News For camera nerds only

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Oh yeah thanks guys wait until I've bought an alternative 10-stopper before solving stock issues. Cunts.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've gotten lazy with my grad filters, I don't use them unless I need to slow the shutter speed down for something (water blur etc) as I get much more natural looking results by blending two images together or since I got the NEX-7 I expose for the brightest area (usually the sky) and then push the shadows in post since it's effectively noiseless.

Here's an example. I exposed for the sky, captured all the detail and pushed the bottom end by about four stops. The end results is very much as my eye saw it.

_DSC0514.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah I've always wondered why people obsessed over grad filters when there's so many effective ways to exposure blend.

old.user4556

Probably a combination of needing the software to blend, a lack of skills on how to do it and that users of film would probably still need to do it unless they scanned their negatives. Sometimes a blend brings it's own problems when you have things in movement that cross the centre point of the blend. In my image above, it would be blatant where you would blend two images with a clean piece of sky. If you've got trees, bushes, waves, water etc. in the way then it's more of a faff.

milou

Part of the furniture
I still use grads on occasion but I'm moving towards blends. I'm always using the 0.9 ND though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
smashing stuff Gbacon!

I took this of my friend in a random pub yesterday. 3200ISO, with the 25mm. Really loving the OM-D :)

img_0001.jpg

old.user4556

Another couple of panoramic shots. I fucking love this NEX.

_DSC0587.jpg

_DSC0582.jpg

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Got a few aurora shots last night.
Canon 10-22mm at 10mm, f3.5m ISO3200, 30secs.
D26cZ.jpg

old.user4556

That's awesome! Where abouts is that from? I'm too far south / it wasn't strong enough for me to get streaks like that.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What a bastard. Shooting at night all the way in the sticks and someone still walks in front of your lens.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Not that far from you, Loch Venachar.
Was hard to believe the colours on display on the LCD after each shot, each one showing different colours and patterns.
I actually cooled the colours in the first pic by about 500K, trying to make it look more believable and sombre. Here's another one showing what the camera was actually picking up:
Aurora1.jpg

old.user4556

Epic.

I'm quite a bit further south with added light pollution though :(, damn Grangemouth.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm refusing to have anything to do with the RX1 until they release the RX1s with changable lenses :eek:

milou

Part of the furniture

old.user4556

The images out of that little RX1 are sublime, and for £2500 so they should be. I'm with teeds though, I've got no interest in a fixed lens solution. As soon as they make an interchangeable lens version and Metabones make an EF to "NEX 9" converter for all your luscious full-frame EF glass, watch everyone jump at the chance. I know first hand the beauty of top notch Canon glass on a Sony body - a match made in heaven.

Interesting that Petapixel have run a story about Canon's sensor quality lagging behind, even on their own bodies.

milou

Part of the furniture
I know you use it as such but I wouldn't look to a compact system to use my full frame lenses on the basis that I might as well use the camera body too. I appreciate that a smaller sensor will naturally utilise the sweet spot of such lenses. A 'total package' (for want of a better expression) is desirable - lightweight body and lenses. Any news of NEX7 lenses?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Gopro announced the hero 3.

120fps@720p,
60fps@1080p
30fps@2.7k
15fps@4k

Built in wifi.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Going to be some seriously SEXY slowmo shots on that.

Also the white edition is just a gopro 2 with wifi built in, the silver and black @ the actual upgrades.
They also record at much higher bitrates ( 35mbs on silver 45mbs on black - vs 14mb on the white - same as the hero2 ).

I'd imagine the guys recording documentary footage will be fapping at getting 2.7k@30fps pretty hard though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom