Question Film of The Year

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Started watching captain phillips but after reading what a pile of shite the story is and how hes a douchebag in real life I had to switch off after two minutes of Hanks building up this great guy image.
Deleted..pity..such a great copy.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just watched Dallas Buyers Club. OK film but seriously good acting. You can see why Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto are up for Oscars.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
McConaughey is really nailing it recently. I remember him mostly from A Time to Kill but he seems to have gone on to another level in the past year or so. I haven't watched The Wolf of Wall Street or Dallas Buyers Club yet but he was excellent in Mud and True Detective is just great all round.

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He was fantastic in Killer Joe too, if you haven't seen it I'd definitely consider giving it a watch.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Watching Nymfomaniac tomorrow with a lass. This movie could be potentially awesome. 4 hours and 20 minutes though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
4 hours and 20 minutes though.

To the, umm, esteemed moviemakers of hollywood and other possibly more independent, future or present, movie makers, could i have a moment to address the movie length of a single piece of entertainment with the following;

michael-scott-no.gif

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Le Good:
- Rush (Great movie through and through)
- Dallas Buys Club (avrage movie, awesome acting!)
- Now you see me (Yes I actually enjoyed it)
- Silver linings Playbook (positive suprise)
- Lone Ranger (some nice lol moments, undeserved bad rap imho)
- 42 (great story, good acting)

Les Disapointments:
- Loopers (soo much potential in this movie wasted)
- 21 jump Street (was expecting bad, turned out to be worse)
- Elysium (Again much potential wasted, and waay to much focus on the same bloody guy/role from District 9)
- Endors Game (zzzzzZz...odd sudden jumps in story without much explanation, and alot of huh? why? ehm? moments)
- Gravity (disapointing, borring & predictable)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
21 Jump Street came out in early 2012 man. Clearly you're a bit mental though since you thought it was rubbish. :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I watched Ender's Game last weekend, I like Asa Butterfield especially in Hugo, I thought that was a great film, but I really think he was miscast in this, I just couldn't believe in him as the main character

DaGaffer

I watched Ender's Game last weekend, I like Asa Butterfield especially in Hugo, I thought that was a great film, but I really think he was miscast in this, I just couldn't believe in him as the main character

Its about a kid who becomes a space general and commits genocide (oops, spoilers!) who exactly would you believe in the part?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ender's game was suprisingly good and not at all as twilighty as i thought it would be, bit heavy watching though(not light popcorn fun).

Did not necessarily prefer the ending.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I think they tried to press to much into too little a time slot.

a 3 hr. version or endors 1 & 2 would have been the better option imo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How i would've divvied it up;

First movie being about training etc and ending in the last "pewpew training battle in zero grav", ending in him going to big boy pants school. Second movie more about big boy training and end inthe "simulation" fight.

As a person who ahsn't read the books minds you.

DaGaffer

Watched About Time last night (Valentine's thing that we didn't get around to watching on Friday), surprisingly OK except there was a much more interesting film just waiting to be written around the concept and characters, and watched the Lego Movie with my daughter this morning, which was absolutely great, but certainly not for little kids (it actually has a plot to follow). Strangely both films turned out to be about Father-Son relationships.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Its about a kid who becomes a space general and commits genocide (oops, spoilers!) who exactly would you believe in the part?

tbh I like the book. I absolutely loved battleschool, but I also immediately twigged what they were doing with him, even before OSC gave the game away quite blatently tbh. I worry about watching the film, because I have the horrible feeling that it's going to completely ruin my imagined version of it :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
tbh I like the book. I absolutely loved battleschool, but I also immediately twigged what they were doing with him, even before OSC gave the game away quite blatently tbh. I worry about watching the film, because I have the horrible feeling that it's going to completely ruin my imagined version of it :(

Couldn't agree more (about book AND film).

soze

I am a FH squatter
I thought the miscast was done on purpose and worked really well. Rather than some kid who holds himself like a general and could succeed we are meant to believe he is a gamer and has great tactics because of that. I liked him in the strange role TBH.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ok, maybe I looked at it the wrong way, not read the books

DaGaffer

I didn't think they did a bad job tbh; the Formics looked spot-on, Battleschool looked right, and the tactics in the final battle were faithfully done and well-realised. The problem was that it all felt really rushed; it could probably have been done to better effect as an HBO mini-series. Bean wasn't right either.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Book = great, film = shit.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ender´s game, really? Really i reserve my judgement mostly but, Ender's game?! I'm sure someone said it already, but, Twilight in space or some such.

gohan

FH is my second home
Lego movie is movie of the year! All other movies can just stop trying until 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom