Game of Thrones Season 2

Sar

Part of the furniture
One, why is that a spoiler and; two, how did you manage to find a pic of her that makes her look so decidedly average compared to her in-show character?

:)

Oddly, you can actually see her resemblance to her grandad, Charlie :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Boner spoiler;

First i watched this series for the dragons, now for that northfolk sexstarving redheaded looniebin. Hope they go indoors soon though, the furs must come off!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
DaGaffer said:
Ironically, I'm trying to read this with forum runner so i can't see the spoilers at all

Same here, can see spoilers on the main page if It's the last post, but can't click them in the thread. Forum runner/android.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What does forum runner do that using the browser not do?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What does forum runner do that using the browser not do?
Forum runner pops up, annoying you, telling you to buy it, whilst the browser doesn't.

Deebs r n00b :(

Jesus, that was the fastest rating ever.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Deebs said:
Works here on ForumRunner (on iphone). I see * SPOILER * and just press any where and it loads a new page with the spoiler displayed.

Same for me on iPhone

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've got to stop being such a media whore; all I could think when watching this episode was all the ways they saved money, "ah, they've switched the battle to night-time, that'll make it easier to swell the extras", "ah, they haven't cut Tyrion's nose off, just given him an interesting scar, that'll save on CGI later". The scar thing is fine, but the night battle annoys me a bit because there was a very good reason they rarely fought battles at night in medieval times, they were impossible to lead

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well yes DaGaffer, but then again I don't recall European medieval history being filled with magic black wraiths, intelligent wolves, dragons and green fire.

Fantastic episode though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
TV (and a bit of book 2) spoiler

Not seen it yet but sounds like they have skipped half the book if its the battle of Blackwater bay

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Well yes DaGaffer, but then again I don't recall European medieval history being filled with magic black wraiths, intelligent wolves, dragons and green fire

The green fire was patently Greek fire as used to devastating affect by the Byzantines. Many an Arab and Viking fleet went to their deaths consumed by a fire that burned hottest on water.

Gwadien

The green fire was patently Greek fire as used to devastating affect by the Byzantines. Many an Arab and Viking fleet went to their deaths consumed by a fire that burned hottest on water.
Reading that, looking at your avatar = I believe you.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Gwadien said:
Reading that, looking at your avatar = I believe you.

:) Nice job recognising medieval generals there good sir. Although Greek fire was not invented until quite a few years later. I'd say more but that would be a major thread derail.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Excellent episode. More and more from the book cut though, key characters and plot lines. Some of which are imo crucial to the story so I am still a bit disappointed.

For those that haven't read the books, do so.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Rather enjoyed this episode.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Turamber said:

"based on" but not actually. Book spoiler ahead:
wildfire in the books is only effective because dragons exist in the world again, its properties are magical not chemical

Tom

I am a FH squatter

And the dragons and magical black wraiths? Or the intelligent wolves? Or the people who come back from the dead?

It's fantasy, comparing it to reality is just daft. Enjoy the story.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Excellent episode. More and more from the book cut though, key characters and plot lines. Some of which are imo crucial to the story so I am still a bit disappointed.

For those that haven't read the books, do so.

Given how it detracts from a good story on TV I think I'll leave the books until after its all done :). I love this show, best thing on TV right now.

Gwadien

And the dragons and magical black wraiths? Or the intelligent wolves? Or the people who come back from the dead?

It's fantasy, comparing it to reality is just daft. Enjoy the story.
I think he's saying it's good how that the fire is a real thing, I think

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It isn't a real thing, not in that sense anyway. I don't think Greek fire was explosive just really nasty burning.

...not that it really matters in this context though!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
tyrion-pimp-650x866.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Doesn't look like Herbrand Street to me. Too residential. But could be from an angle I'm not used to seeing. Will check it out tomorrow.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Lamp said:
Doesn't look like Herbrand Street to me. Too residential. But could be from an angle I'm not used to seeing. Will check it out tomorrow.

I was assuming it was actually photoshopped anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom