Question Film of The Year

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think the article is pretty horrible actually Wij. Bordering on slander. D'ya rekon?

No. You're defending a principle in law that the innocent are innocent until proven guilty - one that protects all of us from injustice of the most serious kind.

Freedom of speech old boy, thought you loved that shit?

What's wrong with the world if a satirical website can't poke fun at a creepy looking Jew?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Actually the article is about the awkwardness of dealing with this sort of situation for the general public, rather than about Woody Allen. He just provides an uncomfortable subject matter to explore this within.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's like the people that now say Lost Prophets didn't make good music just because their lead singer liked his youngsters.

*I never liked them myself but they managed to sell a lot of CDs and tickets!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I still listen to their first two albums occasionally, they're decent. Zero fucks given.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Freedom of speech old boy, thought you loved that shit?

What's wrong with the world if a satirical website can't poke fun at a creepy looking Jew?

I agree. But I think this went as far as slandering someone for being a paedo.

Actually the article is about the awkwardness of dealing with this sort of situation for the general public, rather than about Woody Allen. He just provides an uncomfortable subject matter to explore this within.

Didn't come across like that for me.

It looks like an argument to treat people differently despite them not being convicted of a crime.

Yep, we do actually do that - despite knowing that it's technically the incorrect to do from a legal and libertarian standpoint, but practical from a human standpoint.

But I think that publishing an article making the argument for doing that is incorrect. The man may well be guilty - but he may well be innocent - and making the case for treating him differently or changing the way the public views him (increasing the suspicion of his guilt - without evidence - which is what the article does) - is against the principles we're supposed to believe in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That principle being "don't trust your own judgement and listen to others"?

I really don't get you sometimes Toht. Is that just you being facetious or did you really not get what I clearly stated?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have you ever known me to be anything but facetious? ;)

If i had been serious about it, i would've questioned your statement on principles we're supposed to believe in, which is not an universal truth as principles are personal.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's why I said supposed, no "do" ;)

Fair enough, thjough you have a way of saying things in a way that does two things; makes your point the only right one while giving you a way out like that :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Science says nine times out of ten that's correct ;)

With the two options being A: popular opinion and if it seems it's not that popular then B: my opinion; then yeah, that would be the definition of playing both sides :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The Wolf of Wall Street - Probably one of the best films I've seen in the last 12 months, not bad for a 2014 film!

DiCaprio is great in it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, thought this thread was about Film of the Year until @Scouse and @old.Tohtori get involved. Seriously, get a room, ruin each other's arseholes and be happy. Thanks. Now, film of the year, 2013, for me, Gravity. The part of the film that made it for me was the soundtrack, out of this world :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Until? Bit harsh considering there was already a whole lot of deadhorse beating about doctors in space and other random crap :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
More i think about it and look at the lists, there really isn't a movie that deserves "movie of the year" title from me. There were good ones, some even better ones, but there was no real supermovie that blew me...away.

Unless you count Doctor Who ofcourse ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
It is still Now You See Me in my opinion. I have watched it 4 times now and enjoy it every time. A lot of films this year I have not even bothered obtaining as I have no interest in a second watch.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The last big film of 2013 was the best IMO; The Wolf of Wall Street. Instant classic. Like Goodfellas but with a better actor playing the main character. Great story, great acting all round (Jonah Hill particularly impressive, and LDC of course), and so so funny.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Yeah Wolf of Wall Street was easily my favorite film as well.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm just waiting for one of these new age marvel movies to tank completely, they all seem to be great or atleast good enough.

If they pull off guardians then f*ck this notion :p

Or better yet, antman.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought Thor 2 was really boring. Getting a bit fed up of these super hero films now. Gave up on Wolverene half way through too.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I thought Thor 2 was really boring. Getting a bit fed up of these super hero films now. Gave up on Wolverene half way through too.

Yeah same. It took me three attempts to get through Wolverine. I find most of the Marvel ones boring tbh. Batman was good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom