FOTM attitudes

O

old.Talivar

Ok a simple question, a new hib guild starts and makes non fotm groups with champs/vw ect and eventually after building some RP's even kill NP and all other good guilds, are they good or do they still sook for having whats classed as a gimp group setup?:)

S

Silenzio

how many FG that guild use to kill one fg?

G

Gilead^

if it works go with it,but it would have to be proven 1st

D

duact

talivar what works on us might not work here or on korea servers
and our setups might not work in the zergwars on some german servers etc

O

old.Talivar

but if it was proven and they did win u agree they cant be called sooky even tho they not the so called perfect group?:)

G

Gordonax

To be honest, if it works why the hell care that other people say it sucks?

O

old.Talivar

cus i just cant beleive that no mater if they beat every other FG on excal a lot of ppl would still say they gimped or sook just because they dont take the ebst on paper group setup :(

A

alithiel50

Hypothetically, it would make them a good group... and I say "hypothetically" because, lets face it, it's not going to happen.

To be honest I think it's quite sad that a group of skilled players using classes that they like doesn't stand much of a chance against button-mashing FotM playing n00bs... :(

K

killrake

Originally posted by Gordonax
To be honest, if it works why the hell care that other people say it sucks?

Good words

V

Vodor

Originally posted by alithiel50

To be honest I think it's quite sad that a group of skilled players using classes that they like doesn't stand much of a chance against button-mashing FotM playing n00bs... :(

And what would you call your spammy slash assist team? :eek:

Poon

E

Event

Originally posted by killrake
Killrake Lvl 50 Healer Pac
Slinkie Lvl 50 Shadowblade ZZ
Barudi Lvl 50 Spiritmaster Supp
Toxicate Lvl 50 Shaman Aug
Deleterina Lvl 50 Runemaster RC
Selector Lvl 50 Warrior
Cavie Lvl 50 Shaman Cave
Pilare Lvl 50 Hunter
Old Lvl 47 Berserker
Ballistor Lvl 47 Thane
Killrock Lvl 45 Savage 2 hand
Saline Lvl 45 Bonedancer Dark
Falgara Lvl 45 Spiritmaster Summ
Troxita Lvl 43 Skald
Beryll Lvl 41 Savage h2h
Bluenose Lvl 41 Warrior
Lexor Lvl 39 Runemaster (dark)
Killine Lvl 35 Healer Mend
Baneskeleton Lvl 31 Bonedancer Supp
Zaruu Lvl 24 Shadowblade Crit
Dixy Lvl 24 Bonedancer BA
Deleter Lvl 24 Shammy
Iprenmannen Lvl 24 Hunter
Middi Lvl 24 Thane

mate o_O dunno whether to grats u or not but seeing as Im a good guy = Grats :D

F

fl3a

well, if they own people with it its not a sucky setup and therefore it would be the next fotm setup.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by alithiel50

amen

and imo they would be a better group of players, since they dont have det5 anytime mashing tanks (for instance)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Vodor
And what would you call your spammy slash assist team? :eek:

Poon

maybe they play that assist-team because if they played the chars they really _like_ playing get wtfpwned by assisting savages/bms/chanters/elds?

V

Vodor

Originally posted by Arnor
maybe they play that assist-team because if they played the chars they really _like_ playing get wtfpwned by assisting savages/bms/chanters/elds?

I just find someone saying someone elses setup is fotm funny when they run a fotm Alb spammyslash merc grp

Poon

A

Arnor

I just find someone saying someone elses setup is fotm funny when they run a fotm Alb spammyslash merc grp

Poon

dont think they said they werent fotm, and besides thrust-mercs are so much more fotm :p

V

Vodor

Originally posted by Arnor
dont think they said they werent fotm, and besides thrust-mercs are so much more fotm :p

Aye but spammy slash mercs are so much more easy to play so therefore FOTM :eek:

Poon

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Aye but spammy slash mercs are so much more easy to play so therefore FOTM :eek:

Poon

Merc is still 100% harder to play than a savage, as the damage is about half that of a savage...
Fotm they would become if everybody realised how uber those classes are, and started rolling them to also be just as uber.
Regards, Glottis

G

ghostfeet

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Merc is still 100% harder to play than a savage, as the damage is about half that of a savage...
Fotm they would become if everybody realised how uber those classes are, and started rolling them to also be just as uber.
Regards, Glottis

omfg i actaully agree with glottis... shit, i better go have a head check

V

Vodor

Regards, Glottis

Less damage certainly but still less positionals are used and therefore more easy to play ^^

Poon

G

ghostfeet

Less damage certainly but still less positionals are used and therefore more easy to play ^^

Poon

haha less positinal??

lol wtf u talking bout i only got positionals on my qb......

I

iantheace

Not to mention the fact that mercs have no stun style, and thier positionals are in chains.

Flank/Shadows reign is best combo by far from side and it has NO BONUS TO HIT.

The rear positional DW styles are useless and offer little facility. Often mercs will use the rear positonals offered by thier dmg line. (Back slash, peirce)

Last move as a merc is Dual shadows, front positional, often only usefull on 1st hit as they are legging it 99% of the time after it.

Mercs dont really have a positional style thats usable, unless they are slash spec, and well slash specs resist tables r nasty.

J

Jergiot

Regards, Glottis

hehe glottis -_-
actually merc aint harder to play then a savage :> its the same more or less. the dmg thingy ur right about tho.

and respons to talis post, well if any realm can make it work is hib cause of grp purge.

J

justintime

Tali I think it could work, however the group will be somewhat dependant on grp and individual purge. That aside it sounds much more fun than the usual fotm :)

Imo for fun factor champ & vw >> hero.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Talivar
Ok a simple question, a new hib guild starts and makes non fotm groups with champs/vw ect and eventually after building some RP's even kill NP and all other good guilds, are they good or do they still sook for having whats classed as a gimp group setup?:)
you'd all be my heros and I'd name my kids after you! :p

E

emer Roma

Talivar , I never trusted in these so called perfect groups .
Why should I group with a savage if he's an idiot ?I prefer a Thane if I know he is a good and experienced player cos I'm sure that PPS are important , not the template of the group.

I'm having some good laughs looking at pps sitting outside Svas 1 HOUR waiting for savages , shammy, 2 healers >(1 mend, 1 pac !!) asking for all red buffs , red PoM , with 3 BBs and whatever and usually I see their death spam in 15-20 mints.
Cos they are a perfect group but not a good group.

You have a good group when you get good players , always playing togheter and trusting each other.
And if you got this group , you can easly wipe out all those lame "perfect groups" running around like headless chickens.

Hmmm... too bad we are in different realms ;)

Ciao Talivar , miss you

_________________________________-

Emergency Roma Healer 6L4
<Cutting Edge>

S

saltymcpepper

Regards, Glottis
theres no difference in the skill of the person playing, just cos the dmg is less, and a mercs offence is far more than half of a savages tbh
just cos you do less dmg, doesnt mean u aint fotm
at least a savage has to buff

Users who are viewing this thread