TV Game of Thrones

Mey

Part of the furniture
Best episode in my opinion!

remeber whatever they are paying you I will always pay more. I like living!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Best episode so far. Best series in a very, very long time.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
its a great series not enjoyed anything on TV for a long time.

just started to read the books and I'm impressed at how well it sticks to the books even down to the lines. The imp by far the best character.

cannot wait for the next ep :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Both in the books and the series we haven't actually seen his death, but Martin himself pretty much said that "he's unarmed in a room with one of the best swordsmen in the realm, draw your own conclusions". Going by the sounds when the camera shifts to Arya, he didn't make it. Personally I believe he died, and I really hope I'm right because the reason I like Martin is that he doesn't suffer from the standard refusal to kill off characters that most fantasy does, and Syrio just showing up in the future would be fucking dumb and not "awesome" imho.

eksdee

FH is my second home
"You have to kill me first"

"YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!!!"

Absolutely awesome episode. Love this series.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
What happened to arya's swordmaster?

There's a theory that Syrio is Jaqen, a character Arya will encounter in early in the next book. TBH I think it's bollocks. Syrio died.

Looks like there aren't going to be any flashbacks either which is a shame, I'd have loved to see Ned the others face up against the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy. I mean c'mon, Ser Arthur Dayne - The Sword of Morning, that's to cool to miss out on

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aye awesome series so far just gets better every episode.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Stayed up all night just to catch the reactions of people who haven't read the books raging the fuck out live, I don't care if the series flops after this it was totally fucking worth it! Brilliant episode, and I think it shows perfectly why Martin is so highly regarded in fantasy(when he actually writes).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The serie just went into a even higher level.

I would've never anticipated this!

- English -

Resident Freddy
The serie just went into a even higher level.

I would've never anticipated this!

|
|
v

ep9 spoiler .. dont look if you wish to not spoil ep9

hehe yes, i was expecting Aiya(sp?) to go make a scene or something and delay his execution. Still feeling sad over it hehe .. cant wait for the next eps. I wonder if they will execute Jamie if they find out Ned is a gonner ;x

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I think Jamie is going to get away but they are going to kill his father in the battle royale making him the successor

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I think Jamie is going to get away but they are going to kill his father in the battle royale making him the successor

I genuinely love how all these guess's by folks now are along the lines of the "unpredictable" actually one thing I will say about GoT from the books so far - is they are quite difficult to predict as to what will happen next

which is surprising for modern literature/tv

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I don't know what everyone's complaining about. I thought it was inevitable it would happen and that it's a good thing.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Holy f**king sh*t, even knowing what was coming that was awesome.

I dont usually have much time for twitter but this made me laugh:
@AustinofEarth: #gameofthrones My new mission in life is to write and direct a fantasy epic in which Sean Bean wins

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't know what everyone's complaining about. I thought it was inevitable it would happen and that it's a good thing.

You'd think people would see it coming by the choice of actor.

Brilliant episode, did the book justice. The death of Eddard was not the shocking moment in truth, the shock was that he choose family over honour. That is what I love about Martin's writing. He built this massive heroic character, a moral man -and then he sold him out.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I read the book last week and I regret it. The book is great but I just kept seeing differences between book and show. Nothing major just little stuff. I wish I waited till after the show finished to read the book.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I read the book last week and I regret it. The book is great but I just kept seeing differences between book and show. Nothing major just little stuff. I wish I waited till after the show finished to read the book.

Or had read the long enough ago to miss the little things.

Be fair though, what other book translation has been so loyal to original?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Or had read the long enough ago to miss the little things.

Be fair though, what other book translation has been so loyal to original?

It is a close as they can make it keeping to a budget and it is a great job, it was my own fault for wanting spoilers lol.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
I am actually obsessed.. not got Sky Atlantic so was going to watch them all recorded on my mates sky box when I go visit in 2 weeks but just couldn't wait, watched first 8 episodes in one day online then went out and bought all the books which by the way are on offer for 4.99 each in WH Smith :).

Couldn't believe episode 9! What a shocker :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
gohf.jpg

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'm surprised at the exclamations of surprise.
It was clear what was going to happen in the grand scheme of the plot.
The one real surprise...
...was Aemon being a Targeryan.

I guess I've read too many multi-book fantasy series. Daenerys just comes across as a blonde Ce'nedra to me. :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
There is a very negative reaction to this episode in America, the two sides seem to be the the book readers and the TV audience. My favourite quote for far has been

“Most of you who think this was some sort of brilliant move or something don’t understand the difference between a book audience and a TV audience, TV audiences need to invest in characters. Most of the other characters I don’t care much about. While the show will probably still appeal to the ‘wow’ crowd, it’s mass appeal just got beheaded.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom