Galla raids

R

Ravenbourne

This was going to be on reign's sticky thread but i didnt want to make it get spammed with a discussion, In reply to Ilaya's post:

Some people are just loot horny, in truth i think it is fair that someone who is actually going to respec should be able to bid for their new weapon type but a lot of people will abuse this which is a shame. At the end of the day its down to trust, a few months back people could be trusted. I am sorry to go on about it but i think its because of the influx of power leveled people who really just dont give a crap about the delicate social system that exists on hib, they got 50 for free so they expect everything for free, whine that they dont get a drop from raids like this and just bid for anything. personally i dont mind walking away from a raid with nothing, if nothing i needed dropped, well not much you can do, if i lose in a lotto fair enough, hopefully someone who needed the item just as much won. I do think maybe their should be a black list of people who arent allowed on the raids, maybe fair maybe not but we cant have it get to the point where people dont want to go on these raids, which are good for the realm, because of incidents like this.

Shame the realm is becoming like this, really crap state of affairs at the moment, many reasons for this mostly caused by the minority

F

Fiedita

All i can say is that i fully agree with you on this subject Raven.....and screw lotto-ing for alts ffs!

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Fiedita
All i can say is that i fully agree with you on this subject Raven.....and screw lotto-ing for alts ffs!

lets all go with our melee chars since weapons drop more often then for example druid cloaks.

A

Arnor

yeah, if you wanna be raiding with only nightshades and heroes and chanters, be my guest. If not I suggest you allow ppl who bring their druid for the good of the raid is allowed to lotto for their hero or whatever

R

Ravenbourne

I agree, people with druid/wardens/bards/ments/voids should be able to lotto for tank/stealth/even chanter alts but it is important that they say before the raid has left necht and it is made clear to everyone.

X

xfear

There are peoples too, that lotto for items that they dont need, so they can trade those items for an amount of gold later

In the BW trading hibernia, there are 2 people that won their items on my/diriah raid, and now they are selling their items for 10+ plat, I was in that lotto, and in that lotto were RR6 people who really need that item, but they got bad luck, and the merchant one won the item

it really sux imo

R

Ravenbourne

Bring back the rule if you are intentianaly lottoing for an item to sell it on you are exluded from all future raids, yes i have sold a galla item (shield) becuase i respecced to LW, which i now regret btw :D as after patch i am thinking of going back to s/s.

X

xfear

Ravenbourne i was not speaking about u, im sorry if u get confused about this, i was speaking about that people, who lotto for an item, he win it, and 2 days later he is selling it without changing his specc etc

R

Ravenbourne

no no, i know you werent :) was just saying

V

VodkaFairy

I totally agree with Ravenbourne on this subject, but you also have to keep in mind it's a bit selfish. They are people too, they should have the right to lotto for an item. But when they lotto for items they cannot or will not use things get really frustrating.

Here's a few examples:

I was second in the lotto for the umiah hide, the ns that won it over me gave it away later to a rr2 ns that hardly plays in rvr.

I was second in the reactive damage add tincture lotto (the second tincture). A level 48 druid won. Just tell me, what use is a reactive dmg add proc to a druid. None what so ever. He sold it to me later, reselling it to someone that could actually use it well. (Hey at least it didn't get wasted..)

Yesterday I was second once again in a lotto, for the darkened vine piercer, the bm that won it is going to use it for his PvE template.

^ Those things really annoy me to bits, since none of those items will be used well in my eyes (except the tincture :eek: but not thanks to the druid that won) and are "wasted" when other peope could make far better use of all those items.

But then again, they participated in the raid, so they have a chance to lotto for something they can use. Which they rather do that go home empty handed. Even with very strict lotto rules I don't think this can be changed, because people are too selfish.

Personally when the chronicles are back up I wouldn't mind to see a couple of raids "for the realm" where the items will be lotto'd amongst the most active people in RvR (and no not just rvr guilds get items) but there is absolutely no way people will show up for this raid. Galla is too boring for that, and people are too selfish. In a way I don't blame them, it really SUCKS to spend xx hours in galla.

Whine :p I know, it's just annoying me to bits.

V

VodkaFairy

I use my bard in galla to help 7 other people in my group and many more people I rezz during the raid. I'm lotto'ing for my nightshade though, since I don't need anything for my bard at all.

I'm trying to make myself as usefull as possible, and in return I shouldn't be able to lotto for my main?

C

Ceap

lottoing for alts doesnt bother me, because u can only lotto for one char. if u say 'ill lotto for my alt / main but im bringing a support class' then u cant lotto for the support classes things (which means my druid got more chance for that funky weap :) ). Lotto for sale = banned imo, just not fair... but hey an offer of 10+plat would probs change my mind on that one too

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
I agree, people with druid/wardens/bards/ments/voids should be able to lotto for tank/stealth/even chanter alts but it is important that they say before the raid has left necht and it is made clear to everyone.

That hits the nail on the head for me.

People should bring alts/lotto for others if their choice benefits the raid. I always bring a voidy cause its more use than my alts, but I expect the luxury of lottoing for my Hero if I do so.

People should not bring lowbies when they have more benefical characters, or if you do you should accept the exp as your only reward.

M

Mardukk

Ban Imo from raids anyone who lotto for an item that laterz they sell ,thats siply fking lame , and I those raids we have to find how to avoid lotto hax , Im tired to see tha winner of a lotto always win with a /random +90 .... ¬¬

I

ilaya

yeah peeps get loot horny Ravenbourne.. but it should still be stopped after the raid leader is informed of this after first time..and not allowed to continue to another lotto..

The tit i mean was running around in galla with a LW.. then lottoed for blunt after hiding his LW in backpack and putting his medium shield on ffs..

When this item dropped i thought YEAH! coz i knew Saryon already had it, and there arent anymore blunt spec champs/heroes in know of.. or on raid.. could be wrong on hero count ofc.. but he STILL did it, why wasnt he banned after first time?..

i dont need a hammer to be uber btw, rather rely on experience.. and i still aint got enough of that... yet :D

R

Raine

This kinda stuff is one of many reasons im trying a new server :D
Keyword : TRYING

A

angrysquirrel

you have to agree with raven... but if you are not lottoing for what you use, state before hand

ie im a piercer ranger, i want to roll for a blade..

the person in question took the piss though, no lw , sword and shield on body so i have sympathy with the people who were screwed

although it is not the raid leaders fault - there is scope for abuse and people do abuse it !

R

Ravenbourne

I do know Reign has the best intentions, and as i said to someone a week or so ago that wouldnt leave me alone, the raids have nothing to do with PDC, Cinocy is no longer in PDC and good ridence and tbh i would exlude him from future raids after he won the blunt we asked him about it in /gu, he then ignored us and logged.

I Agree i doubt most people would switch LW - blunt and to be fair, the way i see the rules are, they would have to say they are doing this before the raid has started which would exclude them from lottoing for a LW.

As for the xaldrick having 2 LW's already thats b/s he has 2 lightwalkers, one having very low dur. He is respeccing next patch to LW so is bidding for LW's from now on.

Now it cant be easy to run a raid with 50+ people esspecially when you spend half your time telling people to stop doing things wrong.

C

censi

items are getting wasted left right and center on DAOC.

but I think this is nothing new from day 1 really.

if you want something in daoc you just got to keep activily seeking it. Eventually a chance will come for you to get it.

its frustrating as hell but you have to appreciate that sometimes u get lucky other times u dont.

For me trying to collect a full set of galla ranger RF the 2 parts I am missing were a) salvaged by unknown no lvl 50 mage and b) deleted on lvl < 15 ranger, but u just got to grim and bear it or give up. People ultimatly have the right to do what they want with items they own.

Id certainly be up for changing the rules though. Id like to see a RR threshold on the real juicy drops( but this would drive the brehon posse apeshit, and you would get enuogh peeps to kill the mobs)

C

censi

or maybe have a RR modifier to your roll.

/random 100 + (RR/2) (where RR 3/4 = 34 for example)

so random 100+17 for rr3/4 player
and random 100+32 for RR6/4 player

etc etc

means RR has reasonable modifer by nothing majorly drastic. just a well desearved edge.

compare a rr9 player to your average rr5 player

rr5 = +25
rr9 = +45

fairish imo/

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by censi

etc etc

means RR has reasonable modifer by nothing majorly drastic. just a well desearved edge.

rr5 = +25
rr9 = +45

fairish imo/

I like this :)

S

squalion

etc etc

rr5 = +25
rr9 = +45

fairish imo/

not a bad idea tbh :p

R

Ravenbourne

Disagree tbh, would just widen the gap even further and cause even more resentment

M

Mardukk

etc etc

rr5 = +25
rr9 = +45

fairish imo/

X

Ximadir

We had a much better system on mid/pryd so that every 1 could win an item and not the same people all the time getting luck with random /random.

Went on 50+ raids on mid/pryd so i know what im talking about.

First of all we had no different chat groups like here that sels the items so we could watch it more carefully that people not joined more chat groups when they lost.

We did it like this: The raid leader lotto's all items or a person he points @ You can lotto for all items that fits your main/alt that you gave up for the lotto when you win an item you cant enter lotto again.

Now comes to part that we had that worked much better when you dont won an item you get +10 on your random so when you enter 5 raids you can get +50 random and if your dream item drops you can go for it and win it. But when you win an item you modifer gets set to 0 again.

Im trying to make my own raids with these rules but ive only been on 6 galla raids so far so i dont know the dungeon so good yet.

Im gonna try organise a raid in the next 2/3 weeks with these rules hope reign and xfear use these rules to it works much better and people got more chance to win items and this will attrackt more people each raid so that they can raise there modifier.

Just a nice example from these rules i just entered the raids on mid to get sb heal torso so i went on 7 raids before and it did not drop there were swords and other stuf the other sbs got those items and lost there modifer but i had +70 when it dropped :)

Users who are viewing this thread