Game of Thrones Season 2

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ah great first intro, my gf has never read the books and tends to doze off when fantasy is even mentioned but she is as hooked as i am :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good scene-setting episode last night. Its interesting for me now that I've read the books (I hadn't when I watched Season 1). The "new" characters aren't really working for me yet; Liam Cunningham (Davos) and the guy playing Stannis seem like they should be playing each others' roles; Melisandre isn't beautiful enough (no criticism of her as an actress, but...), the guy playing Janos Slynt isn't oily enough and the guy playing whatsisface with the daughter/wives isn't creepy enough. And every time I see Dolorous Ed I expect him to turn to camera and say "I'm on probation".

ileks

Part of the furniture
Episode 2 is out on the internet. Just watched it. Now I have to wait 2 weeks. Fuck.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Good scene-setting episode last night. Its interesting for me now that I've read the books (I hadn't when I watched Season 1). The "new" characters aren't really working for me yet; Liam Cunningham (Davos) and the guy playing Stannis seem like they should be playing each others' roles; Melisandre isn't beautiful enough (no criticism of her as an actress, but...), the guy playing Janos Slynt isn't oily enough and the guy playing whatsisface with the daughter/wives isn't creepy enough. And every time I see Dolorous Ed I expect him to turn to camera and say "I'm on probation".

Steve Buscemi for the creepy guy would have been awesome and not a stereotypical performance at all! :D

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Isn't HBO a premium cable channel? They'd want to show their program first because of that surely.

Exactly. If Sky broadcast it Sunday night that would be before the HBO airing. Remember when Sky simul-cast the Lost finale? That was at something like 2am UK time.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ok nonstoryline or directly plot related stuff stuff below, but it might interfere with your viewing pleasure of the season overall so click at your own risk.

Ep 2 is available, it got leaked on those pesky interwebs

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ok nonstoryline or directly plot related stuff stuff below, but it might interfere with your viewing pleasure of the season overall so click at your own risk.

Ep 2 is available, it got leaked on those pesky interwebs

Urgh, now I have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode :( Ep 2 is so good.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fucks sake. 2 weeks.

Great stuff, though as it is so fresh in my mid (I am near the end of the 2nd book atm) they are missing so much out...though I suppose if they didn't it would end up being 100+ episodes!

ileks

Part of the furniture

I agree regarding Craster- he seemed far too normal. I think they've done a good job casting the others. Melisandre is very good looking imo. They could have made Stannis a bit more moody/icy (can't think of the right word!)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I imagined Craster as looking completely different, almost gobllinesque in appearance. And Stannis as far more broad and manly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, stannis I thought would be broad, they've got his attitude spot on however.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Davos was way off from what I imagined him as. Maybe I've just seen that actor in too many things but I can't buy him as Davos. Have they shown the mountain yet? Wonder who they will get to play him.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Yeah but I think I read somewhere they have a new actor playing him in Season 2. *edit* Yup.

Could resist watching episode 2 last night.
Well they got Balon Greyjoy spot on. Not sure about Asha though. Never keen on the whole Iron Islands subplot; they always seemed like Viking stereotypes but with all possible humour removed, but they've done a brilliant job on the set design; Pyke is almost exactly as I imagined it, inside and out.

russell

FH is my second home
I really want to see this -about to read the books. But I dont have the channel:cry:. Why do they tantalise us with the adverts when we cant see it -bastards!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You don't have to have Sky Atlantic to watch it :)

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
the guy playing whatsisface with the daughter/wives isn't creepy enough.

When i read the books, i always imagined he looked like this, minus the cat (cos he'd eaten it):
Filch-Norris.jpg

ileks

Part of the furniture
Does anyone know if the webrips will continue to come out a week early or was it a one off?

ie.e will episode three be on the internet on monday? Cheers

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
No. It was a promo for the HBO GO streaming service. They did something similar last season.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Ah ok. Got to wait another week then. Why did I have to watch it early?! :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Same here! However, just polishing off the second half of the book this weekend. Great stuff!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Meh watched episode 1. It just can't compare to Spartacus. Sorry, but Spartacus is seriously addictive. Crack. This is more your Nurofen

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Zarjazz said:
No. It was a promo for the HBO GO streaming service. They did something similar last season.

Last season it carried on all season didn't it?

opticle

Part of the furniture
It's a good series, but it's got nothing on the books.. everything just comes out much more plain and normal on the show compared to my imagination :) Things like Craster, the armour, Stannis, Renly - none of it quite matches up or is as cool as it could be - still a great show though.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think because I read the books, I can't get into the tv series. I just find several characters don't live up to how I visualised them when I read the book. Melisandre and Craster (sp?) for a start.

Also I don't know if I can stomach all the scenes with Sansa in lol. She's such a boring character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom