Game of Thrones Season 2

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be honest so far the series has made the Lannisters (bar Joeffry) a lot more relatable that I remember the books doing. Cerssi in particular is never anything but a thundering cunt in the books. In the series however there is a lot more of a "I'm doing it for my kids" vibe.

Nope, they've simply had to show they are human a bit faster than the books. I don't know how many books you've read, but you should take none of the characters on face value.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Bout to start Dance with Dragons and yeah I agree one of my favorite things is how characters are always changing but so far no signs of anything but megabitch from cerssi!

ileks

Part of the furniture
I can't believe how time flies when watching this. I absolutely love it.

Not too keen on the Ygritte/Jon scenes so far. I think it might have been better if they just CGI'd north of the wall rather than filmed it in Iceland. It looks a bit too real if that makes sense.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Nope, they've simply had to show they are human a bit faster than the books. I don't know how many books you've read, but you should take none of the characters on face value.

This.

He has a way of making you change your opinion of a character from book to book.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Can't say I'm liking the Qarth storyline at the moment; whereas everywhere else the script is all about paring stuff down, the Denearys storyline seems even more convoluted than the books.

Knowing what I know now from the later books, I'm *REALLY* interested to see how they do the House of the Undying.

A lot of stuff that didn't make sense when I read the book suddenly makes a LOT more sense when you read A Dance with Dragons.[/quote]

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I can't believe how time flies when watching this. I absolutely love it.

Not too keen on the Ygritte/Jon scenes so far. I think it might have been better if they just CGI'd north of the wall rather than filmed it in Iceland. It looks a bit too real if that makes sense.

I like that about it, they've cut no corners!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Seriously if it's going to be Cat cutting off Jamie's hand I'm going to be very dissapointed in this show. One of the main ways Jamie's redemption is shown is through his following through on his promise to return Cat's kids. I just can't believe a man who had his hand cut off by a woman would do that. Really hope it isn't her.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Seriously if it's going to be Cat cutting off Jamie's hand I'm going to be very dissapointed in this show. One of the main ways Jamie's redemption is shown is through his following through on his promise to return Cat's kids. I just can't believe a man who had his hand cut off by a woman would do that. Really hope it isn't her.

Agreed. I also thought it was a bit out of character for Jaime to kill his cousin like he did. He could have just knocked him out or got him to play dead. I think they have made him a bit too evil.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
As far as I remember, the ice scenes were filmed in Iceland, the green and rocky scenes in County Wicklow, Ireland, and the hot scenes in Croatia.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AMAGAD! The new female addition!

Oona-Chaplin-Si-fuera-chico-seria-muy-mujeriego_reportaje.jpg

(y)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Book 3 spoiler
She isn't a Frey, that would make the entire story veer off differently

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you can't beat em, join em..."A Game of Thrones" arrived in a cardboard Amazon packet this morning...;)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Went to the shop to buy book 5 today and the lady told me they only have it in hard back for $35. Fuck that for a pack of buiscuits

ileks

Part of the furniture
I think the paper back is out at some point this year with an additional chapter from book 6 included. Get a pdf off the internet in the mean time :p

I read the Dunk and Egg stories recently and they are quite good. They are set about 100 years or so before the main story so you get some good info on the Targaryans and stuff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Went to the shop to buy book 5 today and the lady told me they only have it in hard back for $35. Fuck that for a pack of buiscuits
I got it for Xmas but downloaded the Ebook because I am not lugging that fucker around.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think the paper back is out at some point this year with an additional chapter from book 6 included. Get a pdf off the internet in the mean time :p

I read the Dunk and Egg stories recently and they are quite good. They are set about 100 years or so before the main story so you get some good info on the Targaryans and stuff.
Oooo, where did you get them?

ileks

Part of the furniture
BTW he has put a Theon chapter from the next book (The Winds of Winter) up on his website if anyone is interested. Obviously major spoilers to anyone still reading any of the current books.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Bit of a meh episode, only two more to go, then another Summer of waiting for Winter.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
There may not have been a lot of action but there was some excellent dialogue and it pushed the plot forward nicely. Overall I feel season one was better but then I have man love for Sean Bean and Eddard was a great character. Only Tyrion comes close for me of the rest of the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom