FoTM here, FoTM there!

D

Driwen

Originally posted by jaapi
I do... what the hell is FoTM?

flavour of the month ;). Its the classes that atm gets rolled ALOT or is played alot in RvR. This isnt a complete foulproof definition, but its a reasonable one.

A

alithiel50

Re: Re: Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by belth
PS. Lethul, people ain't rolling warriors specifically for FoTM-groups...
I rolled a Warrior specifically for a FotM group on Prydwen... Level 38 atm, and a lot of fun! ;)

D

Denisée

Originally posted by Gordonax
Who cares if something is FoTM? Roll what you think you'll enjoy playing.

OK, ok, so I'll answer the question. I think the only really FoTM in Midgard at the moment is the savage. Healers, shammies, and the rest have been around - and popular - for a while, so they're hardly FoTM.

If you want to roll something different, take your pick - just roll something that sounds like fun.

I've never thought of rolling something new and most likely will not do so ever again. Only rolling I'm gonna do from now on is Roleplaying ;)

Only wanted to hear more opinions :D

Cliff Beetle, "Once again I've proven to you that we will never be defeated."
Dieing Dorf, "Without your alliance you're notthing. Try come forward and challange us alone."
Laughing Cliff Beetle, "These lands belong to us now. Just forget about ever comming back, hahaha..."
Dieing Dorf, "The day will come, the day will co..."

H

horil

Glottis intended word FoTM for daoc, since he died to solo sb.
Regards, Horil

S

sheepgobaa

Originally posted by Denisée
Through the last time I've discovered very little new from reading and listening to Albs and Hibs thoughts about Mid classes.

So the question is very simple.

What class should a Mid actually make not to be called a FoTM-lover?
(Thane is excluded)

Not so much FOTM classes, more of a FOTM realm.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
Sure, if you like to /yell lfg! whole day whit your RM in mtk instead.

Oh true. I forgot that Middies are so obsessed with "perfect" groups that they are blind to the charms of anything except a savage/shammy/healer/skald.

Midgard's loss, of course.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by old.anubis
you mean savage? :rolleyes:

If you want to roll a one-dimensional class that's pretty much useless outside 1fg vs 1fg combat, sure :D Would bore me senseless, but there you go.

O

old.anubis

If you want to roll a one-dimensional class that's pretty much useless outside 1fg vs 1fg combat, sure :D Would bore me senseless, but there you go.

hm, savage has all this magic stuff you know, not just hack & slash
that's why from the beginning there were like 100 times more thanes in midgard than warriors (mjollnir4tehwin)

why do you think it's one dimentional? savage has more things to do than bers, merc & bm have combined together

K

klonk

Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by sheepgobaa
Not so much FOTM classes, more of a FOTM realm.

:clap:

Haha, Fotm meaning a lot of people do it. And you are saying that if any realm is fotm, it is Midgard, heh? Hmm... let's check realm population:

Characters in Albion: 31,357 (41%)
Characters in Midgard: 24,641 (32%)
Characters in Hibernia: 20,027 (26%)

(source: duskwave.com today)

Are you sure Mid is the fotm realm?

I

Ironfoot

Who cares if something is FoTM? Roll what you think you'll enjoy playing.

OK, ok, so I'll answer the question. I think the only really FoTM in Midgard at the moment is the savage. Healers, shammies, and the rest have been around - and popular - for a while, so they're hardly FoTM.

ROFLLMAO

please explain how both healing classes are FOTM if they have been played in fairly consistent numbers since day 1 launch of this game ?

Savages i'll let you have

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ironfoot
ROFLLMAO

please explain how both healing classes are FOTM if they have been played in fairly consistent numbers since day 1 launch of this game ?

Savages i'll let you have

ROFLLMAO

please explain how you are unable to read and understand a simple sentence ?

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by old.anubis
why do you think it's one dimentional? savage has more things to do than bers, merc & bm have combined together

I take your point. I wouldn't want to play one of any of the other classes you name either, though :)

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Pin
ROFLLMAO

please explain how you are unable to read and understand a simple sentence ?

I think he got confused by the full stop :)

I

Ironfoot

I think he got confused by the full stop :)

Aye :D missed that , think its time for an eye test :)

K

knackor(MID)

tbh,warrior has to be the most Fotm class in midgard,there is usually about 30 more warriors then there are savages,they are in their 70's at primetime while savages are about 40-50

;P

H

horil

Originally posted by knackor(MID)
tbh,warrior has to be the most Fotm class in midgard,there is usually about 30 more warriors then there are savages,they are in their 70's at primetime while savages are about 40-50

;P

Doesn't make much difference,there's not many bonedancers on, atleast level 50 and yet they're always called as fotm, got no problem with it tho :flame:

M

mastade

Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by Pin
Do you not see the irony in what you wrote?

The whole idea of FotM is that lots of people make it.

If all Mid (or any realm) makes a class, that is automatically FotM by definition.

In order to not be FotM, you (as a population) must make a VARIETY of classes and specs.

:rolleyes:

pwned by Pin as usual :O

K

kin

Tonight 800 albs on.

Tonight more than 100 lv 50 alb stealthers in rvr.

Guess fg rvr in albion is not that hot, and it is to 'blame'
on class inbalances and players attitude. Its not albs who ruin the rvr, its the savage & pbaoe groups who does it. Its all those optimized hibs and mids groups who cannot have a few odd chars in who ruins rvr. That is what create the 'lets zerg em' or 'let me make an infil and own' albs, because if albs had a reasonabel succes in rvr with a mix of classes they would not all make df infils.

S

samildanachh

Re: Re: Re: FoTM here, FoTM there!

Originally posted by klonk
:clap:

Haha, Fotm meaning a lot of people do it. And you are saying that if any realm is fotm, it is Midgard, heh? Hmm... let's check realm population:

Characters in Albion: 31,357 (41%)
Characters in Midgard: 24,641 (32%)
Characters in Hibernia: 20,027 (26%)

(source: duskwave.com today)

Are you sure Mid is the fotm realm?

idiot :rolleyes:

get some brains pls.

those stats alone mean nothing, fotm=flavour of the MONTH, MONTH!! ok!

comapre those figures to the % of lvl50's in game and also compare it too the amount of new people rerolling to Mid and from that u may well see that Mid is the FOTM realm. pls dont shine some useless figures to try and say that mid isnt fotm realm. those figures belieive it or not account for chars made like 2 years ago, check the progressive realm population distributiion and ull prollu find that mid is getting a larger sharre of the percentiles as the months were on, and to a even larger extent ull see that the % of new chars entering game is increasing alot more on mid than other realms.

S

sheepgobaa

Mid is fotm - got a lot of /levels from pryd Albs and Hibs - they fancied easy mode for a change.

L

lorric

Originally posted by sheepgobaa
Mid is fotm - got a lot of /levels from pryd Albs and Hibs - they fancied easy mode for a change.

you havent even made an effort to change the way you post dontouchmypoopy.

Z

zharr

There are not many albs that like RvRing in a zerg.

Just the fact that alb CC-sorc / rejuv cleric are not often made because :
- rejuv cleric is way too boring compared to a healer, hardly any cc that is useful and :
- sorcs are low on numbers because they get sick of dieing every battle in 1 sec

Take away CC and healing (a decent alb group needs 2 clerics and a sorc i think) automaticly leads to zerging becuase it is the only way to survive vs mids/hibs

And i know that high RR sorcs/clerics from experienced alb guilds are doign lots better and guildgroups work a lot better.
but for a low rr alb group it is not fun to fight rr5-10 hibs/mids 24/7.

Many albs are rolling stealthers / change realm
check the moneytransfers in trading section, allmost all trades are from alb to hib/pry
hardly mids/hibs that want to go alb

Users who are viewing this thread