeicaan said:
sure its harder to make a balanced group on alb but they are NOT underpowered or the weakest realm, wich does not excist

Indeed, Alb can put up 1 or 2 very good setups n be competitive. However, imo is harder to make balanced grps mainly coz it requires a bit higher realmrank to achieve totally key RAs like clerics with MoC+BoF+Purge or casters with MoC+Purge (let apart RagingPower) n high pierce resist due to having to face enemies with elemental resists in every grp.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Oh and btw, which Midd ability is it to Res someone with no res-sickness, so they can just jump back in and inta-pwn all ?
!

I would belive you are thinking of the Mid ONLY perfector 8

8 Soul Restoration - cure rez sickness in a single target, costs 33% of the caster's power

Or were you aiming for the healers once pr 30 minutes PR which costs 14 RP's? Compared to clerics BoF?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
I would belive you are thinking of the Mid ONLY perfector 8

8 Soul Restoration - cure rez sickness in a single target, costs 33% of the caster's power

Or were you aiming for the healers once pr 30 minutes PR which costs 14 RP's? Compared to clerics BoF?

or the healer special RA ?

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
A balanced Alb group : friar, sorc, theurgist, mincer, 2 clerics, paladin and Cabalist.

That is an alb group with : speed, resists,BT and pets, healing, end regen/blockbott and NS. That leaves no 1 to Damage. Not even gonna mention the ML aspect.

Luckily you Middies got it all easy and got all these utilities lovingly rolled into 3 classes, leaving room for 5 Savages hitting at the rate of a humming birds flapping, but with the force of a 10-tonne truck.

Dont bother replying, coz I got your response right here myself : "QQ more, look at PE on Prydwen, they pwn. Maybe you should afk less and pan more"
This argument is flawed, I can't understand why albs keep using it...

If you take ANY combination of classes in the game, it takes MORE classes in a different realm to match their abilities... this works for any realm and almost every class but very few exceptions.

Easy example here just like yours:

To match ONE sorcerer in mid you need,

Spiritmaster (AE debuffs, Lifetap, Pet)
Healer (Long duration AE mez, mana regen)
Shaman (AE root, dot)
Runemaster (baseline speed, cold/heat/matter debuffs)

The point of this is, big deal if you can't mirror all the abilities a mid group has when you make a group, you are gonna have OTHER things that the usual mid fotm group DOES NOT have.

I think you would need to play against both albs and mids to really understand. When playing only one realm you mainly see what is weak but your strengths are always taken for granted.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I have played both mid and alb, alb probably has it a bit harder but its very well possible to win with alb grp. Actually the alb grp I've played in wins higher % of fg fights than mid grp. Different servers ofc but it's still the same classes (savages healers spiritmasters and such) we face on prydwen, even rr9+ group(s). Like someone has said, dedicated grp > realm differences in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom