Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FH Docs: My eyes feel bruised!

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Access Denied, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Access Denied

Access Denied It was like that when I got here... FH Subscriber

For the last few days my eyes have felt bruised. Like when bright light hurts your eyes. Moving them hurts, touching them hurts. It's not lack of sleep because I'm sleeping normally. Although I do have a persistent cough that's really irritating me and could be a possible cause.

Anybody got any other ideas as to why my eyeballs could be hurting?

2. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

in b4 spunk in eyes

3. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

Dry eyes, too much screen stare, dry air in room, lack of water drinks or some such.

See doctor if persists, eyes are nothing to mess about with.

4. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

Go to a optician. Friend had that, ended up with a brain tumour. Caught it early, still had to skip this year of uni because of treatment.

5. Laddey

Laddey Resident Freddy

I sometimes get it, right at the back of my eye...It only lasts for a day, if it was to last any longer i'd be seeing an optician/doctor!

6. Access Denied

I've made an appointment at the opticians for Tuesday. Even if it's cleared up by then it's about time I got my eyes tested anyway, lol. Here's hoping it's nothing serious.

7. Zenith.UK

Zenith.UK Part of the furniture

You say you've had a cough?
    When you cough, the tensing up makes your blood pound for a moment. Maybe your eyes hurt because of the pressure of coughing?

8. Wonk

Wonk Can't get enough of FH

It could be a gazillion things, from small scratches in the surface of cornea (can even be caused by contact lenses), to inflammations and migraine. I'm sure the optician will be able to tell you what it is :)

9. Access Denied

Yes I've had a cough and yes it could be a possibility. It's not Migraines, I've had those for almost 20 years so I know what they're like, lol. Also made an appointment for the doctorsince my mum thinks it might be a sinus infection.

10. Ezteq

Ezteq Queen of OT

I had something wierd a few years ago where my eyes really hurt and my vision started tunneling, went to eye hospital (getting a cab when you can't see is fun) turned out I had these strange raised bumps on the inside of my eyelids so every time I blinked was like being poked in the eye, never happened again and they don't know what caused it.

11. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

Enjoy yourself while u can

12. kiliarien

kiliarien Can't get enough of FH

Hmm, maybe it was this.

[​IMG]

If 3D Avatar caused a relapse ask for your money back. ;)

13. Bugz

Bugz Fledgling Freddie

Clockwork Orange is such win.

Didn't like the rape scene though :(

14. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Ehh.. Best part of the entire movie dude? Same goes for the rape scene in American History X

DAMN I got hard

15. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

my favourite rapes are in Deliverance and Evil Dead!

16. Access Denied

Get this. Since I moved down to the coast I've had more colds and shit than I had in 25 years living in London. Why? Beats me.

17. Ezteq

Ezteq Queen of OT

because germs can't survive in that filthy london air dude.

18. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

yep, London air is pretty disgusting
    you wanna try riding round it on a motorbike
    when you get home your nose is full of black shit from the traffic fumes

19. Access Denied

Well apparently there's fuck all wrong with my eyes, see what the doctor has t say tomorrow!