FAO Eclipse

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
ROLL A CLERIC

I rolled a druid; same class basically.

try it instead of rolling something and complainimg about lack of support. U want support-classes? PLAY THEM

It also has the bonus that your group never lacks a cleric....

And approx 25k in such a run aint bad RP. Just put some effort in it. If Hibs can find 2 druids; Albs can find 2 clerics.

It aint rocket-science; but yes if you all make infil alts and stuff things dont get better.

And you're rolling infils because U cannot get 'good group' ... WELL DUH!!!

Rolled an Inf as 1st char before they were good and fotm years ago it is my main, i have a sorc, i have a mincer and have a cleric so i have plenty of support classes. Played my cleric to half way thru rr4 lvl 5 in proper rvr, but still no good if theres only 1 of you which is often the case.

Its often to see alb grps saying we need a Sorc, when i play my sorc, its always we need a cleric. Problem is there isnt enough of them in albion.

The majority of classes that'll u'll see wanting and needing grps is pallys, when ideally any alb grp only wants one.
Paladins are about as useful as Thanes in grps except for there end chant, yeah there a good class in solo fights, but the lack of Det makes them utter shite really for RvR and i think if another class had some End utility pallys would be at the bottom of the RvR pecking order.

Got a random grp invite the other day, joined the grp - 5 pallys - quit the grp.

The main probelm for these shortages is that for some reason ppl dont like playing clerics in RvR? I personally quite enjoyed it in a good grp. Also alot of alb classes arent wanted either PvE or RvR. Paladins for instance - Every 1 rolls them because they think there uber etc they all want to play them in RvR also but ideally there isnt the same demand as there is in PvE. Same as Sorc's - most grps would rather have a mincer in PvE so sorcs are left to there own devices lvling.

It all stems back to class utility, where-by alb gets shafted with much more spread utility as there isnt many of the essential classes CC Healers Speed. Hib - Bard = speed + CC + ghetto heals in 1, Midgard - Healer = CC + healer.

Just means that its alot easier for the other realms to make more balanced grps as they're classes are both wanted in PvE + RvR duely.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
Kreig if you played your inf this thread wouldn't of been made 8]]]

Started playing my inf again 2day, its ok but emain is bright and hurts my infs eyes :D, having played both sides of the coin its much more fun playing in a decent grp. But thats possible nowdays with the Inf/scout/mincer zerg :eek: , i always favour(ed) solo play as a stealther and its always how i envisaged a stealth class to be played not like the packs of RP horney Hiennas, Jackles and Vultures we have today.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Can I whine about savage groups and about sos? Please?
It's not very funny to be a random hib when BO or Maelstrom or Everlast or PE are running about in emain. It just sucks to not be part of a fixed opted group. Cuz if you're not in, you're out. Wish it was more fun for casual rvr'ers tbh.

tilde

One of Freddy's beloved
They were defending the realm for fish's sake!

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
I wasnt complaining about getting zerged for being solo or anything like that, i always try to get grps at apk. The point your missing is that its offpeak hrs, you often cant run opted grps at these times so i dont mind running in random grps, but when you face opted grps offpeak u lose without a chnace.

so what ur rly whining about is that u cant do what they can?

oh no, wait, Im sure u wouldnt do it if u could........

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I was the one that gathered people together for that "opted" group that you mentioned, reason behind it was that there just happened to be the right blend of peeps on my /friends list to form the group. Figured there might be some good enemies around like there were around the same time the previous days, PE etc. were running a group from around mid-day, the day or so before this group. If anyone should be whining, it should be us, as you lot didnt put up a good enough showing! :x :twak:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kreig said:
Rolled an Inf as 1st char before they were good and fotm years ago it is my main, i have a sorc, i have a mincer and have a cleric so i have plenty of support classes. Played my cleric to half way thru rr4 lvl 5 in proper rvr, but still no good if theres only 1 of you which is often the case.

Its often to see alb grps saying we need a Sorc, when i play my sorc, its always we need a cleric. Problem is there isnt enough of them in albion.

And how come Albion dont have enough essential classes? At the moment there is 344 Albion level 50 cleric's on Prydwen (guilded). There are 240 Hibernian level 50 druid's on Prydwen.

If there aint enough clerics, which I dont believe tho, perhaps time to make one ? Not personally to you; but to those Infiltrators etc

The majority of classes that'll u'll see wanting and needing grps is pallys, when ideally any alb grp only wants one.
Paladins are about as useful as Thanes in grps except for there end chant, yeah there a good class in solo fights, but the lack of Det makes them utter shite really for RvR and i think if another class had some End utility pallys would be at the bottom of the RvR pecking order.

So all those paladins just sit at the TK waiting for this 1 perfect group to come by who says 'We're looking for a paladin and we're looking for YOU!'. Well; no that aint gonna happen....

It all stems back to class utility, where-by alb gets shafted with much more spread utility as there isnt many of the essential classes CC Healers Speed. Hib - Bard = speed + CC + ghetto heals in 1, Midgard - Healer = CC + healer.

Just means that its alot easier for the other realms to make more balanced grps as they're classes are both wanted in PvE + RvR duely.

Well the last sentence is pretty much bollocks when you look at Hibernia. PvE in Hibernia consists for alot out of 'Enchanter, Mentalist/Druid, Enchanter/Eldritch/Enchanter/Eldrtich, bard' setups. Heroes, wardens, champions, blademasters, valewalkers, etc etc offer nothing rlly at a focuspull group. Yet they manage to level. Albion surely has it not harder on this point.

For our 'opted' group no matter how you turn it; we gonna need 2 druids, 1 warden, 1 bard, 1 hero is pretty much 5 spots which we need to assign. After that you can choose melee/magic. Still need to fill 5/8 of the group with essential-classes with a specific role and then 3 are either BM,BM,BM or Caster-setup. Hows this exactly different in Albion? Its not that different in the end mate.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
For our 'opted' group no matter how you turn it; we gonna need 2 druids, 1 warden, 1 bard, 1 hero is pretty much 5 spots which we need to assign. After that you can choose melee/magic. Still need to fill 5/8 of the group with essential-classes with a specific role and then 3 are either BM,BM,BM or Caster-setup. Hows this exactly different in Albion? Its not that different in the end mate.

To run opted group with abilities your classes have... 2 clerics, sorc, mini, theurg, pally. That leaves just 2 spaces for dmg dealers and when you think that the extra chanter bring 500-800dmg per nuke it is alot of difference :p

But aye i had enough of these opted only grps, true on my main character i run opted or solo only really, however i still have thought for them non opted classes, just the other day playing my sorc grp'd up 2infs, 1scout, 1reaver, cleric, mini and a pally. what a ubeh grp :eek: still wiped 1fg of hibs with it and took out 3 members of a savage grp setup with duel PA and critshot from scout taking out a healer at start in short time savages mezzed :eek:

It is viable to run non fotm if you try avoid the best fotm enemy grp's, just wish some more people would continue to do so and not only when they zerg :(
Problem is it build into people to run only fotm now and even guilds refusing to group with fellow members unless they make fotm.

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
Dont quite what your saying there, if its that im a MPK camper quite funny cos i rarely RvR in emain, so dunno where u got that from if thats what u mean to say?

Well just last night u and like 10 more stealthers was camping MpkE so dont even try. i know couse i was there. :eek:
Mpk campers makes me wanna :puke:

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
Do u find it fun to camp amg > apk farming a few solo ppl and the odd fool hardy grp?

This isnt a whine that you run opted grps, but when it completely kills of Casual RvR, it isnt even primetime yet. So this is more of a whine that you run opted grps off primetime.
All that happens is ppl just dont play and so you get biten in the ass eventually just takes longer.

Basically this is a whine about 1FG running an opted group off prime time.

WHATS NEXT ?

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
It is viable to run non fotm if you try avoid the best fotm enemy grp's, just wish some more people would continue to do so and not only when they zerg :(
Problem is it build into people to run only fotm now and even guilds refusing to group with fellow members unless they make fotm.

Id say about 90% of the time our guild doesnt run opted groups this isnt a deliberate choice its just that we want to include as many people as possible no matter what their class. Usually its 2 clerics and a mini, then see what we can get, sometimes its 1 cleric and err... what ever else. Providing everyone knows what they are doing and pays attention we can hold our own, maybe we may struggle against the l337 kids, but they will always be there and besides rps dont = respect. Let them have their fun, i think its more impressive to wipe people with non opted groups.

Besides if we hear of the FOTM grps camping/ roaming wherever we try to patch together a couple of groups and zerg them cos we know they hate it.

Oh and we tend to avoid emain as much as possible, not because of the issue of competing against opted set ups. Its usually /who emain 80+ albs kind of puts us off going there

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
zergs? please do, nothing more fun than whiping 3fg of Alb lemmings with 1fg :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lannovar said:
Id say about 90% of the time our guild doesnt run opted groups this isnt a deliberate choice its just that we want to include as many people as possible no matter what their class. Usually its 2 clerics and a mini, then see what we can get, sometimes its 1 cleric and err... what ever else. Providing everyone knows what they are doing and pays attention we can hold our own, maybe we may struggle against the l337 kids, but they will always be there and besides rps dont = respect. Let them have their fun, i think its more impressive to wipe people with non opted groups.

Besides if we hear of the FOTM grps camping/ roaming wherever we try to patch together a couple of groups and zerg them cos we know they hate it.

Oh and we tend to avoid emain as much as possible, not because of the issue of competing against opted set ups. Its usually /who emain 80+ albs kind of puts us off going there

Agree to what you say here, apart from zergin the l33t's as i dont like zerging tbh, rather die and annoy them by killing savages so they not got bot buffd :p

/who emain distorted view, 25%-40% = stealthers, talking to groups of stealthers the onlytime they would take on a fg of enemy if the enemy was all RR1-RR2 :eek: so can remove them from equation

10-20% are buffbotts.

10% are annoying mg/pk campers that will die fast :p

And most the others will be roaming around. Just means that you got to be fast on the reaching enemy before them if you want to try get uninturrupted fight. And it helps to learn the routes that enemy groups run so that you increase chance of meeting them

so that 80 comes about 16-24 (often what see is 3 grp's roaming about and the said campers) so it isnt as bad as it looks, thou lately the /who emain been 140, the /who odins been 40-60 leaving just hw clearish and when run up there you rarely get an enemy unless a keeptake zerg arrives (or stealther one)

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
zergs? please do, nothing more fun than whiping 3fg of Alb lemmings with 1fg :D

We ususally only need 2grps to kill a chanter box, some people can do it with less, but as Ive said previously we are rarely opted. As long as you know what you are doing its not hard, no biggie really :eek:

Its just a pain that to compete non opted against a chanter grp we need this many.

I was gonna whine about the fact that hib only needs 3 classes to cover the total needs for a rvr setup, but its all been said and whine before ;)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
tilde said:
zerg back with 2-3fg of randoms, usually gives a good and fun fight

im serious!
albs dont use mid tactics ;p

Puppet said:
And how come Albion dont have enough essential classes? At the moment there is 344 Albion level 50 cleric's on Prydwen (guilded). There are 240 Hibernian level 50 druid's on Prydwen.
half of our cleric are bb ? ;o

Puppet said:
Well the last sentence is pretty much bollocks when you look at Hibernia. PvE in Hibernia consists for alot out of 'Enchanter, Mentalist/Druid, Enchanter/Eldritch/Enchanter/Eldrtich, bard' setups. Heroes, wardens, champions, blademasters, valewalkers, etc etc offer nothing rlly at a focuspull group. Yet they manage to level. Albion surely has it not harder on this point.

look like the only way to lvl is focuspull in hib lol
and hibs got the best setup with class so dont compare with alb imo ;o

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:

If there aint enough clerics, which I dont believe tho, perhaps time to make one ? Not personally to you; but to those Infiltrators etc

Aye well i guess that much could be said, i dont think many albs respect any of these necro pLed infs. Just have to what till toa where only a select diehard % of the stealthers will stick it out i guess.

Puppet said:
So all those paladins just sit at the TK waiting for this 1 perfect group to come by who says 'We're looking for a paladin and we're looking for YOU!'. Well; no that aint gonna happen....

No i guess they sit/stand around for a bit then form up a crap grp, then they just go die because they have no Det, and theycant deal enough dmg effectively in a grp with a large bais of them.
I'd love to play my pally in a grp but i dont much these days mainly because there 10 a penny and there are other classes like sorc/mincer that are more needed.

Puppet said:

Yea but the point i was making which u fail to realise is that those are key utility classes - Mezzer/Speed/End-Power Regen/Healing. So what you get an over spill of chanters, i dont hear you lot complaining about the 600 - 800 dmg you nuke us for. The point is albion has some classes that have Lepourousy when it comes to PvE and theres plenty the same in RvR. To get the same utility needed we need Pally/Sorc/Mincer/Cleric so thats double what you need before you talk about speciality classes such as PBT + Disease. To which point alb grps rarely have a Cabalist because they have nothing else to offer which makes there spot big enough to sacrific the spot of a dmg dealer.

If your telling me that opted grps still use Champ's ur laughing right, Det has killed them off pretty much same as other hybrids of all realms.

Will be interesting when we get patched to see how hibs xp without there beloved focus grps at fins, exp on easy mode disabled. But it will have a posiative effect on the realm because it should bring in more tanks into grps thus fixing you shortage of tanks. still alb is shafted when it comes to utility tho.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Jarakin said:
I was the one that gathered people together for that "opted" group that you mentioned, reason behind it was that there just happened to be the right blend of peeps on my /friends list to form the group. Figured there might be some good enemies around like there were around the same time the previous days, PE etc. were running a group from around mid-day, the day or so before this group. If anyone should be whining, it should be us, as you lot didnt put up a good enough showing! :x :twak:

Mayb a few of them had some time off work etc, cos its not a regular occurance, most opteds run in the evening because of rl constrants - jobs/kids etc
Doesnt mater have started playing inf again so if theres fotm and nothing but randoms which are gunna die in 10 seconds flat will play inf in those times so im not worried :)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Lannovar said:
We ususally only need 2grps to kill a chanter box, some people can do it with less, but as Ive said previously we are rarely opted. As long as you know what you are doing its not hard, no biggie really :eek:

Its just a pain that to compete non opted against a chanter grp we need this many.

I was gonna whine about the fact that hib only needs 3 classes to cover the total needs for a rvr setup, but its all been said and whine before ;)

boasting about being able to kill a fg of chanters with "only" 2fg of guildies....
i assume it was HDS or another similar standard rvr guild...

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
If your telling me that opted grps still use Champ's ur laughing right, Det has killed them off pretty much same as other hybrids of all realms.

So true! :m00:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Tindel said:
Mjollner, problem solved

this is true, if mids used this more, a lot more hibs would show up, because they wouldn't die as much ;)

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
boasting about being able to kill a fg of chanters with "only" 2fg of guildies....
i assume it was HDS or another similar standard rvr guild...

If u refer to my previous post i was refering to the fact that we tend to run non opted rvr grps, grp on grp we tend to struggle against the opted l337 kids, anyone else we tend to hold our own. So I was saying that we normally are able to handle a pbae box with 2fgs, im not bragging, just merely pointing out that not all non opted non l337 alb grps are lemmings to be farmed, its just apain that unless you got the right class set up you will struggle 1 on1 (without buffbots too).

I was ultimately referring to Corrans post of the desire to move away from the opted setup.

Anyway TOA will sort this out, soon to be gone are the days of 1 grp prawning 4. Bodes better for those of us who dont play 20 hours a day and are rr 9+.

People are saying TOA will kill the game, personally I doubt it, it may kill the opted RVR guilds, but i think a lot of people will agree thats not a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom