Game of Thrones season 6

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I fucking loved that one :cool::cool::cool:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It felt slow compared to how the season has been flying along?
I think we all need to take a breath after the last few weeks though...!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Boring new episode. Though, not bereft completely of plot development. Much less wtf? moments in this season unfortunately.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Episode 6. Meh. Yes, yes, it wasn't unenjoyable, but didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. Actually paused it during the play section to make tea. Episode 5 I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. The whole sparrow thing is tiresome. Slaughter the lot of em, retake the North from Ramsay, defeat the White Walkers, throw in some gratuitous Carice van Houten boobies, and prepare for a monster battle with Emilia Clarke.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Episode 6. Meh. Yes, yes, it wasn't unenjoyable, but didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. Actually paused it during the play section to make tea. Episode 5 I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. The whole sparrow thing is tiresome. Slaughter the lot of em, retake the North from Ramsay, defeat the White Walkers, throw in some gratuitous Carice van Houten boobies, and prepare for a monster battle with Emilia Clarke.

Agree, it was a good ep but not in the same way as the previous.

All in all this season so far has been awesome. I was a bit afraid that it would go south when venturing from the books but it's been great (except the sand snakes)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nobody notice the foreshadowing during Ayra's scenes at the play, and with "Cersei"? Understanding why Cersei did what she did? Realising she didn't want to be an assassin after all? The Tywin Lannister actor, who, even out of character, was a massive dick? And "Sansa", who wanted to kill "Cersei"?

Also, blowing out the candle so she was in complete darkness. I guess training while blind had its benefits. Perhaps she's being tested - perhaps the faceless man wants her to kill that other girl.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Or perhaps they didn't know where to take her story so she will just end up hoping on a boat back home. I thought that was pretty weak for her story.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Or perhaps they didn't know where to take her story so she will just end up hoping on a boat back home. I thought that was pretty weak for her story.

I haven't read the books but followed a few people who have, according to them it is quite heavily implied in the books that she will cancel her training.
There was lots of interesting parts during those scenes. I think Arya will still want to do her list but realized that as Faceless men you are a pure sell sword.

If you have time I recommend watching Alt Shift X episode reviews on youtube. He often highlights things in the grander scheme that at least I miss at times :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I get all that but it seems a sudden decision rather than something that has been bothering her for some time. In the book everything with her story has a build up, or a reason. She doesn't just go, you know what, fuck it, going to do something else now.

I think it is probably down to time constraints for the show, it often feels like a highlights reel at the best of times. They handled her relationship with the Hound really well but her relationship with the faceless has felt rushed. Still enjoying it though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It felt a bit "well what was the point of all that then?" to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Getting bored of blond bird gathering armies and announcing her intention to invade, only for whole seasons to pass whilst she's still boatless in the desert.

Other than that, wasn't bad I don't think. Introduced a new character back from the dead so to speak. Church and state linking up. Arya coming to her senses. Enjoyed it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watched the "hold the door" episode...all very LOTR ripoff but mildly entertaining...though he repeated the phrase about ten times too many and the acting was like a 6th form play.
The last episode was snoozefill...I guess I need insta action these days.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I think its a double bluff; the Waif is the target. Otherwise it really is "what was the point of all that?" since she's had next to no training at this point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think its a double bluff; the Waif is the target.
That occured to me last night too. But it'd be inconsistent with what's gone on before and Tom's idea also works. Could turn into an epic map-hopping chase.

Having said that, it also rings true because: fantasy. Doesn't actually need to be logically consistent. It ain't sci-fi :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am not sure her training was for nothing but with getting Needle back you know she was never ever going to give up her name. I hope she doesn't learn how to change face. I want her to go and kill Walder Frey as herself so he knows who did it, I only remembered this week how much he needs to die as well. I am glad they have not moved away from how I hope it ends.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Walder Frey probably wouldn't even recognise her. With this series, you can't predict who will die or how. I still think Hodor will take the iron throne.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The whole Hodor/Hold the door business just completely smashed and shattered the immersion completely. Can't say why but it just did. It's so stupid!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with Fett here. Now, I'm not watching the series atm, but I've had tonnes of people talking to me about that particular episode. one of my coworkers even had tears in her eyes! only think I had when I visualized the whole thing in my mind's eye was "why the actual fuck did they spin it like that?" :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
tbh I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with Fett here. Now, I'm not watching the series atm, but I've had tonnes of people talking to me about that particular episode. one of my coworkers even had tears in her eyes! only think I had when I visualized the whole thing in my mind's eye was "why the actual fuck did they spin it like that?" :(

Personally I thought it was a great twist while showing the true power of the 3 eyed raven, It's hard not to imagine Bran/3 eyed Raven had a part to play in Rhaegar hearing voices/going mad, in fact my whole (how I think it's going to play out) is built upon Bran being able to communicate with the past :p

I was also happy with the last episode, it was a definite slow down, but it covered a lot of bases and set out the stall for the remainder of the season. Everyman and his dog is now heading to Riverrun, and there isn't any excuses for Danaerys not heading back home.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I re-watched it tonight, and paused through the scenes in Brans flash backs and I reckon there is also some flash forwards in there as well. It was good to see
Rhaegar acting a bit mental as well as seeing Jaime killing him, but there were some other cool things going on that I need to have a think about before commenting :0

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Did... did you think it was based on a true story?

Did you think that i thought it was based on a true story?

I'm not throwing the whole season under the bus here. I did mention plot progress and them connecting some dots here and there, but, seriously, Hold the door? It's laughable. Apparently that particular moment were taken from notes by R.R Martin. It does really cheapen the late Hodor. I can't even spell his name now without giggling.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I'm not sure why you find the whole hold the door episode amusing @fettoken nor why you think it is ridiculous... For me it is perfectly clear why it happened. As for how the scene was shot in six seasons I have not seen something so awesome and horrendous at the same time... The whole timeywimey part was linked very well and both Nairn and the chap who played Wylis were superb, not amusing in the slightest.

If you are not worried about book spoilers I like the write up below although there are many others
The consequences of the Hodor time loop on Game of Thrones | News | Geek.com

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES i do understand what happened and how it ties together. It's a loop, i get it! He held the door. That's it. I'm not getting why you all are wetting your knickers over this. It's nothing overly complicated that needed to be explained.. he held the door. This isn't a moment in which we tried to figure out who Kayzer Söze was, this is just on such a simplistic plan it's just getting ridiculous. It could have been explained in any other way, and it wouldn't have mattered. He..just..held...the..door. Get over it.

Although! I will admit, i did enjoy seeing the flashbacks. But, for some unexplained reason, i started laughing. Perhaps thinking, is that it? It could be personal due to me not really caring about what happens to Bran & gang. Sad to see the dire wolf go, that was it.

@Yoni The 'timeywhimey's' supposed greatness did not come from the marvelous disclosing of Hodor's intricate past, that's for sure.

Also not sure what you would call "awesome and horrendous"? Okay, if you are invested in Bran & gang's story and their characters, i do actually understand, and say fair enough!

Also, to you other mongers & prongers out there, stop disagreeing and actually post something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom