Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i have a feeling if damini were back my days would be numbered.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Anyways, I'm going back to the old BW. Where I could actually post things without being warned, and having my post count reset.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
i have a feeling if damini were back my days would be numbered.
Which is the way it should be. Sadly, it isn't.

Flesh

Banned
To raise another serious point..
If it was about the bandwidth and spam.. how come the post counts went.. but the posts remained?
Surely having a number next rpreentative of the post count doesn't take up so much bandwidth?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Flesh said:
To raise another serious point..
If it was about the bandwidth and spam.. how come the post counts went.. but the posts remained?
Surely having a number next rpreentative of the post count doesn't take up so much bandwidth?

Because when people can see their post counts, they spam more.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:
Which is the way it should be. Sadly, it isn't.

you still have no reason to why i should be banned from this new forum :)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
btw where can you view your own post count, and how many posts does it take to earn the respective titles?

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
you still have no reason to why i should be banned from this new forum :)
Because of your behaviour on the old forum. Clean slate my ass.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:
Because of your behaviour on the old forum. Clean slate my ass.

this is a new forum, imagine if the uo forum banned me for what i did on bw? :(

too bad they already banned me for other reasons

pez

Can't get enough of FH
i think Bels is doing a very good job so far and i am more than happy for it to continue

i certainly don't object to any of the bannings so far although it would be nice to know why people are banned. would that be possible at all?

Belsameth

Tainted
ofcourse, you can always send me a PM.

Sissyfoo already started modbaiting yesterday, and did it again today. Del seems obvious.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
you should see the list of warnings we have in our mod forum. sadly those that were warned generally didn't repeat themselves (except for 1 or 2 exeptions, who got banned)

Huh? If a warning fixes the problem, how is that bad? ;)

Belsameth

Tainted
Thorarin said:
Huh? If a warning fixes the problem, how is that bad? ;)

oh, I agree. but a warning isn't visible to the rest of the forums which makes it hard to judge for other people how much we do or don't do. some seem to forget that, as a huge part of this thread shows.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes, of course... Much like how people assume all GOA personel is spending their days in the local bar in between patch days ;)

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
You're missing the point. I'm talking more about threads being locked. We get threads locked in Excal OT every day, RvR threads are rarely, very rarely, locked. Whether people agree with me or not, that's up to them.

Surely you can see you're doing something wrong when this many people have left already.

You've taken the essence of BW, everything that made it fun to post in, and ruined it. If you can't see that this forum isn't even in the same league as BW, well... what can I do. You can keep denying it for as long as you want, but this is the quietest the forums have ever been, and I think that speaks volumes.

Changes are fine, but this isn't a change, this is a complete rework of BW, and I really don't see why, considering BW was fine as it was. Sure, there was spam, but what forum doesn't have spam?

You can't try to make this forum into some sort of utopia, it won't work.

On the second day these forums have been active... there's probably been more complaints from us OT'ers about the state of this forum than BW ever had;

saltymcpepper said:
this forum is bollocks.
im not giving up nearly a days wages (for an aprentice) for one line of text near my name. which i allready had.
bull shit.

this forum is shit.
its ugly, and hard to read.
fuck it.

bye

saltymcpepper said:
you noobs can have your fucking gay FH forum and begin spamming, im staying here, on my own if it is.
those new forums are complete wank, doesnt feel like bw at all to me.
everyone spamming to get these uber new titles which mean fuck all to me.
i hate you all.
IM GOING DOWN WITH THIS SHIP!

Sissyfoo said:
Amen bruvver!

FoXeH said:
im with salty ;O)

Sissyfoo said:
I noticed that Bels has gone mental in Excal OT, closing topics left right and centre. :/

BlitheringIdiot said:
What the fuck have they done.

I refuse to register on that forum.

Sissyfoo said:
Yea...the mods have gone mental in an attempt to make a forum utopia. Its completely fucked up over there.

Not to mention the countless PM's I've received, and the people who posted shit to deliberately get banned from here, and, of course, my posts.

Like I said, in the end, you'll be left with k9, ST, and a few others.
I can imagine what fun that will be.

Good luck with moderating this place, not that you'll have much to moderate by the time everyone's left 'cause of your 'gun-ho' approach to tackling the problems this forum has.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Good riddance Coim and the gang, I will surely not miss any of you.

As for Bels, everything she has done so far is well within the rules, and tbh, she's been too kind with you lot.

RULES !!! Get it through your thick head. Cope or go away.

Ziva

Fluffy
Coim said:
You're missing the point.

I think you are missing the point. These forums are not owned by you or me, these forums are owned by the people that formed Freddyshouse. They have certain rules on these forums and mods are trying to moderate as best as possible according to these rules and their own judgement.

There isn't a sharp line between what is right and what is wrong, these isn't a book where every single detail has been lined out, there is just the CoC and our own judgement. Our judgement however can be wrong offcourse, afterall everyone makes mistakes, you are free to talk to us about it and we will listen but that does not imply you will be right at all times.

Same as the posts you showed me when i asked you to give examples. Most posts u mentioned were dead or made before i was appointed moderator and other posts i just disagreed with you. However, as i told you, i did see your point on some so please don't think RvR section is not moderated cause it is.

However, every forum has it's own mood and posters, so it needs a different treatment and specific moderating and i think you are missing that. Offcourse the CoC is the same for every forum, but some forums (like OT) have far more freedom then other forums. In RvR people whine more but that is because this forum is visited by all 3 realms so ingame fights tend to get fighted on forums aswell. OT forums have a higher tolerance degree but this doesn't imply it needs no moderating at all.

It's really too bad you seem to keep expressing the "Me" against "them" feeling cause it's not like that. We all want the same thing, nice readable-for-all-ages forums that are used for usefull information and also permit fun and laughs.

Ziva

Fluffy
Loxleyhood said:
Problem is though you can't talk to the moderators.

I think all moderators are very reasonable people and most people don't seem to have a problem talking with us, only a small group of people seem to have different opinions on what should or should not be permitted on these forums and they keep trying to see how far they can go to get a warning or be banned. That's not using the forums for what they are made for, that's just annoying people for "entertainment".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom