Game of Thrones Season 2

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It's an abbreviation that I hoped would allow me to be lazy enough not to put spoliers.

Fail :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ah yeah. I see.

Book 3 / 4 spoilers!
I was gutted on reading it. It actually made me quite angry, not with the author but with the Freys, they need to get molested hard by someone. Fantastic and brave story telling, just started reading book 4 now, can't put the fucking thing down

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Ring Wraiths? Some kind of Marvel-style cross-story thing? That would be awesome! Hell, we've already had Sean Bean killed in both.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Ah yeah. I see.

Book 3 / 4 spoilers!
I was gutted on reading it. It actually made me quite angry, not with the author but with the Freys, they need to get molested hard by someone. Fantastic and brave story telling, just started reading book 4 now, can't put the fucking thing down
I was shocked by it too but you're right it is very brave story telling and I love the way he writes it. We follow Catlyn's conciousness right up until...it ends. Book 4 has been good. I didn't hear until afterwords that Martin had actually written 4 and 5 all at once but then decided to split them by geography.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I was shocked by it too but you're right it is very brave story telling and I love the way he writes it. We follow Catlyn's conciousness right up until...it ends. Book 4 has been good. I didn't hear until afterwords that Martin had actually written 4 and 5 all at once but then decided to split them by geography.
Agree, I was shocked and disgusted when I read it, one of the more savage turn of events to any plotline ive read. Just wanted to stop reading, but ofcourse, couldnt. Brilliantly done.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
That was easily the best episode of season two so far, absolutely riveting from beginning to end. Do wish I'd not read some of those spoilers though, silly me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just read the books turamber, the show is still amazing once you know what will happen.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Err does he? I always got the impression that Jamie was in it for himself, after becoming disillusioned with Cersei and his family. I wouldn't say he switched sides per se.

Jamie starts to grow his soul back imo. it's super clear in the books. He's in it for himself up to when that starts to happen.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
More perfect casting. Get that casting director an award!

More changes to the story...which I can live with...just about.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aye, thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Arya (sp?) just fucking rocks. Superb young actress.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
God I hate it when the end credits roll up!!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
With the amount of content in the book they could easily make it a 22 parter, I really wish they hadn't tried to cram it into 10 episodes. I can understand the costs involved ofc but I hope that future seasons are longer.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Yeah they do spend a silly amount, but I'm sure no small part of that us set design. With so much money put into that I would try to get as much content as possible out of it but I guess that's just me.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
We all went "That went quick!" when the credits came up, so I guess it was a good ep. :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Just watched the latest episode last night. So far any changes from the book have been small things to establish character that I was fine with but this whole Dragons getting stolen thing is a completely new plotline! I know it was probably done for a reason but it sets a dangerous precedent where they show runners can change something any time they feel like the great unwashed need more "drama".

Rant aside it was a great episode!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just watched the latest episode last night. So far any changes from the book have been small things to establish character that I was fine with but this whole Dragons getting stolen thing is a completely new plotline! I know it was probably done for a reason but it sets a dangerous precedent where they show runners can change something any time they feel like the great unwashed need more "drama".

Rant aside it was a great episode!

The ACOK storyline is generally pretty dull though, it's just trying to inject some drama there.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Oooh enjoyed that. Following the official page on Facebook there is lots of whining about the departures from the books but taken on its own merits the story is gripping. I wish they'd stop making me feel sorry for the Lannisters though, was much more comfortable when I wanted them all to die in a fire.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Oooh enjoyed that. Following the official page on Facebook there is lots of whining about the departures from the books but taken on its own merits the story is gripping. I wish they'd stop making me feel sorry for the Lannisters though, was much more comfortable when I wanted them all to die in a fire.
To be honest so far the series has made the Lannisters (bar Joeffry) a lot more relatable that I remember the books doing. Cerssi in particular is never anything but a thundering cunt in the books. In the series however there is a lot more of a "I'm doing it for my kids" vibe.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can't say I'm liking the Qarth storyline at the moment; whereas everywhere else the script is all about paring stuff down, the Denearys storyline seems even more convoluted than the books.

Oh and,
Please don't let it be Catelyn who chops off Jaime's hand. That would be stupid.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It better fucking not be. It's one thing to condense small character actions of a few into one character...but that would be too far!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Half way thru ep 6. Cracking episode so far. Loved the desert city sets. Must have spent a small fortune on them. Episode 7 taking a g e s to d/l

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom