Question Film of The Year

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Olgaline said:
Watched Now you see me yesterday, liked it.

If you think about it, pretty much every character in it with the possible exception of the French woman is an appalling irresponsible arsehole

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, they should shown them carrying out risk assessments.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, they should shown them carrying out risk assessments.

Not really what I meant...

having a man falsely imprisoned because of you have Daddy issues isn't the action of a classy guy for example

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
this is the end when danny mcbride is involved - 10/10
this is the end when danny mcbride isn't involved - 2/10

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just don't get seth rogan(and gang) humor, it was the best of seths movies for sure, but it ain't saying much.

georgie

FH is my second home
I just don't get seth rogan(and gang) humor, it was the best of seths movies for sure, but it ain't saying much.

I've got a weird thing with Seth Rogan. I've always liked the idea of his material, but for me it always just falls short in the execution.This one just seemed to work a lot better for me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
As you can probably tell from my rating, Danny McBride made the film for me. I think he is one of the funniest fuckers around atm. Season 4 of E&D is brilliant so far after 3 was a bit shit.

georgie

FH is my second home
Pacific Rim 4/5. Absolutely ridiculous but I don't care, loved it.

Pacific Rim: 3.5/5 - Good background action film that benefits from turning your brain off.

maybe Pacific Rim just because of my inner 12 year old.

Pacific Rim: Stupid, full of bad science, full of plot holes, loved it. 5/5

So this Honest Trailers thing is probably actually quite accurate then? ;)

View: http://youtu.be/fupWquPNoTc

Chilly

Balls of steel
glad no one has mentioned
Only God Forgives 1/5
absolute fucking load of bolox!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I forgot about that it was so bad.

rynnor

Rockhound
Overdriven said:
Turbo - 4/5 - Good film about a snail o_O

Even my kids are cynical about this one -we think it should be called snailz to go with cars and planes - not saying they are just doing the same predictable racing story over and over...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I saw an advert on the side of a bus today. Can't remember the name of the film but it had Sandra Bullock in it and George Clooney. The blurb described it as "The Movie of the Year".

I can't believe ANYTHING with Sandra Bullock in it is that good a movie. She's MILF eye-candy, thats it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's Gravity and it's supposed to be excellent and absolutely beautiful (lots of love shown for the cinematography and CGI).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I didn't realise it had those two in it. You don't think its some elaborate scam to get people to watch a Rom Com do you?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just read the Wiki entry for it
Nothing but glowing praise
I'll probably end up watching it on my phone in 3 years time

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As you can probably tell from my rating, Danny McBride made the film for me. I think he is one of the funniest fuckers around atm. Season 4 of E&D is brilliant so far after 3 was a bit shit.

Watched the film and meh, it was OK. Some funny moments but overall nothing special. Actually thought Rapture Palooza was a better film on the same theme.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Just watched Oblivion, don't know what all the negative fuss or confusion is about. Decent & simple Si-Fi movie.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm holding out for Enders Game but sadly I already feel it's going to be shit :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I saw an advert on the side of a bus today. Can't remember the name of the film but it had Sandra Bullock in it and George Clooney. The blurb described it as "The Movie of the Year".

I can't believe ANYTHING with Sandra Bullock in it is that good a movie. She's MILF eye-candy, thats it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/

She was most excellent in this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm holding out for Enders Game but sadly I already feel it's going to be shit :(

Just finished listening to an audiobook of Ender's Shadow. Orson Scott Card says the film is going to be an almalgamation of the books Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow because how the hell do you make a film that works based on the internal feelings of a character?

Anyone who's not read Enders Game do so now btw - before the film. I made my g/f do it and she read it in about three days as she couldn't put it down. It's great. (The rest of his stuff isn't so much).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just watched 10 minutes of the great gatsby. The characters are completey wrong, especially Tom. Didnt even get to the first party before I had to turn it off.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I thought it was shit too.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is it worth it as a lazy mans gatsby? Not really interested in reading the thing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
mehish. You get the gist of it.

I didn't really like the styling of it either really. It's a good production, just not my cup of tea.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
RED 2 - Not as good as the first one, bit too 'scattered', but some funny moments. 6/10.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Is it worth it as a lazy mans gatsby? Not really interested in reading the thing.

the book is over-rated and what i saw of the film was crap. Don't bother, read tender is the night instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom