TV Game of Thrones

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought the book at Tesco today for £4.50. Bargain.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Just watched the end of Season 1.... Amazing :D

Sucks having to wait a year for the next season though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Damn yanks getting it early, guess it should be uploaded soon enough though

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Working a nightshift, Sickbeard will have it waiting for me when I get home :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Excellent.

From start to finish this series has exceeded my hopes and expectations. A couple of minor complaints (mostly due to the limitations of the medium and the budget) don't detract from the sheer quality of the show. Damn near everything's been spot on, the casting especially has been perfect. I can't think of any other TV series I've enjoyed watching as much as this one - or anything that's made an hour pass quicker.

The only question that remains, do I rewatch straight away or wait for the Bluray?

Or both...?

GOT-Finale-Dragon-1024x576.jpg

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
had some issues with this episode actually for the first time I've had quarrels with an ep :(

the whole jon deserting wasn't covered well enough, especially him calling Ghost a traitor - wish that happened in the show, also showing sam hit a branch for comedic value was unnecessary imo.

another problem was Dany having hair after the birth of the dragons!

and lastly the crypt scene I feel this was just skimmed over, infact all the bran scenes atm seem to be skimmed over and he's going to be a huge character in future :(

on the plus side tho the Maester Pycelle scene was perfect, as is the Casting of Yoren, can't wait for A Clash of Kings to watch Arya/Gendry/Yoren

all in all this ep is a 7/10 !

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Best series I've seen for a while :D Episode 10 was awesome! As some one else said hour really flies past I hate when it ends :p can't wait for season 2.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
just noticed something else that kinda got to me

the line from theon "am I your brother?" which wasn't in the book - then he swears his life to robb - I feel adding this in is a bit silly considering the massive betrayal Theon is planning....

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
btw guys, can we leave book 2 spoilers out of this thread? if you hide them.. please add that its a book 2 spoiler. thx :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
bigsoz my spoilers are both a song of ice and fire series spoilers - from all the books so do not read if you don't want book 2 etc to be "spoiled"

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
just noticed something else that kinda got to me

the line from theon "am I your brother?" which wasn't in the book - then he swears his life to robb - I feel adding this in is a bit silly considering the massive betrayal Theon is planning....
Book2 spoiler
Been a while since i actually read book 2 but didnt Theon go back to the Iron islands with the plan of getting his father to use his fleet to help Robb? Things kinda escalated beyond his control

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Omfg, I can't wait for the next season. I am so going to buy the books! Btw, is the ending of this season 1, also the end of book 1?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Book2 spoiler
Been a while since i actually read book 2 but didnt Theon go back to the Iron islands with the plan of getting his father to use his fleet to help Robb? Things kinda escalated beyond his control

book2 spoiler

I'm currently re-reading book 2 atm and from what I can gather from his PoV chapters he's thinking nothing of nothing but revenge vs the starks and claiming a crown for himself, from the moment he gets the the iron islands all he goes on about is how he is no more a slave of the starks

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
book2 spoiler

I'm currently re-reading book 2 atm and from what I can gather from his PoV chapters he's thinking nothing of nothing but revenge vs the starks and claiming a crown for himself, from the moment he gets the the iron islands all he goes on about is how he is no more a slave of the starks

book 2 etc
From the Tower of the Hand chapter summaries:
Theon produces Robb's message, which states that if Balon will attack the Lannisters, Robb will make him King of the Iron Islands. Theon is proud of the plan, which he helped draft. It calls for Robb to march on the Golden Tooth and draw out Ser Stafford Lannister, after which the ironmen will attack from the sea and take Casterly Rock, which Theon would then want as his seat. Balon thinks Casterly Rock too strong and does not want to be given a crown. He has called his banners to take a crown, and he will not do so by marching on the Lannisters. He will move on the north.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
book 2 etc
From the Tower of the Hand chapter summaries:
Theon produces Robb's message, which states that if Balon will attack the Lannisters, Robb will make him King of the Iron Islands. Theon is proud of the plan, which he helped draft. It calls for Robb to march on the Golden Tooth and draw out Ser Stafford Lannister, after which the ironmen will attack from the sea and take Casterly Rock, which Theon would then want as his seat. Balon thinks Casterly Rock too strong and does not want to be given a crown. He has called his banners to take a crown, and he will not do so by marching on the Lannisters. He will move on the north.

book2

he then goes and sieges winterfell and kills bran / rickon, the my interpretation atm of Theon PoV chapters is that he completely loathes the starks, which gets worse with his family rubbing salt in his wound saying he's a northerner now and no longer heir to the iron islands, motivation enough to betray Robb I guess, strongly dislike theon in both the tv show/books though :(

eksdee

FH is my second home
Just found out the girl who plays Sansa Stark is local. She's legal next year. Just sayin'.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A year? A mother fucking year???

Dammit.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Excellent.

From start to finish this series has exceeded my hopes and expectations. A couple of minor complaints (mostly due to the limitations of the medium and the budget) don't detract from the sheer quality of the show. Damn near everything's been spot on, the casting especially has been perfect. I can't think of any other TV series I've enjoyed watching as much as this one - or anything that's made an hour pass quicker.

The only question that remains, do I rewatch straight away or wait for the Bluray?

Or both...?

GOT-Finale-Dragon-1024x576.jpg

the dragons looked better than that in HD

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
KING IN THE NORTH!

I had goosebumps. So epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom