Question Film of The Year

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Lego movie is movie of the year! All other movies can just stop trying until 2015

I've been walking about with "Everything is Awesome" going around and around in my brain for the last two days.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You actually seen it? It's nothing like that.

But it just ain't the work of greatness that is the book.

Nothing ever is, IF you're a fan of the books.

Ender´s game, really? Really i reserve my judgement mostly but, Ender's game?! I'm sure someone said it already, but, Twilight in space or some such.

As Scouse said; nothing like the trailer. No twilight here.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
may be going to see The Monument Men on Saturday. reviews are basically polarized between brilliance and shite :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Finally got round to watching Rush last night. Holy fuck this move is good. So I haven't rated Ron Howard in a while and I really, really dislike F1 (which actually means nothing in this case) but I loved the portrayal of Hunt and Lauda's rivalry and how human the story felt. The fact that he made F1 so accessible (by basically cutting out all the racing) was nothing short of genius :)

I'm also still stunned at how beautiful it looked.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Oh and I also caved in and watched Ender's Game (the missus wouldn't stop giving me grief for being a snob about it). I have to say that it wasn't half bad and I enjoyed it (as a movie). They completely stripped some of the most fundamental aspects of the book, but as a movie based loosely on the original story it's decent.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Finally got round to watching Rush last night. Holy fuck this move is good. So I haven't rated Ron Howard in a while and I really, really dislike F1 (which actually means nothing in this case) but I loved the portrayal of Hunt and Lauda's rivalry and how human the story felt. The fact that he made F1 so accessible (by basically cutting out all the racing) was nothing short of genius :)

I'm also still stunned at how beautiful it looked.
It was decent and my mates loved it, but to me it was pedestrian compared to Senna.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Apples and oranges, imo. Senna was excellent but it was a documentary more than anything. In that they didn't tart it up, it was all archive footage and interviews and not a "film".

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Watched The Monuments Men at the cinema. Imo Clooney managed to keep the balance between amusement and the serious stuff pretty well. Bill Murray is just fabulous without even saying a word. There are two scenes with him, one where he and Bob Balaban are playing together, which are really quite awesome. Tbh I'm actually glad Clooney chose to have some humor in the film, because imo it's actually kind of the easy route to make a very serious war story (but hard to tell it well).

TMM isn't particularly well told; there are parts of the movie which seem cobbled together from things they came up with at the spur of the moment so to speak. On the whole I rate it 3.5 stars. I'd certainly go see it if you have some time to kill.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't care that I'm 30-something, I just watched Frozen and it's fantastic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel at the cinema on Saturday. Best film I've seen at the cinema in ages. A proper farce. Hugely entertaining and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sat down to watch Anchorman 2 this evening with the missus. We turned it off after 20 minutes when we realised neither of us had laughed a single time.

What a giant ballsack full of shit.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel at the cinema on Saturday. Best film I've seen at the cinema in ages. A proper farce. Hugely entertaining and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sat down to watch Anchorman 2 this evening with the missus. We turned it off after 20 minutes when we realised neither of us had laughed a single time.

What a giant ballsack full of shit.

Can't wait to see The Grand Budapest Hotel this week.

Anchorman: The first was shit and unfunny and I didn't bother with the sequel. I was told that you need to watch it twice but I've seen the first 30 mins 3 times now and I've not laughed yet.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Managed to sit all the way through Anchorman 2. Glad I didn't pay to see it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Anchorman 2 is even worse than the Inbetweeners for that over the top in your face cringe worthy humor which is not funny unless you are in the right mood or drunk / high.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Finally got around to watching Desolation of Smaug last night. Fuck me that's three hours of story that could have been told in 20 minutes. On the plus side, Smaug is brilliantly done, on the minus side, everything else...isn't.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Watched "Free to play" yesterday, free on steam and other possible film finding locations. 2+ hours, but it went by really fast and is a must see for any dota player. Others might find it interesting too.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Not necessarily the best film of the year, but The Grand Budapest Hotel is a brilliant film and you should all go see it!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watched "Free to play" yesterday, free on steam and other possible film finding locations. 2+ hours, but it went by really fast and is a must see for any dota player. Others might find it interesting too.
including YouTube

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched the new 300.

Plus points? It didn't feel like two hours.
Would I watch again: No chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom