Game of Thrones Season 2

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm going to give GoT another go, I never got into it the first time round. I've never read the books, I'm not a fantasy fan by any stretch of the imagination but a couple of reviews have told me to ignore all that and just enjoy it.

Review snippets like:
As far as I'm concerned, this is, hands down, the finest encode HBO has given us and, considering the studio's sterling reputation, that's saying something. Game of Thrones already looked good when it was broadcast in HD, but the Blu-ray edition takes the murder, betrayal and plotting to a whole new level. This is the must-have release of 2012 and it's only February. Expect to find this one sitting atop my Top Ten list this December.
and (bit long, this one)
And by some strange bit of dark magic, every one of the first season's ten episodes goes in for the kill. Unlike most shows that build toward a single season finale, Game of Thrones builds toward whichever end credits are closest. Almost every episode feels like another series' season finale; the game changes that abruptly, the gut punches hit that forcibly, and the story-shattering shocks come that surprisingly. Death lingers around every corner, and it doesn't discriminate. Betrayals lurk within every hall, fortress and shadow, and they don't always come from the party or parties that are most likely to deliver them. Mud, blood and defiance spills on hallowed ground and battlefields alike, and no one is safe from the fallout or consequences. Thrones is as much a game of dominoes as chess, as much a tumultuous political drama as it is an elaborate ensemble piece, as much an expertly crafted saga with exceedingly fine-tuned performances (even from the youngest actors, if you can believe it) as it is an extraordinary production teeming with gorgeous cinematography, stirring music, fantastic costuming, and arresting sets, locations and visual effects. It's a complete package and, for fantasy enthusiasts, a source of legitimacy that proves the once bastard genre (often overlooked or under-produced by television networks) has as much value as any other. And, since I'm already wading dangerously deep in potentially hyperbolic waters, I'll take that one step further: Game of Thrones has far more in common with a lavishly designed, fully realized ten-hour film than a ten-episode fantasy TV series. It breaks the rules, it doesn't play nice, it doesn't give you what you want or expect, only what you'll admit you should have wanted and should have expected. More than one of the best new shows on television (and now Blu-ray), it's one of the best series I've had the pleasure of following. If Season Two is any less than... no. No. That's impossible. I don't even want to consider the possibility. If you have yet to explore every inch of Westeros, don't delay. Pore through the first season and prepare yourself for the next stage of the game, set to air in April
have me convinced, tbh.

I've downloaded Game.of.Thrones.S01.2011.Blu-Ray.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1 so I'm determined to pore through the first season and prepare myself for the next stage of the game.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I love the books, I was lukewarm about the TV series.. I don't feel like it really captured a lot of the characters or the drama or the "epic" feeling for me. Hope this one comes through a bit more.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was a tad disappointed by the lack of battle scenes, like you saw before and after, but not the actual battle scenes :(

Nate

FH is my second home
I thought the series was great. Haven't read the books.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Seen the series, never read the books. Found the series confusing enough, so have no idea how I'd be able to keep hold of all the characters etc. if I read all the books

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Loved the first season....very much eagerly awaiting the next.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't see the need for the 1 days UK delay on this.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just watched it, exciting times ahead. Started off much the same as the first ever episode, setting the groundwork for the season.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just watched it, exciting times ahead. Started off much the same as the first ever episode, setting the groundwork for the season.

have you not read the books yet? Do not make get the :twak: smiley out!

ileks

Part of the furniture
I find myself constantly moving the mouse when I watch this to see how long is left. Even though I know what happens I can't wait until next weeks episode :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just seen it, cant wait to see how things unfold despite having read the books :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
One day delay is no big deal as I won't have time to watch it if I d/l it before its on anyway. I'll Sky+ it, watch the match then watch it afterwards.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't see the need for the 1 days UK delay on this.

Well if they put it on at the same time it would on at 2-3 in the morning in the UK. If they put it on Sunday night in the UK it would have to be on at tea time in the US or would air in the US after the UK, seeing as its a US show, that will never happen.

A day isn't anything these days, far better than the months we used to have to wait.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
On the second book at the moment myself, though near the end. Cannot wait to see how they pull off some of the characters from the second book.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Episode 1 is wtf awesome as per usual with this series.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I really really don't want to download this illegally if I have to....but my only other choice is get a HBO sub or wait a year for it to come out. They really should put it on Itunes quicker :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Game of Crack.

Great opening episode.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Enjoyed the first series and am looking forward to the next, and yes they spent a lot on it and it all looks pretty and works well...but I gotta say, Spartacus pisses on GoT for pure addictive viewing pleasure

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom