Game of Thrones Season 2

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I liked the sopranos but I never loved it as much as the wire or the shield. Game of thrones is turning out to be pretty sweet. I wish I had read the books before but now I cba. I've got the wheel of time series on the go anyway and I'm not really up for starting reading another fantasy series at the same time.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Season 3 has been green-lit, another 10 episodes but will only cover half of book 3

Up to the red wedding perhaps?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
George RR Martin said he would finish the books series before the tv show caught up so I guess they need to slow down on the tv show ;)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So two seasons for book 3. Once the writers ignore all the filler and boring scenes from books 4 & 5 they may be able to get another two seasons from that if they're lucky :)

I don't think so George ....

ileks

Part of the furniture
I think people who haven't read the books will lose patience when they release season 4/5.

I reckon they will merge the two books into one (slightly longer?) TV series. Can you imagine a season without Tyrion/Jon/Dany ? It would result in the show getting axed imo.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
I think people who haven't read the books will lose patience when they release season 4/5.

I reckon they will merge the two books into one (slightly longer?) TV series. Can you imagine a season without Tyrion/Jon/Dany ? It would result in the show getting axed imo.

Please not Brianne of Tarth.

I've never known a drier, more boring character.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

spoilers for fucks sake.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That is more a Teaser than a Spoiler as he has not said what happens or if anything happens at all.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Regardless. It should be spoilered.

I am currently reading the books and I would rather the author told the story.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's not a spoiler it's just one book covers the south and one book covers the north so unless they merged them we'd have a whole season without some main characters.

Edited by Deebs: This contains information about what certain books concentrate on. Changed to use spoilers.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Now you have put real information there that is a spoiler.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Sorry guys, nothing about the story was revealed.

P.S. Quoting a spoiler while complaining about it is quite silly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because for all I knew he could have meant that they died in the 3rd/4th books.

Some cunt (can't remember who) revealed that Theon Greyjoy turns (more) arsehole and that Jamie Lanister switches sides later in the books

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm almost finished the fourth book so 1. has already happened and to be honest even if 2. hasn't fully happened yet it's been coming since midway through book three.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Chill out peeps, nothing has been spoiled so far. I'll tell you all one thing though... Winter is Coming :D

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Because for all I knew he could have meant that they died in the 3rd/4th books.

Some cunt (can't remember who) revealed that Theon Greyjoy turns (more) arsehole and that Jamie Lanister switches sides later in the books

Err does he? I always got the impression that Jamie was in it for himself, after becoming disillusioned with Cersei and his family. I wouldn't say he switched sides per se.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Book 3 comment.

Half way book 3. I hope Sansa gets offed soon. Tedious bitch.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Episode 3 certainly condensed stuff from the book down a bit !I was actually quite disappointed

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it seems more of a summary really. Still the best thing on TV at the moment. Some more extremely good casting!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Episode 3 certainly condensed stuff from the book down a bit !I was actually quite disappointed

Don't agree
They've cut down a lot of exposition that takes place on the road North because they have to get on with it. On the flip side I actually think the Tyrion's exposure of Pycelle is done better than in the book, and Theon's story is handled WAY better. Its amazing to me how many people only read Theon as a one-dimensional creep, whereas I've always felt quite sympathetic towards him, and I think the show deals with the choices he had to make more effectively than the books. Don't like Yara (Asha) though - in the books she's supposed to be pretty fit.

On the other hand, the whole Renly/Margery/Loras thing seems a bit odd to me because Margery's motives are supposed to be quite difficult to pin down in the later books and Renly and Loras are both going to be out of the picture soon anyway

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Too much gayness on EP3 for my taste (thought I was watching an Almodovar's film).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom