TV Game of Thrones

megadave

I am a FH squatter
book spoiler
that I find kind of strange. Cersei and Jaime are supposed to be some kind of golden folk (at least, that's how I read the books). That's why Jaime is so bummed out when his hand gets lopped off. It's not that it leaves him unable to fight (though that plays a part), but because he is physically marred.
spoiler :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, maybe us folk who have read the books should be using spoilers .... :D

Aoln, reading the books while the series is on will not ruin your enjoyment of it, if anything it will enhance it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Agreed. I don't care about northern weather excuses, she is only two years older than Cersei but she looks like some ancient hag in comparison. No wonder Ned fathered a bastard.

Book spoiler.
Allegedly fathered xD

I have no problem with her acting btw, just her appearance. Rest of the cast is perfect so far I think.

hehe that was my theory too, and from a quick bit of googling seems a lot of the interwebs too looking forward to how that spins out :)

wonder how Jon would find out though? some sort of crazy Benjen re-union?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Samm has read all the books and loved them, she was virtually dripping when she heard this was being made.

I have not read any of the books but I was also excited.

But jesus what a ghastly pile of wank the first 2 episodes have been so far (apart from the b00bs). Samm also dislikes it massively and says its "too scrappy" and she can't see how they will fit it all in in 12 episodes.

It really is wank :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
12 episodes is not for all the books mate.... unless I've missed something huge. As for scrappy... it's followed book one nearly perfectly so far.

Samm

Fledgling Freddie
I heard that each series would represent one book. I just think that there is so much detail in each book that cramming them into a series each is just making them seem rushed and bitty. But thats pretty much always the way I guess, the books are always better. You missed seeing the Starks and Snow bonding with the Direwolves. You missed all the building of the story with the Tagareyans before the wedding. I really like Danys character in the book and at the minute the Show just portrays her as vacant.

I wasnt sure about Cersei in first episode but she definately fitted the part in the second well when she was ordering for punishments. Ayra is well cast as is Tyrion. I guess Jof is cast well too as really do want to see him hurt. I dont hate the casting of Catelyn she should be a strong woman and looked ghastly last night but was worrying over Bran so to be expected. Jon Snows casting seems wrong for now but may improve.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I heard that each series would represent one book. I just think that there is so much detail in each book that cramming them into a series each is just making them seem rushed and bitty. But thats pretty much always the way I guess, the books are always better. You missed seeing the Starks and Snow bonding with the Direwolves. You missed all the building of the story with the Tagareyans before the wedding. I really like Danys character in the book and at the minute the Show just portrays her as vacant.

I wasnt sure about Cersei in first episode but she definately fitted the part in the second well when she was ordering for punishments. Ayra is well cast as is Tyrion. I guess Jof is cast well too as really do want to see him hurt. I dont hate the casting of Catelyn she should be a strong woman and looked ghastly last night but was worrying over Bran so to be expected. Jon Snows casting seems wrong for now but may improve.

The entire LOTR trilogy is 9 hours 20 minutes, ish. Game of Thrones alone is 10 hours of TV. It is plenty of time ¬_¬ if they move along at book pace, nobody will watch it.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
The series continues to impress; for every teeny niggle of something that doesn't work quite right, there's a dozen bits that are superb

Syrio was fantastic, the girl playing Arya really is stealing the show though

Lots of characters introduced this episode, even more that aren't named

Was that Selmy the king was talking to?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Really good so far, happy it's been renewed already.

Havn't read the books ( and won't until the series is completely finished, WOT left me raging so hard ).

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Im having the feeling that the tv series is going way too fast than the plot in the books.

Are we mising something important so far?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The series continues to impress; for every teeny niggle of something that doesn't work quite right, there's a dozen bits that are superb

Syrio was fantastic, the girl playing Arya really is stealing the show though

Except for the 'fro, WTF?! Buy yeah, Arya is perfect. That scene with Ned was really good.

Was that Selmy the king was talking to?

Yes, it was Barristan the Bold :D That scene didn't happen in the book did it? The only part that seemed off was Robert's reaction to Jaime talking about Aerys. Doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would be shocked into silence by Lannister scum.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Im having the feeling that the tv series is going way too fast than the plot in the books.

Are we mising something important so far?

Imo, we aren't seeing the bond between Starks and their Direwolves enough. Where the f. is Ghost?!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really enjoying this. Got to admit, if I want hack and slash fiction I'll usually read "historical" fiction rather than fantasy, (my tastes in fantasy usually run in other directions) but I'm pretty tempted to get the books now; although I understand he still has a couple left to write? Maybe I'll wait until he's done, and then read the lot.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Really good so far, happy it's been renewed already.

Havn't read the books ( and won't until the series is completely finished, WOT left me raging so hard ).

WOT is still getting finished, by another author who worked with Jordan so at least it will still be done

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Really enjoying this. Got to admit, if I want hack and slash fiction I'll usually read "historical" fiction rather than fantasy, (my tastes in fantasy usually run in other directions) but I'm pretty tempted to get the books now; although I understand he still has a couple left to write? Maybe I'll wait until he's done, and then read the lot.

The first book came out 15 years ago, he has taken 5 years to write the most recent one, and there are two more planned. You have a long time to wait.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
He' said most of the delay with Dance was untangling his 'gordian knot' of characters and timelines so hopefully future books will be a bit more straightforward.

He's also already finished a few hundred pages of book 6 which he cut from 5 - so there's some hope he'll finish the series before doing a Jordan on us

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dance with Dragons is finished, and they are releasing it as soon as this season finishes. Cash cow or what.

Helme

Resident Freddy
To be fair, they probably couldn't release it any faster than that - it takes about 2 months for even the biggest books to go from finished, to proofread, and then sent for production and delivered to stores.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
This show is almost too good to be true. The acting is pure awesomeness, scenery is amazing, and the plot is so intriguing.

I've watched the latest episode cringing at the idea that it will end, checked the timeline bar like 5 times while watching.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Episode 3 was brilliant :) I haven't read the books for years (I don't even remember making this thread!) but so far I'm loving it :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
I've started reading the first book because I can't wait to find out what happens lol. About half way through now and I'm addicted!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Still haven't decided if i wanna see this or not.

The people i've talked to that have seen it and read the books are quite disappointed with the fact that a LOT of the details and character introductions has been dropped from the serie.

And stuff like that tends to infuriate me.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's fine, they've of course had to do some changes - but nothing major, so far the "worst" I've seen is giving Jaime more screen time, because without inner monologues he's pretty absent from the original story.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
just watched EP4, awesome gets better and better :)

Samwell is awesome hah perfect, though a bit weird when he got excited about Jons description of the whore

as always the Imp is shining :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom