Food Favourite Roast Dinner

Whats your favourite roast dinner?

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well, I'm completely stuffed after a magnificent roast chicken dinner. I ate like a pig.

PigPorcelaine_Vista_archigraphs.png

So, whats a great roast dinner?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Never had swan. Supposed to taste a lot like eagle.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Oooh, hard question. Can't pick out of chicken, beef or lamb. Chicken neeeds to be juicy, rest medium rare or I consider it burnt *snob*

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Beef.
Proper Yorkshire pudding. (cooked around the meat, in the dripping)
Roast potatoes (in goose fat)
Veg roasted in honey (olive oil and honey)
Pork stuffing
Horseradish

Win

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I went with duck because the skin is just scrumdiddlyumptious.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Beef.
Proper Yorkshire pudding. (cooked around the meat, in the dripping)
Roast potatoes (in goose fat)
Veg roasted in honey (olive oil and honey)
Pork stuffing
Horseradish

Win

Very nice, I approve.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like duck but it doesn't really fit a roast dinner. it is too light.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I picked beef but Wild Boar is better.

Pork Plus :)

However you are, of course, incorrect.

Wild Boar is indeed a fantastic roast. But the question is what is your favourite. Beef is clearly the winner. Wild Boar, whilst an epic occasional roast, is not by any stretch of the imagination a regular Sunday cockles-of-your-heart-warmer. It doesn't have the longevity that beef has.

Perfect Sunday Roast:

Roast Welsh Black. Farmed on Anglesey. On the bone if you can get it.
Yorkshire Pudding, cooked in the juices.
Roast Potatoes, parsnip and carrots (you can brush the carrots with honey, but whack em in there too).
Cauliflower and Broccoli (it's not right without both)
Swede, or Carrot and Swede mash (it's awful to contemplate without)

Serve with English Mustard, Horseradish and crushed black pepper.

Follow with Apple Crumble and Custard.

Then a War Film, preferably Where Eagles Dare, or The Great Escape, or A Bridge to Far.

Then sleep.

:)

Edit: *Marrowfat processed peas are an abomination to some, but I just love 'em with a roast :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I find wild boar a bit too rich, it's nice as bacon or sausages but as a joint it's a bit too much.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Off-topic but I had some szechuan pork belly strips from Morrisons earlier, they were cooked in szechuan pepper and star anise glaze for twice as long as it said on the box because I llike to render the fat right down but at a slightly lower than suggest temp, the smell and taste was sublime. For £2 they we fucking awesome and I am going back to buy more tomorrow. :D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Speaking of roasts. Next weekend I'm going to the new brother in laws stag do and we are going to a restaurant in New York city where we've reserved the chefs table and are getting served a whole roasted suckling pig! Can't fucking wait!

Also looking forward the the cigar and whisky bar after too though mind.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Off-topic but I had some szechuan pork belly strips from Morrisons earlier, they were cooked in szechuan pepper and star anise glaze for twice as long as it said on the box because I llike to render the fat right down but at a slightly lower than suggest temp, the smell and taste was sublime. For £2 they we fucking awesome and I am going back to buy more tomorrow. :D

Oh man, they sound good. There's a Morrison in Shepherd's Bush Green (or there used to be), which is about 10 minutes from my house.

Yorkshire Pudding, cooked in the juices.

How good does that sound?

/drool

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It marvelous, it can be a bit greasy sometimes but it's usually sublime if its good beef or lamb. I don't do it with pork or gammon because it's far too salty.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Damn. Now I am salivating with a purpose. Going out to buy food. The Mrs wants a sandwich (yawn), so I am going out for szechuan pepper ribs, yorkshire puddings, and crispy aromatic duck.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It marvelous, it can be a bit greasy sometimes but it's usually sublime if its good beef or lamb. I don't do it with pork or gammon because it's far too salty.
You mentioned it a couple of times now and I'm curious, how exactly do you cook it in the juices of the beef/lamb? Like you drain the juices off or what?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, just put the meat in a baking dish and stick it in the oven. When you are ready to put your Yorkshire pudding in, pour it around the meat.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I'm a weirdo, I'll eat Bacon, Sausages and burgers but I won't eat joints, can't stand Lamb unless it's in a Donner, not over on Beef and Pork is horrid unless it's Bacon.

So Chicken it is, with roasties, parsnips, carrtos, peas, broccoli, sage & onion stuffing and sausage meat. All served inside a gaint homemade yorkie with proper thick gravy!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah, just put the meat in a baking dish and stick it in the oven. When you are ready to put your Yorkshire pudding in, pour it around the meat.

To be fair, that stops you cooking your roast potatoes with the meat...

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I'm not a fan either of roast lamb or beef (although I like roasted beef fillet). I like pork but only the crackling so it has to be chicken for me ;/

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Anyone ever had Turducken? I'd love to try one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom