FOTM attitudes

S

Subedai-Samil

Originally posted by iantheace
Not to mention the fact that mercs have no stun style, and thier positionals are in chains.

Flank/Shadows reign is best combo by far from side and it has NO BONUS TO HIT.

The rear positional DW styles are useless and offer little facility. Often mercs will use the rear positonals offered by thier dmg line. (Back slash, peirce)

Last move as a merc is Dual shadows, front positional, often only usefull on 1st hit as they are legging it 99% of the time after it.

Mercs dont really have a positional style thats usable, unless they are slash spec, and well slash specs resist tables r nasty.

who is this person?

V

Vodor

Slash mercs only really use spammy slash so whats ye point? ^^

Poon

Y

ydraliskos

Talivar, wanna tell us what this is all about? It seems from here that you have something in mind, (or in the works already even) and you feel out people's opinions... We re curious :p Do tell!

O

old.Talivar

Miss u2 emergency you allways made my day in CE :) And when TOA comes im thinking of playing my VW and maybe making some non FOTM groups yea, mix and match Master levels and see what we can make :)

G

ghostfeet

Originally posted by Vodor
Slash mercs only really use spammy slash so whats ye point? ^^

Poon

agreed :p slash is far easier to play then thrust :p

me <----thrust ;)

L

Lessurl

I would say play whatever group set up you want. Who the hell cares what other people think of it? They aren't playing in it. Make a set-up you enjoy and go for it.

This is a game afterall, and the number one reason for a game is to have fun. Some people enjoy winning as often as possible, and so maximise their chances by only running in groups they see as perfect. Others just enjoy the actual playing of the game, win or lose. Neither has the right to slag the other for their chosen method of play/group set-up.
Why flame people for running as the "fotm" set ups? They are merely using the best that's available to them because they want to give themselves the best chance of winning. It's like flaming a football team for fielding its best players.
Conversley why flame/pick on players who run with whatever classes that people enjoy playing the most. If they enjoy it what's wrong with that? Just because they don't feel the need to win all the time is no reason for attacking them.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by iantheace
Not to mention the fact that mercs have no stun style, and thier positionals are in chains.

Flank/Shadows reign is best combo by far from side and it has NO BONUS TO HIT.

The rear positional DW styles are useless and offer little facility. Often mercs will use the rear positonals offered by thier dmg line. (Back slash, peirce)

Last move as a merc is Dual shadows, front positional, often only usefull on 1st hit as they are legging it 99% of the time after it.

Mercs dont really have a positional style thats usable, unless they are slash spec, and well slash specs resist tables r nasty.

i really hope u dont play a merc, if u dont i understand, but if u are, ur just ignorent.

first of all, mercs dont really suffer from the "no bonus to hit" due to high weaponskill. its a great combo, the savage/blademaster sidepositional styles are better then merc one, but that dont make flank/shadows rain bad, still great styles.

the rear DW style is not useless, why mercs mostly chose to use thrust/slash one is cause the dmg is about the same, (cept slash backpos wich is great). that makes both thrust/slash backpos styles good. that dont make the dw ones bad.

Dual shadows is a great style, works more or less like an alltime style, ur either abit behind or to the side of target, and since u use backup styles u dont really need to worry about missing/failing style now do u?

merc is a weaker class then savage (well duh), blademaster and pretty equal with the zerker (maybe abit weaker cause of special ability), but thats not cause of styles, its cause of other factors in the game. factors that i cba to write now...

S

silverblast

Originally posted by old.Talivar
Ok a simple question, a new hib guild starts and makes non fotm groups with champs/vw ect and eventually after building some RP's even kill NP and all other good guilds, are they good or do they still sook for having whats classed as a gimp group setup?:)
An UBER group Setup, no det, but still great :
1- Valewalker (Firby with max points into str at start xD)
2- Valewalker (same as above)
3- Valewalker (same as above)
4- S/S Champ (better get llix, the perfect gimp for this group)
5- Druid (41 regrowth, rest nurture :D)
6- Druid (40 Regrowth, rest nature >>)
7- Bard
8- Warden (For resists and pbt, Preferably have some healing spec)

VW specs :
50 Scythe (Damage Baby!!)
38 Arborial (Second best of all [Ablative proc, Disease proc, Haste Shout, Snare, Dot], and best Abs Buff)
20 Parry (Har)

AoM4 =
Warden Resists :
24+12+26=62 Body/Spirit/Energy Resists to make up for det and to survive vs Cast0r's easily.
Druid Resists :
Cold + Heat : 16 + 12 + 26 = 54%
Matter : 8 + 12 + 26= 46%

IMO, this is a very solid group, great damage potential.

Thats my helpful post for today >.> .. *Rolls a vw*

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Talivar
but if it was proven and they did win u agree they cant be called sooky even tho they not the so called perfect group?:)

i think the keyword in that sentance is if :m00:

fotm grps are fotm grps because they are proven to work and work most reliably. ie they are very hard to beat and fairly easy/fun to play.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by ghostfeet
agreed :p slash is far easier to play then thrust :p

me <----thrust ;)

says who?

only diff between slash and thrust is that slash got a better anytime style. thrust has armor table on its side. just cause they have amy slash dont mean thats all they use. it comes down to the player, not the class or specc.

V

Vrollo

and Mercs do have a stun style "Hypnotic Darkness" it's a follow up for "Reflection" which is used after parry, but not sure if you can get this style off many times so no stun style which is side positional.

A

Arnor

omfg i actaully agree with glottis... shit, i better go have a head check

and your a retard if you think that your merc needs more skill.

hypothetical thingy here: mercs get major love, savages gets castrated, does the savage players now become skilled, while the mercs now are all noobs?

G

ghostfeet

Originally posted by Jergiot
says who?

only diff between slash and thrust is that slash got a better anytime style. thrust has armor table on its side. just cause they have amy slash dont mean thats all they use. it comes down to the player, not the class or specc.

diff is slash got a good anytime, which they often use, as thrust only got crap ones , atleast I, never use em. in here is the harder part, as i only use positional which is far more difficult then spamming anytime as most n00b slash mercs do. OFC NOT EVER1 but many n00b 1s do.

V

Vrollo

depends on situation, what if you are solo how the hell do you want to use all the positional styles in that case you need anytime styles. (counting on the enemy to use face/stick)

G

ghostfeet

Originally posted by Vrollo
depends on situation, what if you are solo how the hell do you want to use all the positional styles in that case you need anytime styles. (counting on the enemy to use face/stick)
ds is fron positional ;p so yes soloing i use positional styles to.. + back up styles

A

Arnor

ds is fron positional ;p so yes soloing i use positional styles to.. + back up styles

and soloing i use taunt, parry chain, evade chain and backchain, while in rvr i use anytime and backchain, your point?

G

ghostfeet

Originally posted by Arnor
and soloing i use taunt, parry chain, evade chain and backchain, while in rvr i use anytime and backchain, your point?

no point to u ;D.

i was simply answering vrollos question

V

Vrollo

to Ghostfeet,
Lol I forgot about the front positional style :)

It's coz my merc aint 50 yet and had a spec in mind which wasn't 50 dw but a bit lower to raise my parry more.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Jergiot
i really hope u dont play a merc, if u dont i understand, but if u are, ur just ignorent.

first of all, mercs dont really suffer from the "no bonus to hit" due to high weaponskill. its a great combo, the savage/blademaster sidepositional styles are better then merc one, but that dont make flank/shadows rain bad, still great styles.

the rear DW style is not useless, why mercs mostly chose to use thrust/slash one is cause the dmg is about the same, (cept slash backpos wich is great). that makes both thrust/slash backpos styles good. that dont make the dw ones bad.

Dual shadows is a great style, works more or less like an alltime style, ur either abit behind or to the side of target, and since u use backup styles u dont really need to worry about missing/failing style now do u?

merc is a weaker class then savage (well duh), blademaster and pretty equal with the zerker (maybe abit weaker cause of special ability), but thats not cause of styles, its cause of other factors in the game. factors that i cba to write now...

Yeah!

DT -> ultimate solo tool, barelly usefull in rvr
DW rear combo -> ShadowsEdge has slightly better damage than pierce i.e but requires 2 slots on your QB
Flank/ShadowsRain -> verrry nice damage tho i would like a little hinder or stun effect on it :(

B

belth

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
at least a savage has to buff

1) Get a Nostromo
2) Spam them on every target, not like anyone notices the miniscule hp-loss atm...

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Arnor
and your a retard if you think that your merc needs more skill.

hypothetical thingy here: mercs get major love, savages gets castrated, does the savage players now become skilled, while the mercs now are all noobs?

YES OF COURSE!!!!

sometimes people ask silly questions... :rolleyes:

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Yeah!

DT -> ultimate solo tool, barelly usefull in rvr
DW rear combo -> ShadowsEdge has slightly better damage than pierce i.e but requires 2 slots on your QB
Flank/ShadowsRain -> verrry nice damage tho i would like a little hinder or stun effect on it :(

Heh.

The most thing you want on flank is a to hit bonus for a damn side style and not having one is kind of silly.

But if you want a stun just go crush in 1.65 and have decent damage still(also 4.4 warmace off apoca ;) ) , but other than that the dw combo may have slightly higher average damage than pierce but if you got 2 spaces on your quickbar should use either eclipse or penumbra and see how you like it.I find eclipse doing pretty good sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread