TV Game of Thrones

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes, although I have faith in HBO, I really do not want this to flop.

Me neither but the pessimist in me says it most likely will because producers/directors just can not let a good story be without adding some of their "artistic" shit....

Just look at the legend of the seeker series, much of what's going on there never ever happened in the books.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Legend of the Seeker was bad because it was based on some of the worst fantasy books written, I don't think this show will have that problem.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Legend of the seeker is awesome. The books were awful, the tv show is the best fantasy cheese since Hercules and xena.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i thought the legend of the seeker books were ok to start with then got so absurdly preachy after the first few

but as i said before... woop woop... new trailer looks incredible, cannot freaking wait :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I've been watching the Game of Thrones section on HBO on Demand, there's 3-4 ten minute clips of introductions to the various characters and houses, by the actors themselves. Can't wait :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I hope they recreate this in some sort of short flashback.
robert-vs-rhaegar-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-zorya.jpg

Everyone needs to know how epicly epic Robert Baratheon was before he got fat.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never heard of it, never read a word, never seen a trailer, complete fresh outlook on the whole thing so, we'll see.

Good to get new fantasy and that's about it :p

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Never heard of it, never read a word, never seen a trailer, complete fresh outlook on the whole thing so, we'll see.

Good to get new fantasy and that's about it :p

It's popular and most folk in here like it - therefore you'll hate it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's popular and most folk in here like it - therefore you'll hate it

I judge a show by it's own merits, not by popularity :p

Atleast i'll bring a fresh POV as there's 0 fan opinion included.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome :)

though for some reason I always figured Ed Stark would have short hair...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Not long to go now! I've been reading some reviews (critics got to see the first 6 episodes) and they're nearly all glowing. There's been a couple of negative ones though, but they're laughable:

?Game of Thrones? Begins Sunday on HBO - Review - NYTimes.com

The true perversion, though, is the sense you get that all of this illicitness has been tossed in as a little something for the ladies, out of a justifiable fear, perhaps, that no woman alive would watch otherwise. While I do not doubt that there are women in the world who read books like Mr. Martin’s, I can honestly say that I have never met a single woman who has stood up in indignation at her book club and refused to read the latest from Lorrie Moore unless everyone agreed to “The Hobbit” first. “Game of Thrones” is boy fiction patronizingly turned out to reach the population’s other half.

The common theme in the negative reviews seems to be "It's fantasy, therefore it's bad"

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
well ofc there are negative comments its not a fucking reality based tv show is it god forbid..... theres no dumb fuckin blondes called katie in it

yes im sick of seein reality shows gettin advertised on every bleedin channel

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The common theme in the negative reviews seems to be "It's fantasy, therefore it's bad"

Flip that opinion around and you have my take on books.
If it isn't sci-fi or fantasy, I don't want to know.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
You dont watch any TV shows that arent fantasy? So you've never seen The Wire, Sopranos, Dexter, Mad men etc?

I dont like medical dramas but I love House - a good show is a good show, regardless of genre

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Saw first episode just now. Good stuff, but don't want to wait a week for the next one!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You dont watch any TV shows that arent fantasy? So you've never seen The Wire, Sopranos, Dexter, Mad men etc?

I dont like medical dramas but I love House - a good show is a good show, regardless of genre
Books! I said books! :)

TV shows I take them as they come. I've seen a few eps of the 5 shows you mention. I watch some non-scifi shows (eg. Lie To Me, Nikita, Hustle, Holby City, Who Do You Think You Are, etc.) but most of them are as fantasy as they come (Fringe, True Blood, Spartacus, Eureka, SGU etc).

I'll be watching Game of Thrones tonight on Sky Atlantic. TV companies are finally realising that it's worth putting out new high profile shows close to the same day on both sides of the Atlantic. Saves having to download it, and I get to watch it in nice HD on my big TV. :)
If it's really good, I'll buy the boxset.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, putting it on Sky Atlantic so soon means I'll actually watch it on TV. Although Sky Atlantic is fucking annoying at times with it's insane frequency of ad breaks.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
im at work ::cry:

have to log into sky player and watch it when i get home or in the morning i think ill finish the books too

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Books! I said books! :)

Sorry, you did.

I'm pretty much the same, I rarely read anything other than fantasy BUT if I do then my opinion of if it's good or not isn't based on the genre. That a professional reviewer in a 'respected' publication like the NYT does that, it kinda annoys me.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah, putting it on Sky Atlantic so soon means I'll actually watch it on TV. Although Sky Atlantic is fucking annoying at times with it's insane frequency of ad breaks.
Same, I'm not that bothered to go hunting when I can Sky+ as that's what the thing is there for. It just always bothered me that the net is awash with spoilers and we had to wait months.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I may just watch them when its finished airing, I am bored of being drip fed TV shows. I quite like sitting down and watching a few episodes at a time when I have a spare few hours.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I did that with some things like Mad Men, gonna watch GoT as it airs though - won't have to put up with cliffhanger episode endings since I know what's going to happen anyway :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
Finished watching the first episode and I really liked it, a few scenes felt a bit unnecessary(like the bath scene) but it's not like I'm going to complain, the girl playing Daenerys has amazing tits. I'm mostly impressed by the child actors so far, they are almost universally utterly shit in TV/Movies but Arya was charming from the first moment on screen and so was Bran.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished ep1 too and yeah, it's good. <3 direwolf puppies

Though I did think removing Bran overhearing Jaime and Cersei meant Jaimie pushing him was a bit of an over-reaction.

Arya, Ned, Bran, Tyrion and Dany are perfectly cast, hopefully Jon is too but not seen much of him so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom