Drink Favourite Beer

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not for a long session or restricted by location but for the odd bottle/pint/can of something you think tastes totally yum, what do you like?

It's not my favourite, need a think, but just really enjoyed a bottle of Old Tom (8.5%)

There's a few other really nice treat beers too.

You?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I never look at the alcohol content of beer; I don't really like super strong stuff (except the odd Belgian beer) so I stick to IPAs and Pale Ales these days and I tend to rotate through a few Irish breweries that I know are reliable (loads of small breweries here sell over hopped muck); Eight Degrees, Kinnegar and Hope mainly. We have a really good off licence and the manager knows the kind of stuff I like so he'll point out any good small batches the breweries are doing, at the moment this one
Eight-Degrees-Brewing-IRISH-MUNROS-Series-Hill-of-The-Serpent-Cascadian-Dark-Ale-768x707.jpg
but it will only be sold for a couple of months.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not a complicated man...

pelforth-06.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I love my real ales - keto's a bind when it comes to that - a real sacrifice.

There are a lot to choose from and I was going to say Glaslyn (named after the lake on Snowdon) from the Purple Moose brewery in Porthmadog because it's really nice when served correctly and local to me (now).

But Loweswater Gold (named after another lake), as served in the Kirkstile Inn in the lake district, popped into my head. It's a fucking lovely pint and something I always look for when in the Lakes (good food in one pub, but gold in the other? Stuff eating - get drunk, go for a curry afterwards instead).

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I love my real ales - keto's a bind when it comes to that - a real sacrifice.

There are a lot to choose from and I was going to say Glaslyn (named after the lake on Snowdon) from the Purple Moose brewery in Porthmadog because it's really nice when served correctly and local to me (now).

But Loweswater Gold (named after another lake), as served in the Kirkstile Inn in the lake district, popped into my head. It's a fucking lovely pint and something I always look for when in the Lakes (good food in one pub, but gold in the other? Stuff eating - get drunk, go for a curry afterwards instead).

I'm with you on Loweswater Gold, I discovered it years ago. When up there I would always stop at the off licence on the left as you go up towards the top of town in Ambleside to buy whatever stock they had. It's also available mail order, my brother bought me a crate once for my birthday.
Here I've become partial to the various beers from the Afligem brewery sold by the local bar. On that note they are reopening next Friday and we already have a table booked. It will be our first time "out out" for months, there's a chance I may become inebriated.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Hertog Jan Grand Prestige
Duvel
Westmalle triple

Day to day leffe blonde or dubbel from the tap dependent on time of year...

I miss living so close to the Begium border as there are so many more awesome beers that I no longer drink living in Sweden...

Yes I can buy Leffe / Westmalle tripel at Systembolaget but I don’t. Leffe is so much better on tap and when it hasn’t travelled so far ;/ and I stopped drinking beer when I left NL in 2011.

Grand Prestige is high alcohol but doesn’t feel like it - there was a funny Sunday over 10 years ago when TdC and I got trollied on it - for me I only realised when I stood up and my legs gave way oO If I drank it again I would have only one oO

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Dont drink beer, but I can just about handle Desperados

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've not tried (or even heard of) most of those beers apart from Duvel and Leffe. :(

I've been drinking a bit of Meantime Pale Ale lately.

Don't really have a favourite beer as such.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
My local beer is Grolsch. Jever is another favourite, but most German lagers are good tbh. Best beer for me would be Charles Quint/Keizer Karel (red). Followed by the blue Chimay.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Lager - Brewdog Lost Lager (home) / Amstel (pub)
Ale - Brewdog Dead Pony Club (everywhere)
Bitter/Stout - no ta.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Funnily enough I just bought some of that on a whim to give it a try.
I find their stuff to be really good on the whole. Let me know what you think.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I thought you miserable old bastards would probably know a few good beers but lots of middle of the road shite in here. Titantics Plum Porter is the go to at the moment. Widely available, get it in Morrisons.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Trying something different tonight and its not bad.

4D8BCCC4-527D-41C0-A359-32A5BDB61101.jpeg Adnams broadside 6.3%

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On at my (old) local was Broadside. Honestly, I think it used to be a lot better.

Some beers used to be amazing then turned to shit. Waggledance was one. It was amazing and sold like hotcakes - but because of that the brewery sold out and the new owners had to reformulate to produce the volume.

Thornbridge has suffered to some extent with that. Jaipur used to be *amazing* and sold in 500ml bottles. But they landed supermarket contracts and had to change hops a bit and only do 330ml bottles now.

All of their beers are still eminently drinkable, mind. It's just sad - how much money does a successful brewery need to make? I'd have kept the quality.

I understand the bloke who owns Orange Bikes was offered lolzrofflez cash for his mountaike bike brand in the 90's. He said no, because he likes making bikes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom