[RANT] Fix the fucking WE's!

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
This class is most ridicoulus class in a game, and i can't believe there are not really any noteworthy patches coming which nerf them, they really need it.

Their damage output is just sick, no other class ingame can acheive this.

Exin is the name your looking for in the pics

Attachments

• exin1.jpg
    exin1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 289
  • exin2.jpg
    exin2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 207

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i see crits and finishing moves

what lvl is he ?
what lvl are you ?
what gear is he wearing?
what gear are you wearing ?

i could run around naked in T4 getting killed by people, and putting up screenies crying about their dps aswell

numbers dont mean shit without a control and more info

nice try tho

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
You play destruction, you do not understand how frustrating it is to play order and be steamrolled 6k hp in 5 seconds by a WE.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
they should be able to kill cloth very quickly, i do however agree that how they kill anything with heavier armour needs to be looked at, but in all honesty, until they fix bright wizards, i hope they stay as rediculous as they are.

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
You play destruction, you do not understand how frustrating it is to play order and be steamrolled 6k hp in 5 seconds by a WE.

Is this a joke? the same thing happens to every destruction class who goes up against a BW.

Class balance is out of whack, it needs fixing, but its not just a destruction issue.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Is there a bug with the timestamping system? I dont quite see how anyone could attack 6 times in the same second. o_O

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Is there a bug with the timestamping system? I dont quite see how anyone could attack 6 times in the same second. o_O

Good point.

shooped.jpg

not saying it is, just wanted to post that pic :p

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
The balance in this game is fucked, it has been since launch. For example, WE's should not be able to take down a heavy tank without breaking a sweat - yeah by all means theirs no reason why with good skill they can't kill one, but not by the ridiculous speed at which they currently do. But like other people have said, its not just exclusively limited to certain classes, BW's are fucked and do need nerfing somewhat to bring them in line with sorc's.

I still can't quite understand how a morale ability for we's/wh's that deals 1200 damage is at level one, quite retarded considering how easy it is to build 1 bar of morale in a 1v1 fight, that wants moving up the morale chain for both we's and wh's - either that or make it so armor is taken into effect when that ability is used rather than it just being a set 1200 damage regardless.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

I'm not going to argue about Witch Elves in particular and I'm going to try not to be drawn into the obvious comeback regarding Order classes which need some judicious balancing.

Lets just say that Mythic have a few things to sort out on both sides.

Saying Destruction don't know the frustration is perhaps not the best choice of words because we also have a few things to put up with until they are balanced.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

im no WE expert, but isnt that stabby-stabby + dots/kisses etc ticking ?

my original point stands however, and also can i add LOLS @ the order having a hard time of it

Turamber

Part of the furniture
my original point stands however, and also can i add LOLS @ the order having a hard time of it

It is good to see the spirit of DAoC is alive and well :m00:

PS. Nerf Witch Elves, thanks!

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
They defo needs a nerf of somekind, if i have any melee type class on me, i can put up my absorb shield, my 25% melee shield up and debuff them so they do 50% less damage to me as long as i dont attack them and i am fine to a point....BUT if i do that against a WE they kill me just as fast with all the debuffs and shields up, it just does not work out. Im not saying they shouldnt kill me, im saying that with the debuff on them and shields on me, they shouldnt kill me as fast.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
They've nerfed DAoCs Stealthers into the ground. Then they make even stronger stealthers in their new game. Why can a WE (and WH) Stealth while running in a straight line for me getting tickled with all sorts of arrows?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
What can a WE do than a WH can't? And i have to admit, in T3 i took down IB's in 5 secs. I was rank 31 and they were sub rank 23, but who's counting...

dee777

Loyal Freddie
do you mean the log with enfeebling strikes in it?

-> Enfeebling Strike - Abilities - Warhammer Online

witch hunters got a similar spell too

And puncture

-> Puncture - Abilities - Warhammer Online

so that equals six hits

Thanks for the info. I can see where the two puncture hits and the autoattack hit come from now. However I still fail to understand why enfeebling strike procs three times in the same second. BTW, it also procs a second later and it also procced two seconds earlier. Maybe some kind of weird lag issue?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
They've nerfed DAoCs Stealthers into the ground. Then they make even stronger stealthers in their new game. Why can a WE (and WH) Stealth while running in a straight line for me getting tickled with all sorts of arrows?

All DPS questions aside, I cant understand that, too. It seems stealth wont break on damage, be it ticking DoTs or splash AE damage. Seems a bit unreasonable to me.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Stealth doesnt last long tho and when it drops the user has less than full AP bar due to drain from stealthing. Its also impossible using this system to be killed one shot and never see who hit you.

On the WE side, theres soemthing wrong when the games own servers cant keep up with the damage out put. I can kill a bitch elf and then watch as my combat log continues to fill with melee strikes (along with super duper sound effects!) and finally kill me.

This happens a lot to me when im 1v1, for example. Its no one else near me and it never happens with other classes when they kill me.

All told bitch elfes should all be given weedgies !! :flame:

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
What can a WE do than a WH can't? And i have to admit, in T3 i took down IB's in 5 secs. I was rank 31 and they were sub rank 23, but who's counting...

They are in all honesty very simular.

WE Suffering pretty much simular to WH Inquisition
WE Treachery Pretty much simular to WH Judgment

But tbh WE's are the better class suited to melee dps(Carhage vs confession). Their Melee path compared to the WH is just better - or to be more to the point - the execution in the witch hunters' melee path is utter shite :) - Trial by pain requires concentration to be kept - WE equivelent doesnt. That in itself is a massive dp bonus for the WE that WH's lack if they spec confession.
The WE abilities also tend to lower opponents stats quite considerably, which coupled with damage dealth helps quite a bit - no stat decrease in WH armory.

Theres also the whole whiney whine we need ballistic skill :D But tbh at level 40 you end up with a decent amount of BS without added points to items.

Its just knit picking really - no massive difference, but i do think ruthless assault far outweights Trial by Pain.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
What happened...

I have a witch elf...

What happened is this...

1 - You were popped on by a stealthed Witch elf.

2- He used Enfeebling strike. (For the next 15 seconds, everytime you move you take lots of damage)

3- He used Kiss of death. (All of the WE attacks have a 25% (or 50% with the correct tactic) chance of proccing damage and redusing your healing output by 45%

4- Agonizing wound spam followed by Finisher move and a rank 1 morale ability. (Agonising wound is ignoring armour, so he is either behind you, or has fired the any time positional attack buff.

5- you tried to run away, and killed yourself via the damage from Enfeebling strike every time you move.

Couple of things to note here...

1 - Do NOT try to run from a witch elf when you have a green glowy effect on you. You have more chance if you stop moving, detaunt, and try to heal through the initial spike. If you survive the first few seconds, she will be out of AP, and your home and dry.

2 - Witch hunters can do EXACTLY the same thing.

Witch elves (and witch hunters) are designed to MAUL other classes if they find them solo, or manage to pick them off.

Text book example of how to shred a support class tbh.

Learn from it. And move on.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>

Can we use this for BW class balance complains as well?

Oh I forgot - when it is Order classes they should be nerfed, but when it is Destruction classes "people" should just learn to play.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I have a witch elf...

What happened is this...

1 - You were popped on by a stealthed Witch elf.

2- He used Enfeebling strike. (For the next 15 seconds, everytime you move you take lots of damage)

3- He used Kiss of death. (All of the WE attacks have a 25% (or 50% with the correct tactic) chance of proccing damage and redusing your healing output by 45%

4- Agonizing wound spam followed by Finisher move and a rank 1 morale ability. (Agonising wound is ignoring armour, so he is either behind you, or has fired the any time positional attack buff.

5- you tried to run away, and killed yourself via the damage from Enfeebling strike every time you move.

Couple of things to note here...

1 - Do NOT try to run from a witch elf when you have a green glowy effect on you. You have more chance if you stop moving, detaunt, and try to heal through the initial spike. If you survive the first few seconds, she will be out of AP, and your home and dry.

2 - Witch hunters can do EXACTLY the same thing.

Witch elves (and witch hunters) are designed to MAUL other classes if they find them solo, or manage to pick them off.

Is not supposed to happen exactly yhe same thing against an heavy tank tho, the class needs to get looked at, no shit here.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
it does

All DPS questions aside, I cant understand that, too. It seems stealth wont break on damage, be it ticking DoTs or splash AE damage. Seems a bit unreasonable to me.

Sorry, but it does.

For example... On my WE I cannot get near a BW that is spamming the pbae...

damage while stealthed, unstealths me. end of story.

Also... further up, someone asks how "Enfeebling strike" fires 3 times in a second.

That is because it is movment triggered damage. Once applied to the target, if the target moves, they are damaged... it is easyily possible for me to simply drop this attack on an inexperienced player, then simply chase them without hitting them again whilst they kill themselves by moving around.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Can we use this for BW class balance complains as well?

Oh I forgot - when it is Order classes they should be nerfed, but when it is Destruction classes "people" should just learn to play.

If you can find ONE post from me complaining about a class in this game, i will delete my toons, and go play hello kitty online.

I cannot count the number of times i have been instagibbed by BW DOTs, yet i have NEVER EVER complained about them.

They do what they do, So do Witch elves, (and by extension... Witch hunters.. since they are EXACT mirrors)

I, unlike many others, acceot the fact that this game is NOT balanced for 1v1, or even 6v6. IT always has, and always will be, a masive RVR game, and is balanced as such.

IN the grand scheme of the zerg... one witch elf... or one BW is irrelevant. Its how the armies work together that counts.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
They are in all honesty very simular.

WE Suffering pretty much simular to WH Inquisition
WE Treachery Pretty much simular to WH Judgment

But tbh WE's are the better class suited to melee dps(Carhage vs confession). Their Melee path compared to the WH is just better - or to be more to the point - the execution in the witch hunters' melee path is utter shite :) - Trial by pain requires concentration to be kept - WE equivelent doesnt. That in itself is a massive dp bonus for the WE that WH's lack if they spec confession.
The WE abilities also tend to lower opponents stats quite considerably, which coupled with damage dealth helps quite a bit - no stat decrease in WH armory.

Theres also the whole whiney whine we need ballistic skill :D But tbh at level 40 you end up with a decent amount of BS without added points to items.

Its just knit picking really - no massive difference, but i do think ruthless assault far outweights Trial by Pain.

Interesting you compare the straight up "melee" specs... I have honestly found that my WE is FAR more dangerous now that i have started using the Trechery tree (combined with certain tactics and self buffs)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved

I woulden't consider an IB a support class, they're getting equally as raped by them as any other class.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Sorry, but it does.

For example... On my WE I cannot get near a BW that is spamming the pbae...

damage while stealthed, unstealths me. end of story.

Also... further up, someone asks how "Enfeebling strike" fires 3 times in a second.

That is because it is movment triggered damage. Once applied to the target, if the target moves, they are damaged... it is easyily possible for me to simply drop this attack on an inexperienced player, then simply chase them without hitting them again whilst they kill themselves by moving around.

Think it boils more down to the point that, no matter if you got a DoT on you, it seems that after some time, they can restealth anyway.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
yup

I woulden't consider an IB a support class, they're getting equally as raped by them as any other class.

I meant that particular pair of screen shots was a text book example of how to shred a supprt class.

As for IB's... yup i can beat IB's as well on my WE... but i think that is down to my unusual spec tbh...

Interestingly... i dont have trouble with WH's on my Blorc (brawler, with 2hander)

Dunno if thats down to bad WH's, or maybe the classes arent exact mirrors... can WH's spec to pretty much ignore armour like i have on my WE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom