FoTM here, FoTM there!

D

Denisée

Through the last time I've discovered very little new from reading and listening to Albs and Hibs thoughts about Mid classes.

So the question is very simple.

What class should a Mid actually make not to be called a FoTM-lover?
(Thane is excluded)

R

Rollie

stormcalling thane, if you play any other mid class your FoTM, regardless of when you rolled it.

D

Denisée

Originally posted by belth
Runie? SM? Warrior?

SM got FoTM intercept pet.
Warrior get free FoTM 2h.

(words taken from random albs/hibs)

B

belth

Originally posted by Denisée
SM got FoTM intercept pet.
Warrior get free FoTM 2h.

(words taken from random albs/hibs)

Neither are used in FoTM groups tho... Nothing new in the 2h either :p

P

Pin

Do you not see the irony in what you wrote?

The whole idea of FotM is that lots of people make it.

If all Mid (or any realm) makes a class, that is automatically FotM by definition.

In order to not be FotM, you (as a population) must make a VARIETY of classes and specs.

:rolleyes:

R

Rollie

ok so a healer, skald, savage, shammie are all FoTM and to avoid being called FoTM mids should refrain from rolling either of these classes?

D

Denisée

Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by Pin

If all Mid (or any realm) makes a class, that is automatically FotM by definition.

In order to not be FotM, you (as a population) must make a VARIETY of classes and specs.

Now tell me how many Warriors don't got 50 shield, how many Infiltrators don't got 50 thrust, how many main healer classes don't got spread, how many Clerics that don't got BoF, the list goes on and on and on and on.

And, btw start crafting in Beno ;)

O

old.Lethul

err warrior+2savage >> 3 savage

R

Rg.Roller

Originally posted by Pin

To most Fotm only applys to certain classes, already ive had comment towards my so called fotm quad hitting savage when im hammer spec'd in a none fotm way. My healer is still considered fotm even though im a 48 pac healer which is very rare these days most are mend orintated.

I like to research into a game alittle before i play it, when daoc first came out i saw that it was the only realm that had a deadicated CC class. I knew from that that the healer class would be one of the strongest, yet people still bitch about it after all this time. Ignorance is bliss i guess, guess the thought of plate was better for most? its shiny after all

Making the most powerful spec mixture and class from the tools that mythic give u isnt fotm, just having some sence of the class's potential. Escaping the label of being fotm wont come from a variety of spec's, as most people in daoc see in 2D.

A

Aoami

Dwarf Hunter - All points in Empathy - Spec 50 Sword, 50 Stealth, Rest Spear.

K

K0nah

i still wanna see u guys field a 6healer(all with pr) 2shammy(both with ichor) grp, all with 2h hammers ofc. i know it can do well. why use gimp classes?

B

belth

Re: Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by Rg.Roller
To most Fotm only applys to certain classes, already ive had comment towards my so called fotm quad hitting savage when im hammer spec'd in a none fotm way.

I could say... Provoke4tehwin?

PS. Lethul, people ain't rolling warriors specifically for FoTM-groups... Guess why? They ain't needed for the group to work against most opponents, no matter how well they can guard.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by Pin

then all albs are Fotm?

K

klonk

Re: Re: Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

PS. Lethul, people ain't rolling warriors specifically for FoTM-groups... Guess why? They ain't needed for the group to work against most opponents, no matter how well they can guard.

Hm, guess what? Warriors are often needed in mid grps (call them fotm or whatever makes your day :) ) because of their Slam+guard MA offensive role too. Savage doesn't have PF, and if you are going to take a zerk in grp (which our guild does a lot) you might as well take a Slamming warrior who will do the same "CC" as zerk with PF but in addition will guard MA and die slower due to chain armour. Imo.

Edit: slightly off-top, sorry Denisee

A

Appollo

Through the last time I've discovered very little new from reading and listening to Albs and Hibs thoughts about Mid classes.

(Thane is excluded)

we love u! :wub:

B

belth

Would be better for the whole of Midgard if there was more demand for warriors and zerkers, but savages somehow are able to take their places....

L

Lokase

hush belth you don't know what you are talking about

G

Gordonax

Who cares if something is FoTM? Roll what you think you'll enjoy playing.

OK, ok, so I'll answer the question. I think the only really FoTM in Midgard at the moment is the savage. Healers, shammies, and the rest have been around - and popular - for a while, so they're hardly FoTM.

If you want to roll something different, take your pick - just roll something that sounds like fun.

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by Gordonax
Who cares if something is FoTM? Roll what you think you'll enjoy playing.

OK, ok, so I'll answer the question. I think the only really FoTM in Midgard at the moment is the savage. Healers, shammies, and the rest have been around - and popular - for a while, so they're hardly FoTM.

If you want to roll something different, take your pick - just roll something that sounds like fun.
Sure, if you like to /yell lfg! whole day whit your RM in mtk instead.

D

Dorin

Originally posted by Gordonax

just roll something that sounds like fun.

Random mid: Yes sirie!! /quit /delete /makes savage
Random mid: Done, now woot?

Users who are viewing this thread