[RANT] Fix the fucking WE's!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
If a tanks get raped by a WE, that means he gave the WE to use her positionals. If a Tank is stupid enough to turn his back on a WE, he does deserve to be raped.

Not true, the rear positional which bypasses armour is not even needed to rape a tank with a WE. They can simply pump out more than enough DPS without the need for stealth openers or postionals, this is essentially the problem.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Not true, the rear positional which bypasses armour is not even needed to rape a tank with a WE. They can simply pump out more than enough DPS without the need for stealth openers or postionals, this is essentially the problem.

Yeh with abilities like puncture and that tactic that makes frenzies reduce armour by 75% for 5 seconds

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, I think the armour reduction is getting a nerf to 50% in 1.0.6 (see earlier in thread for how little i know about stats and talents, mind ;) along with something else. I'm not bothered by it - my outlook is similar to Roo's on these things - but lets see how things pan out :)

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Well im pissed now. 21 WH v 21 WE. Both non stealthed and we fight (harry hill style)

She runs around me OUT of melee range but still some how hitting me. I can do bugger all but snapshot (wooooooo). Ive got nothing else dot wise on me like sorc dot etc.

I try to move closer to WE and she just runs off but STILL fuckin hittingme. Lag? I think not . Needing nerfed ? absolutely!

At this rate rvr will be shelfed for the super duper pve game..oh....wait... shit :(

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
hitting me. no enfeebling and i didnt move at first anyway. I thought at first she was a wow player trying to strafe round me but no she was miles awya out my melee range

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Don't be so silly are you even in T4 yet?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well im pissed now. 21 WH v 21 WE. Both non stealthed and we fight (harry hill style)

She runs around me OUT of melee range but still some how hitting me. I can do bugger all but snapshot (wooooooo). Ive got nothing else dot wise on me like sorc dot etc.

I try to move closer to WE and she just runs off but STILL fuckin hittingme. Lag? I think not . Needing nerfed ? absolutely!

At this rate rvr will be shelfed for the super duper pve game..oh....wait... shit :(

Different classes get their abilities at different levels. I'm assuming WH and WE also get their toys at different times, resulting in differences while levelling.

To compare properly, you'd need to be 40 and in similar quality gear. And even then I'm not entirely sure any 1v1 comparision is completely appropriate because they are not (from what I can see) meant to be exact mirrors of each other).

Lastly it sounds like you kept running around ignoring the 2 second DoT.

Thats always good for a laugh.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
not with the problems ppl have due to lag,gfx issues. by and large it wouldnt be too hard to land a positional opener on a standing target, but try it on a moving target and it would be dificult to say the least.

you can reduce the run spd whilst stealthed as long as you increase the amount of time you can stay stealthed and ofc do not lose your ap.

so effectively gear your saying we/wh should really be like the assassin classes of daoc. Bring it on i say :clap:

daoc stealther was far superior (skill wise) than this piece of shit. Also you will remember that once out of stealth, damage was pretty much horrible. And yeah, i'd dare the WEs to try and land a PA!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
daoc stealther was far superior (skill wise) than this piece of shit. Also you will remember that once out of stealth, damage was pretty much horrible. And yeah, i'd dare the WEs to try and land a PA!

Most abilities in DAoC required you to stand still (casting, healing etc), in WAR a lot more can be cast on the move or while strafing making positional openers more difficult imo.

But yes, it was a much better design and WE stealth seems as much to stop them getting gunned down at range than anything else.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah but don't forget that most spells in daoc were at 0.6-0.8 casting time! Quite easy to just fire and move. Oh... CC was proper as well.

edit: yeah, stealth mechanic was by far superior. Atm I'm hitting a WE and they go poof!!! I mean what the fuck!!! And to just imagine that people were complaining about vanish back then!

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but don't forget that most spells in daoc were at 0.6-0.8 casting time! Quite easy to just fire and move. Oh... CC was proper as well.

edit: yeah, stealth mechanic was by far superior. Atm I'm hitting a WE and they go poof!!! I mean what the fuck!!! And to just imagine that people were complaining about vanish back then!
I'm sure most of you are playing a totaly different game than me..yes i can run and stealth but it breaks on damage,i played a lvl50 inf and it was no harder or skillfull to play.WE/WH stealth is not forever like in DAOC, it last 30seconds with a 30s cooldown you should stop reffering to T2-T3 scenarios wait until endgame T4.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure most of you are playing a totaly different game than me..yes i can run and stealth but it breaks on damage,i played a lvl50 inf and it was no harder or skillfull to play.WE/WH stealth is not forever like in DAOC, it last 30seconds with a 30s cooldown you should stop reffering to T2-T3 scenarios wait until endgame T4.

Ehm... I am referring to T4 mate. Stealth breaks on damage... well might be, but you can still stealth while receiving damage. Stealth is not forever? Sure, but your moving speed remains the same and there is no positional requirement for openings. You played an infi to 50? Try to take down a properly buffed (spec AF as well) caster in daoc and then we can discuss about what's easier and what's not.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
If a tanks get raped by a WE, that means he gave the WE to use her positionals. If a Tank is stupid enough to turn his back on a WE, he does deserve to be raped.

do you actually read any of the replies people have made to your comments?

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Different classes get their abilities at different levels. I'm assuming WH and WE also get their toys at different times, resulting in differences while levelling.

To compare properly, you'd need to be 40 and in similar quality gear. And even then I'm not entirely sure any 1v1 comparision is completely appropriate because they are not (from what I can see) meant to be exact mirrors of each other).

Lastly it sounds like you kept running around ignoring the 2 second DoT.

Thats always good for a laugh.

Reading comprehension ftw lol.

Said i didnt move, no enfeebling no dot. She was outside MY melee range. She could hit me yet i couldnt ever hit her. Using coloured toolbar mod so its easy to see when the icons arent red.Only thing i could do was snapshot.

Id admit the mirror things is fine and both arent EXACT copies of each other but when the fuckin blue jesus do WH get something thats not already given to WE and is actually better than them??

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
ORLY????

Landed quite a few in my time :kissit:

I'm not saying that you didn't. I'm not referring to individuals; there will always be people that might make some classes seem OP, this is not the point however with WEs... simple.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
do you actually read any of the replies people have made to your comments?

Yes, I do, but I stand by my point.
Hence the I've said it before and I'll say it again"
When you read a post, be sure that you understand what is being said before commenting...

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm... I am referring to T4 mate. Stealth breaks on damage... well might be, but you can still stealth while receiving damage. Stealth is not forever? Sure, but your moving speed remains the same and there is no positional requirement for openings. You played an infi to 50? Try to take down a properly buffed (spec AF as well) caster in daoc and then we can discuss about what's easier and what's not.
we can disscuss daoc forever but this is not daoc.yes movement speed remains the same but stealth last for 30 SECONDS in daoc stealth lasted until you wanted.You try in 30 seconds to stealth,get to your target..any CC still affects me even in stealth,get blocked trying to get past order players...yes even in stealth i can be blocked without that person/s even knowing,i now have if i'm very lucky 2-3 seconds left before i come out of stealth,do you expect me to have get in a positional?come on.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
we can disscuss daoc forever but this is not daoc.yes movement speed remains the same but stealth last for 30 SECONDS in daoc stealth lasted until you wanted.You try in 30 seconds to stealth,get to your target..any CC still affects me even in stealth,get blocked trying to get past order players...yes even in stealth i can be blocked without that person/s even knowing,i now have if i'm very lucky 2-3 seconds left before i come out of stealth,do you expect me to have get in a positional?come on.

30 seconds is an age when in combat.

The only time it is actually a limiting factor is if you want to stealth prior to finding combat - but seeing as it isn't a 1vs1 game, you shouldn't run around stealthed looking for a fight, but use it in the fight - or if you want to use it as an escape-free card after the kill which took seconds.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
How is it fair or balanced that a BW can debuff his own damage??
Why do people have to bring BW's into every argument in a "they're more OP so nerf them WE's are fine" kind of context.

Saying "But this is more overpowered" doesn't change the base point that WE's need a significant balancing.

Think of it in this real-world context. If i've just gotten nicked for murder, i don't try and tell the coppers "but xyz else killed two people", as it won't change the fact i've done one.

Odd example but it's late and i'm tired.

Edit: Seriously, it's not hard to get to a target inside 30 seconds even with CC/Blocking if you use your noodle a bit. I manage it just fine on my WH - usually with enough time to bug-out successfully if the situation has changed from when i started lining my attack up.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

Ah yet more combinations of the logical fallacies. Still, at least it's not more Straw Man.

The WE's biggest damage spike usually comes in the opener and the rear-ignore-armor style that comes before the tank sees the WE (lag-destealth for anything up to 4 seconds even with a high-end machine, altho admittedly normally 2-3).

That's 2 hits (that ignore armor) and 3 seconds of a double ticking dot before i even know i'm under attack. The WE then pops a stun or similar combined with the ignore positional requirements ability and gets another 3 seconds of pounding on me.

Usually, vs a competent WE i don't get to hit them until my health is close to 50% (on my SM).

So, you were saying?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The WE's biggest damage spike usually comes in the opener and the rear-ignore-armor style that comes before the tank sees the WE (lag-destealth for anything up to 4 seconds even with a high-end machine, altho admittedly normally 2-3).

That's 2 hits (that ignore armor) and 3 seconds of a double ticking dot before i even know i'm under attack. The WE then pops a stun or similar combined with the ignore positional requirements ability and gets another 3 seconds of pounding on me.

It's more hits since after the opener they don't have to wait for the global cooldown.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Reading comprehension ftw lol.

Said i didnt move, no enfeebling no dot. She was outside MY melee range. She could hit me yet i couldnt ever hit her. Using coloured toolbar mod so its easy to see when the icons arent red.Only thing i could do was snapshot.

Id admit the mirror things is fine and both arent EXACT copies of each other but when the fuckin blue jesus do WH get something thats not already given to WE and is actually better than them??

Before you do the stock internet comeback make sure you've explained yourself properly.

In an earlier post you said you were standing still at first. You didn't say you remained stationary the whole fight. "At first" implies you moved later. Reasonable to assume you moved. And reasonable so to guess that you got hit with the "If you move you're an idiot" DoT. Or perhaps you were lagging so badly that the WE was standing right beside you the whole time.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Well moan all you want there is NO WE nerf on the cards or any talk of them being nerfed so learn to live with them or L2p against them or quit the game.
Have fun i am.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Before you do the stock internet comeback make sure you've explained yourself properly.

In an earlier post you said you were standing still at first. You didn't say you remained stationary the whole fight. "At first" implies you moved later. Reasonable to assume you moved. And reasonable so to guess that you got hit with the "If you move you're an idiot" DoT. Or perhaps you were lagging so badly that the WE was standing right beside you the whole time.

The Idiot DoT is called "Gork says Stop" for Shamans and its so easy to win fights using that one, favorite thing about shammies. :D

People always goes uuuhhh i got a DoT it hurts, let me run away to heal.....

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well moan all you want there is NO WE nerf on the cards or any talk of them being nerfed so learn to live with them or L2p against them or quit the game.
Have fun i am.

Don't be so sure. History tells us that Mythic are very fond of their nerfbat. They've swung it once and they'll be looking for somewhere else to swing it next. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom