News For camera nerds only

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I absolutely agree on the T/S lenses, they do need to be brought up to Canon's standards because they are simply without flaw (mind you, so they should be for the price! ;) ). Your pal Russ furnished dpreview with some of his D800 shots (in particular, with the 24mm PC-E) and it does look very good:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russellbarnes/6960327318/sizes/l/in/photostream/ (full size available for the peepers).

Personally I will never need 36 megapixels as I've only ever printed up to 36" x 24", so I am interested to see if this entry level full-frame pans out as it's the DR and clean shadows that interest me. I'm not sure if you've ever found the same Milou, but to have the ability to underexpose by 1 EV (or even more..) to capture highlight detail and recover shadowed area in post is an interesting tool to have in the bag - it creates additional opportunities. The other argument is that I feel that Nikon is moving forward with their body tech which is really making the Mk3 look rather overpriced at the minute :(.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think I'm supposed to get the Nikon. What does this mean? :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
<annoy G>

It means your Nikon lenses will be vastly inferior to the Zeus-like performance of the Canon lenses.

But insert something here about something mental on how for some reason pushing +4 is the most important thing in the world evar.

</annoy G>

old.user4556

Horses for courses, it would be a manual focus / landscape camera for me.

I'd be looking at a Samyang 24mm or wait until the new Samyang 24mm T/S comes out. Their primes have proven to be excellent, so I have big hopes for their first tilt and shift offering. You've also got the classic Zeiss 21mm which is available in Canon or Nikon mount.

old.user4556

Full size Samyang 24mm f/1.4mm samples.

http://www.samyang.pl/index.php/en/download

Looks awesome to me considering it's £500, centre and mid-frame both pretty sharp with the corners still looking good on full-frame. I've got my finger hovering over the "buy" button, but just waiting for more reviews and also more news on the highly anticipated tilt / shift version.

old.user4556

Oh stop being a big fan(gay?)boy ;)

I'd still probably wait for the reviews but it's worth a shout?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why can't they just fucking tell us so we can make an informed purchase?

old.user4556

Canon and Nikon are both being dicks in my opinion.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's almost like they're fighting over who DOESN'T want my money at the moment.

old.user4556

I know they're in it to milk as much money as possible, but their product announcements seem upside down and back to front.

Why not just announce them altogether and let people buy what they need?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yep, couldn't agree more. Wait times are an irrelevance - rather that than buying something you don't need.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Cool. Any reviews? If so, I'll buy it to go with my SHITTY CAMERA. FIX UP CANON. SORT IT OUT SI. MOAN. WHINGE.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So... will all the 'new' ones that come out be taped too, or is that just for repairs?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think it's something that they're adding to the manufacturing process so all new ones will have the fix.

old.user4556

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I really want to know how that Tamron stands up against the L equivalent. At half the price it's a real consideration.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
My new 121 mexapixel camera is pretty good...

lektro_final20110318.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...lectro-l-pictures-video_n_1509130.html?ref=uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom