News For camera nerds only

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We are pleased to inform you that your order has been been shipped by DHL with tracking number <x> We expect to deliver this shipment by 24/Sep/2012.

ABOUT TIME

milou

Part of the furniture
Awesome. Max awesome. The tests that is. I've almost convinced myself that a Zeiss 35mm would endlessly improve my aged life.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Finally out, took a drive up to here last night as clear skies were forecast. Such an amazing view with all the stars, the whole sky was glowing!

Still a bit of light pollution, even this far in the sticks; must have been from Glasgow. Strange thing is that the light pollution wasn't visible to the naked eye.

_DSC0411.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You would laugh so hard if I showed you the night sky where I lived. So hard you'd cry, then throw your Sony into the North Sea.

milou

Part of the furniture

old.user4556

I skipped through most of that article. I saw an interesting comment yesterday that sums it up - there will be a market for this in swelling economies such as China or Russia. They love tacky shit like that.

I understand where they're coming from with their "premium materials". It makes me think of Linn audio - it's great, sure; but is it "ten times expensive" better? Probably not. You're paying for the "one piece aluminium billet" that costs fortunes to manufacture before you even put any electronics in it and this looks the same. It's the internals from an NEX-7 (great camera I've heard :p ) with the "one piece aluminium" blah blah blah. I think hard core photographers will laugh hard though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
First average experience with Wex today. I ordered something last night, then about an hour later (all this took place well out of business hours) sent them a ticket thing asking when something would be in stock (its status was "awaiting stock") and if it was going to be there in the next few days, to hold the order.

This morning, I ring them as soon as they open and ask if I can add a few things to the order and they say "sorry it's too late you'll have to place a new order". Bearing in mind it costs me £25 per order to get it delivered, I wasn't best pleased. :(

And for what it's worth, they still haven't replied to my original ticket. :(

old.user4556

We're not the only ones I don't think; they promise to call back so often but very rarely do. There is a dude called Jonathan there, he was great and did a lot of testing for me and called back when he said he would. The other people weren't a patch on him.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Apparenty my lens is with a courier.

Please don't try and deliver until later when me or the gf are home!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
*dreamily thinks of the start of Ace Ventura when he is delivering that package*
We're not the only ones I don't think; they promise to call back so often but very rarely do. There is a dude called Jonathan there, he was great and did a lot of testing for me and called back when he said he would. The other people weren't a patch on him.
There used to be a guy called Nicholas, who I dealt with exclusively because it was always international delivery and that was his thing. I would send him an email with the order, then he would send an amount to pay back (usually within minutes, none of this "it might take 24 hours for us to reply" bollocks), I would transfer the money and it would go from there. The transactions were always smooth as silk and if I started the process early enough in the day, it would be dispatched within hours.

He mysteriously left (without his emails being forwarded to anyone so they just went unanswered) and now I have to order through the site like all the other common folk and the experience has gone downhill fast since then.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Delivery attempted; recipient not home

:(

Damn their efficiency, it only arrived in the country a few hours ago! Hopefully I can grab it from the depot in the morning...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Additional:

DHL fucking rule. They couldn't get into my building to leave a card so they PHONED me to tell me it'd been missed. Arranged to collect it tomorrow morning. :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I has it! Been messing about.

2012-09-21 01.00.22.jpg

And some samples. ISO800, in a pub.
P1010018-2.jpgP1010019-2.jpgP1010022.jpgP1010028.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah you're right. What was I thinking asking you to take pictures with your new lens. Chuck it out the window.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It'll have to wait until after work/this weekend I'm afraid.

Asking someone to take pictures when said person never takes any pictures. PAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom