TV Game of Thrones

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
HBO acquire rights to Song of Ice and Fire

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=thud&id=8544

HBO has acquired the rights to turn George R.R. Martin's bestselling fantasy series "A Song of Fire and Ice" into a dramatic series to be written and exec produced by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss."Fire" is the first TV project for Benioff ("Troy") and Weiss ("Halo") and will shoot in Europe or New Zealand. Benioff and Weiss will write every episode of each season together save one, which the author (a former TV writer) will script.

Well I guess this was in the pipeline, thus explaining the decision to cancel Rome after the 2nd series. This one is going to be expensive! I think aSoIaF's themes are suited to the HBO style dramas though, considering how they have handled adult content with Rome/Deadwood etc. I just hope they don't cancel it due to the costs, so hopefully it'll get the ratings it deserves. I'm sure the internet will make sure that happens. :)
I wonder who they're going to cut out, because featuring every character would surely take forever...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well as a movie it would never have worked, but as a tv series they can surely dedicate time to all the characters.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Damn, thought this was a TV version of Songs of Earth and Power by Greg Bear. Oh well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They're cancelling Rome?

FFS.

Well I suppose as long as they replace it with something equally as good, thats fair enough.

I miss the days when a series would run for 7 seasons (STTNG).

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Wow, such a revival.

However, I think HBO mostly hit the spot with their cast... King Robert seems awesome, Sean might do pretty well as Eddard... Seems allright so far, judging from the looks. Havent heard about most of them, which I think is a good thing :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
HBO is awesome. I really, really wish I could subscribe to it via the internet or something.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
HBO is awesome. I really, really wish I could subscribe to it via the internet or something.

HBO, Showtime and Comedy Central = 70% of stuff I download.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
MALAZAN EMPIRE SAGA!!! you fuckers shitty producers!!!

MALAZAN EMPIRE!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
MALAZAN EMPIRE SAGA!!! you fuckers shitty producers!!!

MALAZAN EMPIRE!!

Only if HBO get to do it, let's see how this turns out first, Songs of Ice and Fire is very good, on par with Malazan in my opinion.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
please don't let them fuff it please don't let them fuff it please don't let them fuff it please don't let them fuff it :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not sure about them casting characters that "don't appear" in the books :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, although I have faith in HBO, I really do not want this to flop.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
hope it can live up to the books still not got all the way through but read 4 so far and i think they are great love how anything goes in the books no one is safe

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Peter F. Hamilton (scifi) bookseries would make good tv/movies imo.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Hope this motivates him to finish the bookahahahaahahaha yeah no.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
w00t :)

So that's what George is doing rather THAN WRITING A FUCKING DANCE WITH DRAGONS ALREADY.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I want to read the books but I'm only willing to do so on Kindle. Apparently they were on the UK Kindle store a few days before I received mine, and then they disappeared... should I steal them? :<

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I haven't read these but I'm looking forward to the TV series. I tend to buy sci-fi books rather than fantasy.

Peter F. Hamilton (scifi) bookseries would make good tv/movies imo.

TV series because of the sheer amount of stuff he crams in though the budget would be a big issue for his space opera scale stuff.

Last of the Void trilogy was released a few days ago. I'll be on the lookout for that very soon when I've finished my current crop of reading :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hurray :)

anyone know when it starts? (i can only find 2011 - ??? as a start date so far)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
GOT-OFFICIAL-POSTER-691x1024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom