Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flesh

Banned
I don't see why the arguement has changed to debating "+1" posts, when the reason Coim and I had our posts reset was for conversing..
Correct me if I'm wrong..I thought that was the idea of a forum.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
mods should be elected imo
They are, by other mods. Which is still stupid. I agree, it should be put to a vote.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
you were the scapegoats imo, like the christians in rome, and the jews in nazi germany

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:
They are, by other mods. Which is still stupid. I agree, it should be put to a vote.

lol yeah ok, then we see someone like Salty become mod. Don't get me wrong, salty is a mate. But as a mod.. heh. Leave it to the mods tbh.

Cyfr

Banned
Flesh said:
I don't see why the arguement has changed to debating "+1" posts, when the reason Coim and I had our posts reset was for conversing..
Correct me if I'm wrong..I thought that was the idea of a forum.
Correcting...

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
3. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

Forums are for discussion, IRC is for chating. If you can't see the difference, well...

Belsameth

Tainted
that's the reason why there isn't a vote. it would turn into a popularity contest, something which modding isn't about.

Flesh

Banned
Having a conversation is a punishable offence?
Posting arguably nazi comments/pictures= "tehwin" ?;o

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
lol yeah ok, then we see someone like Salty become mod. Don't get me wrong, salty is a mate. But as a mod.. heh. Leave it to the mods tbh.
No, then we get someone like Pin being mod. Why can't the mods pick... say... 4 candidates who they think are reasonable, and do a poll?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
some people don't have access to IRC, should they be discriminated against and refused membership within the DAOC community?

Cyfr

Banned
Fedaykin said:
some people don't have access to IRC, should they be discriminated against and refused membership within the DAOC community?
no you have ingame chat :)

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
that's the reason why there isn't a vote. it would turn into a popularity contest, something which modding isn't about.
Coim said:
Why can't the mods pick... say... 4 candidates who they think are reasonable, and do a poll?
Perhaps?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
bels, since you and maybe tilda seem tobe the only active mods, what are the other few upto?

Belsameth

Tainted
Coim said:
Then tell Belsameth she's wrong.

would I actually bother to discuss it here if I was so afraid somebody thought I was wrong? or would I have bothered to reset your postcount, instead of suspending you? I thought not :)

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva's always quiet, and I assume Flimgoblin hasn't logged on BW in a while, being the holiday season and all.

Belsameth

Tainted
Fedaykin said:
bels, since you and maybe tilda seem tobe the only active mods, what are the other few upto?

looking after BW (Tilda and Ziva) and Flim is on vacation.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
would I actually bother to discuss it here if I was so afraid somebody thought I was wrong? or would I have bothered to reset your postcount, instead of suspending you? I thought not :)
I don't understand. Cyfr or whatever posted a quote, which totally contradicted your post.

I was always under the impression that a forum was a place to chat. I have been chatting. Therefore I haven't done anything wrong.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
I still think Lox was by far the best choice for moderator.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
coim you have been spamming not just chatting, dont pretend you never put an effort into increasing post count

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't. I posted because I had nothing better to do, so I chatted. I may have 'put an effort' into my raising my post count on BW, but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom