Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
SoWat said:
Tilda's had a sex change?
Now that is news!

Mleh, better now? :p
Frankly I don't keep track of everyone's gender. All I see is a name, and in Tilda's case I don't know the person behind it very well ;)

Edit: sorry Tilda if I have offended you, I just think the name sounds female :rolleyes:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
saltymcpepper said:
can you explain how most of the rvr discussions threads are classes as "discussions"

That's irrelevant. If you have issues with posts or threads in the RvR section (or any other for that matter) then use the 'report post/thread' tool available to you, and a mod will look into it and take whatever action they feel appropriate. Stop trying to divert attention away from your own 'post farming' / 'spamming' / 'forum chatting' by whining that others do the same thing.

saltymcpepper

Banned
Jupitus said:
That's irrelevant. If you have issues with posts or threads in the RvR section (or any other for that matter) then use the 'report post/thread' tool available to you, and a mod will look into it and take whatever action they feel appropriate. Stop trying to divert attention away from your own 'post farming' / 'spamming' / 'forum chatting' by whining that others do the same thing.
thing is tho m8, i dont spam very badly at all.
what i want to know is why is there a different set of rules for the other forums, compared to this one?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
saltymcpepper said:
what i want to know is why is there a different set of rules for the other forums, compared to this one?

Actually no, you don't, but in the context of this thread the people involved do know who they are. Let the mods do their job, and if you want to help them then fine, please use the tools provided.

There isn't a different set of rules, it is simply the fact that up to now on these boards it is in here that the rules have needed to be applied so quickly. Give the guys a chance and I am sure they'll make sure that the same guidelines are applied in the other DAOC areas too.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
saltymcpepper said:

as K9awya stated, you dont know if there is one yet. You cant use BW rvr to compare to FH excal ot as the rules here are different from the BW ones. Allthough it does seem that RvR related chatting is allowed a little bit more than general chatting.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Coim. IRC is a place for chatting. imho "chatting" i.e. threads like "Hi Coim i see your brousing this forum." "I there, what you up to" Is spam. Its worthless trash that you should do im PM's irc or somewhere else.
Forums again imho are for DISCUSSION. Ie, "Did you see the tweenies yesterday wasn't that big purple one's head on back to front" or whatever.
I agree with Bels. This Isnt BW, yes we are stamping down hard. On BW you and others had problems taking mod's requests seriously. Here, were saying, spam and get zero'ed then banned.
Were trying to take a more flexible approach towards modding here however spam is something we won't tolerate. (Yes I class chatting as spamming here)
These are discussion forums, not chatting forums.

Tilda
Belsameth said:
have a chat here, have a laught, do whatever you please, you know I'll join in with you lot as I love a bit of mindless fun as much as the next girl
Do you make it a habit of contradicting each other?

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Its the conversation part that shouldnt be happening on FH.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that its a discussion forum. Not a forum for your personal ammusment nor a forum for chatting. Its a forum for stating your oppinions and discussing things.
Basically, your saying we can't have fun. Which is utter bollocks.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Then why do peoples like Herbal continue to do it? I don't know how many QQ's I've seen from that GoL lot, but they never get their post counts reset or get banned. Prehaps all the Excal OT should move to the RvR forums and then it would be acceptable?

/edit - And that thread wasn't even closed![/QUOTE]
This is exactly my point. Exactly. Back on BW, you never listened. Countless times I (we, for that matter) tried to tell you the real problem was in RvR... but nooooooo, we'll just leave them to whine and QQ, and concentrate on Excal OT, which, imo, wasn't that bad.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Well it doesn't annoy me, I find it funny how much fuss you make about leaving yet still linger here, knowing there is nowhere else to go :) bwahaha...

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Coim said:
Basically, your saying we can't have fun. Which is utter bollocks.
Coim, do you really need someone to define the difference between a decent conversation and taking the piss.
If you really hate the new stricter way of doing things then go get yourself banned and spend the rest of your days grumbling about those damn bastards at FH. How dare they try to improve your forum!
:p

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Coim, do you really need someone to define the difference between a decent conversation and taking the piss.
If you really hate the new stricter way of doing things then go get yourself banned and spend the rest of your days grumbling about those damn bastards at FH. How dare they try to improve your forum!
:p
I said, they tried to improve it, and failed miserably. As for getting banned, sounds like a damn good idea. So... fuck you all. Yes, I'm talking to j00 as well Tilda. Fucking power crazy nazi mods!!212 Ban now okthx.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Coim said:
I said, they tried to improve it, and failed miserably. As for getting banned, sounds like a damn good idea. So... fuck you all. Yes, I'm talking to j00 as well Tilda. Fucking power crazy nazi mods!!212 Ban now okthx.
Out of interest, what is it that makes you think its solely their responsibility to improve the forums?

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Out of interest, what is it that makes you think its solely their responsibility to improve the forums?
Erm, I don't think that. It's down to many people, which is why you can't just lock threads left right and center and expect anything to change.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Coim said:
Erm, I don't think that. It's down to many people, which is why you can't just lock threads left right and center and expect anything to change.
and as we can see here, letting them run free and spam is OBVIOUSLY THE SOLUTION.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Coim how about you just stop posting here for a bit and see if you like it once everyone has registered, settled down and got back to normal.

As disturbing as it is, I dont want you to get banned and bugger off :eek:

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Coim how about you just stop posting here for a bit and see if you like it once everyone has registered, settled down and got back to normal.

Exactly. Nothing's going to change, Excal RvR will still be the same - no threads locked, no proper moderating there.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Coim said:
Exactly. Nothing's going to change, Excal RvR will still be the same - no threads locked, no proper moderating there.
I do actually agree with this, I find it very unlikely that the forums will improve, however you are hardly helping.

We will just have to wait and see...

Belsameth

Tainted
BlitheringIdiot said:

funnily enough, I feel the same. likewise with Sissyfoo, banning him here was the hardest thing I had to do as a moderator because I absolutely wub that guy.

I haven't looked there since yestrday evening, as I was quite busy here, but it WILL change if I can help it. eOTjust caught the full brunt of the stricter moderation because it's most active right now. as I said before, I would've prefered it to be the RVR forums but sadly they're quite dead so far (or were yesterday at least)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Belsameth said:
funnily enough, I feel the same. likewise with Sissyfoo, banning him here was the hardest thing I had to do as a moderator because I absolutely wub that guy.
Obviously not as much as me though!

Is he perma-banned?

Belsameth

Tainted
he wasn't at first, till I saw their little victory dance on BW eOT.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
Just out of interest, I know that's a blatant joke, but that is actually what was happening in the old RvR forums. People were constantly making threads over and over about dragonfang, or savages, or someone who killed them in RvR, and no one did anything. The threads didn't even get locked.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
like any joke, people telling it the 500th time should be shot irl.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
And please, why couldn't you just lock this instead of moving it to OT? It pisses me off to see every shit RvR thread moved here. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom