Comedy Central - Roast of Justin Bieber

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If some (or all) aren't familiar with Comedy Central's Roasts basically a celeb sits down and a bunch of comedians rip them a new arsehole. They'll be roasting Justin Bieber on March the 7th.

example - somewhat NSFW

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Are they allowed to use baseball bats?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Title says Justin Bieber, video says Pamela Anderson.

Coincidence? I think not.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
The Charlie Sheen roast is probably the funniest of all times!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, Charlie Sheen was good heh, William Shatners was good too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I can't remember the last Roast I tried to watch but it was ages ago and I had to turn it off for fear of cringing to death.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have watched about 1,3 roasts and it's so scripted and contrived that anyone with an ounce of actual humor would rather kill themselves with a rusty spoon and a ripped off chairleg than be forced to watch one. I *ESPECIALY* hate "celebrities" being made to read jokes that someone else wrote for them. Often you just see the poor celeb simply focussing on the paycheck to the extent of all else. Poor guys. Really feel bad for 'em.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's loads of brilliant American stand-up comedians but this roast bollocks is anything but a showcase for comedy. It's embarrassing to watch is what it is.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
But roasts are supposed to be a piss take of people we all love. Bieber is undoubtedly a gobby little twat who everyone over 25 hates - so why would anyone legitimise his behaviour by sending him up?

Unless, of course, it's more of a "Preston on Buzzcocks" pisstake. In which case it'll be hilarious.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Greg Giraldo (spelling?)
Jeff Ross
Lisa Lamponelli (spelling?)

are generally quite funny, everything else so far has been quite shit, the only reason the 3 above are normally good is because they literally do not hold back, no subject is off topic - case and point "Jeff Ross: How is it possible that Courtney Love looks worse than Kurt Cobain?" - harsh but also quite funny. Lisa and Greg are normally just as brutal, Lisa especially, she's fucking evil lol.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
But roasts are supposed to be a piss take of people we all love. Bieber is undoubtedly a gobby little twat who everyone over 25 hates - so why would anyone legitimise his behaviour by sending him up?

Unless, of course, it's more of a "Preston on Buzzcocks" pisstake. In which case it'll be hilarious.

True! but it should be fun watching the cunt sit there for nearly 2 hours getting his arse handed to him :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedberg. I can probably think of some living ones too if I apply myself!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
One or two exceptions obviously but on the whole its a black guy telling us how black guys do things or a women telling us how women do things, or "Aren't I catty, look at me". I saw Reginald D Hunter a couple of years ago and he was pretty funny but still falls back on the "look at me I'm black" scenarios all too often.

Most funny people in America end up writing sit coms, which is good I guess. We need more funny people writing sit coms here, so we can get away from the awful BBC comedy output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom