Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziva

Fluffy
[QUOTE='Shy]I particularly enjoyed reading Herbal's qq comment on this one..[/QUOTE]

People are warned in PM a lot. That is something you don't see.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Then why do peoples like Herbal continue to do it? I don't know how many QQ's I've seen from that GoL lot, but they never get their post counts reset or get banned. Prehaps all the Excal OT should move to the RvR forums and then it would be acceptable?

/edit - And that thread wasn't even closed!

Ziva

Fluffy
[QUOTE='Shy]Then why do peoples like Herbal continue to do it? I don't know how many QQ's I've seen from that GoL lot, but they never get their post counts reset or get banned. Prehaps all the Excal OT should move to the RvR forums and then it would be acceptable?

/edit - And that thread wasn't even closed![/QUOTE]

I think you don't understand that banning people isn't done on a daily base. It's done if people keep pushing limits and keep provoking despite a bunch or warnings. This usually means one mod almost has a fulltime job trying to reason with this person and we really don't need that for just 1 person.

As for moving to RvR, you are free to post there offcourse as long as it's RvR related stuff :) As i said in my previous post, moderating can't be done "black and white" but there is a big difference in posting things trying to provoke a warning or getting a warning because u accidently posted something.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ziva said:
As for moving to RvR, you are free to post there offcourse as long as it's RvR related stuff :) As i said in my previous post, moderating can't be done "black and white" but there is a big difference in posting things trying to provoke a warning or getting a warning because u accidently posted something.

Exactly my point there. The posts I quoted above are not actually anything to with a decent RvR discussion. A few excerpts:

" j00 s00k
Givz Challenge

Givz Epic battles

Givz more Savages more M00ses

Givz constant stream of little luris"

"M00ses ur frontiers need cleansing"

"r u wanna make l0ve"

Do I really need to go on? In all seriousness, make sure the forums are balanced before giving us OT crown the bad rep :(

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
In my humble opinion, close/move the threads in OT forums which belong in another forum. Close the OT threads on 'regular' boards.

I can't think of much that would justify a closing of a OT thread apart from insults and abuse which shouldn't be tolerated at all.
That said, if this turns into another BWs (where abusing, insulting and mentally friggin vandalising eachother was accepted) I think I'm out of here as well.

Seeing those posts you quoted Coim just makes me want FH to stay as far away from BWs as possible. How can you promote threads with the word f*ck in more or less every sentance? The attitude on BWs was/is completely fubar, mainly due to the un-strict moderation of those boards.

I still have my hopes up for FH. And I do see your point Coim, however I also understand Bels. Perhaps he could be a little more gentle on the OT threads as long as nobody is getting hurt.

Czae

Ziva

Fluffy
The forums have different purposes and are used by a different group of people. Things that aren't moderated as strict on RvR are stricter modded on OT and vice versa.

If we take the "Merry Xmas" threads as an example. Sure we can remove them all from the RvR/Realm related forums cause "they don't have anything to do with RvR/Realm" but like i said before, forums have different types of people and groups of people visit specific forums and why would we disallow them to wish eachother a merry xmas?

That's the same as allowing people in OT to have discussions about things that others might even wonder if that should be on a game forum at all, even though it was placed in OT section.

There is no such thing as "outlined moderating rules". All we have is the CoC to give guidelines and the use of common sense.

And as for not beeing able to talk or reason to moderators, i think the Exca/OT section is the only section where moderators try to explain their actions and reasoning to forumusers as much as any other section.

So how can it be possible that only this section has so much "problems" with moderators while all the other sections don't? Maybe you can try to explain that to me.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I think that if the people who formed this forum (out of the goodness of their own heart) can put all the effort in for all of us and create this new forum then the least we can do is abide by the rules they set down.

Coim & crew i have often found you guys amuzing and equally annoying at different times, if you dont like the rules here which to be honest arnt really that different from BW then yes you should leave. But just do it rather than keep going on about it.

Tilda

Coim said:
I don't understand. Cyfr or whatever posted a quote, which totally contradicted your post.

I was always under the impression that a forum was a place to chat. I have been chatting. Therefore I haven't done anything wrong.
Coim. IRC is a place for chatting. imho "chatting" i.e. threads like "Hi Coim i see your brousing this forum." "I there, what you up to" Is spam. Its worthless trash that you should do im PM's irc or somewhere else.
Forums again imho are for DISCUSSION. Ie, "Did you see the tweenies yesterday wasn't that big purple one's head on back to front" or whatever.
I agree with Bels. This Isnt BW, yes we are stamping down hard. On BW you and others had problems taking mod's requests seriously. Here, were saying, spam and get zero'ed then banned.
Were trying to take a more flexible approach towards modding here however spam is something we won't tolerate. (Yes I class chatting as spamming here)
These are discussion forums, not chatting forums.

Tilda

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think what some people here are failing to grasp is that with the switch away from any corporate ownership the rules change slightly. No longer is there any concern over 'bad press' if someone gets banned and kicks up a fuss. It isn't going to cost the owners of these boards anything in lost sales of computer games or anything else, nor are they going to lose any sleep over losing two, three or however many childish posters from the list of subscribed participants. In other words, they don't need the spammers, whiners, flamers and retards.

There are over 1000 people subscribed already and in general there is an excited atmosphere surrounding the change back to a voluntary group of people running a gaming forum for gamers. I have read alot of the post farming crap here (and in other forums) and hoped that removal of post count and it's display would hopefully calm things down, and I think Bels, Ziva and Tilda are doing just fine. Personally I'd have lost patience with your whining, particularly Coim (if you don't like it here then bugger off), and I think you guys ought to shut up moaning and get with the program. As Tilda said, these are discussion forums not chatting forums.

Brinx

Fledgling Freddie
If some people put as much effort into posting discussion threads as they do complaining about the forums it'd be a better place for everyone.

As Jup says; there is no corporation at the top of it anymore. It's entirely a community site now which makes it confusing to me why some people seem to view it as a right. It never was with BW and it certainly isn't here.

Flesh

Banned
Ziva said:
And as for not beeing able to talk or reason to moderators, i think the Exca/OT section is the only section where moderators try to explain their actions and reasoning to forumusers as much as any other section.

So how can it be possible that only this section has so much "problems" with moderators while all the other sections don't? Maybe you can try to explain that to me.
Maybe that's partially because eOT is the only section where mods close threads and cut "spam"/"conversation" threads unjustly?
Noone could really complain if you deleted threads containing "+1" spam, then again, those type of threads aren't closed.

Flesh

Banned
[QUOTE='Shy]"r u wanna make l0ve"[/QUOTE]
Yes please, shall I make the irc channel?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:

if you and your buddies (and the only ones you quoted there were your buddies) don't like the forums then by all means leave. i'm sure no one will be even remotely upset. If you want to improve the way the mods do their job then stop posting. If they no longer have to spend all their time chasing after children then they will be able to spend alot more time keeping the rvr forums in check.

And this is not barrysworld its Freddyshouse. Its a new forums, new attitude and if we're lucky, a new set of posters.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
if you suddenly get funny of course you can, so far you have provided zero amusement

Flesh

Banned
If I wasn't completely sure you were well of how annoying you are, I'd feel the need to tell you.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think all the Mods and Admins ganging up and flaming Coim and Flesh is wise.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Flesh said:
If I wasn't completely sure you were well of how annoying you are, I'd feel the need to tell you.

/me blinks

what?

Flesh

Banned
I don't feel ganged up on, or abused. :x
Not even that bothered about the postcount, because at the end of the day, I got those posts by having conversations on eOT threads mostly, while I was bored. The purpose of the posts/conversations, were to entertain me... they did their job.
What I do find annoying, is that the conversation threads get locked/deleted, yet "WTF M8 J00R SAVAGE IS STRONG WANNA DUEL IRL" threads, are not. :x

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loxleyhood said:
I don't think all the Mods and Admins ganging up and flaming Coim and Flesh is wise.

I think it would be more unwise of us to let those people think they can mod-bait and spam without fear of reprisal, therefore simple posts with advice are put on offer.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
You've had your reprisals. You've made your posts with advice. You're now flaming.

Flesh

Banned
I hardly see how talking between ourselves was mod-baiting, and to be perfectly honest, I think the creation of this thread, has led to more spam then there was previously..as I mentioned earlier in the post. :x

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Flesh said:
I hardly see how talking between ourselves was mod-baiting, and to be perfectly honest, I think the creation of this thread, has led to more spam then there was previously..as I mentioned earlier in the post. :x
I think the mention of Mod baiting was Jupitus' little stab at me.

Flesh

Banned
I forget though, remind me if you would.. are mods simply there to lighten the load of the owners of the forum, or are they part of an elite hierarchy that immediately become better people the moment they're elected?

Cyfr

Banned
Lawrence Ferlinghetti said:
At the stoplight waiting for the light
nine a.m. downtown San Francisco
a bright yellow garbage truck
with two garbagemen in red plastic blazers
standing on the back stoop
one on each side hanging on
and looking down into
an elegant open Mercedes
with an elegant couple in it
The man
in a hip three-piece linen suit
with shoulder-lenght blond hair&sunglassed
The young blond woman so casually coifed
with short skirt and coloured stokings
on the way to his architect's office

And the two scavengers up since four a.m.
grungy from their route
on the way home
The older of the two with grey iron hair
and hunched back
looking down like some
gargoyle Quasimodo
And the younger of the two
also with sunglasses&long hair
about the same age as the Mercedes dirver

And both scavengers gazinf down
as from a great distance
at the cool couple
as if they were watching some odorless TV ad
in which everything is always possible

And the very red light for an instant
holding all four close together
as if anything at all were possible
between them
across that small gulf
in the high sea
of this democracy

I hope you understand that Flesh and the others.
It speaks about the 'American Dream'. Freddy's House is run by some gamers, its a community site. You seem to think that you have a right to be here, and you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom