FAO Betrams, Shamealot, Mixt and Eponiare.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
It's a bit hypocritical when certain people preach about fair play and respect when they know they zerged and added plenty in the past.

I guess time washes away all sins and a person should be defined by their current actions rather than those of their past....people do, after all, have the capacity to change their ways.

Still, people in glass houses and all that... ;)

Can people PLEASE start to quote the person they're talking to so people don't get the wrong idea?

And to Bertrams ^^

Lovely post mate, it just made me realise I was right all along :)

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
A neccesary evil?

Question: I've just dinged 50 on my sb and want to earn some rps, I don't like adding, but know I can't compete against the solo crowd, so what do I do?

The only options open are zerg surfing or adding, what have our esteemed colleagues here done between RRs 1-5?

p.s Brite your hib group rolled me the other night, grrr :fluffle:

Everz

FH is my second home
Question: I've just dinged 50 on my sb and want to earn some rps, I don't like adding, but know I can't compete against the solo crowd, so what do I do?

The only options open are zerg surfing or adding, what have our esteemed colleagues here done between RRs 1-5?

just solo m8, rvr is usually good, made up to 2l3 today

C

Carss

yeh was a bit strange i was looking and saw fen, i was thinking hmmmm is that fen or is that the gimp skald with the sameish name, oh its fen what the hell.. errr guys .... oh nvm hes dead, check to see if you were on msn but not :( disbanded group about 10 minutes later due to no rvr action but bridge camping anyway :p

as for dinging up the low ranks i ran with my hunter with 35+rr upto rr5 so a bit gimped and full sword even when assassins debuff was full strength and ran in the solo zone and soloed exclusivly, rarely duoing with friends which rarely worked out due to other stealthers having superiour zerging skills :p Solo i even supprised myself at times taking down rr11 tanks i considered myself to have no chance against and it was so much better having soloed up the ranks being able to open up targets to attack you previously wouldnt have tried plus it allows you to learn a lot better, now i pretty much give anything a shot. Id give it a shot solo for a while, try find places that are not so busy and where people might respect 1 v 1 fights, i can say from recent experience there are respectable people out there you could have some good fights against.

Kinag

Part of the furniture

Duo with a friend, but try not to duo down soloers who you know would play fair against you or something like that.

I've soloed pretty much everything I got atm.

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
Well.... i must say i didnt enjoy the game at all this afternoon. I dont like duelling in a realm war game and i dont like being jumped by a stealther without any chance to survive. That leaves not much fun in the game at moments when there is no full group action. The duellers claim ther targets and dont accept small grps killing moving targets and the small grps get flamed from both sides over and over again.
If u can kill a grp of 3 players with a good templated melee char.. thats fine by me. If it was me killing 3 i would have a big laugh.
Kill some, get killed, its all in the game. I know that i only have a chance to defeat players in a grp, or when i can keep enough distance. As soon as u can come near me i am dead meat. Simple way to avoid this.. repec to mana and moc m to death.. but i enjoy the light grp spec too much to do that. So, when i die it is my own responsibility and i will never blame an enemy.

What does annoy me is that some of u think it is normal to insult other players on a forum like this. Do u really think that will help us respect u???? And do u really think that other players will respect ur playstyle when u keep on ruding and yelling???
I must say, Censi really tried to speak to me in a friendly way, but that was after some unfriendly confrontations, so i wasnt in the mood to discuss things anymore.

Personally, and this has nothing to do with playstyles or principles, i do not like it to interfere in a fight when i know that the 2 fighting peeps agreed to fight eachother. I dont like those duels, but when other people enjoy it, its fine by me. Therefore i have mixed feelings about what happened today.
But in a normal zergy situation (not this afternoon..), how can i know that it is an agreed duel or someone being jumped by a stealther??? Its a fifty fifty chance to get flamed or to get a "thank u for helping me out". As a caster i dont have the time to consider because i can be killed very fast, so i have to act very quickly. Therefore i adopted the red is dead playstyle because thats the best way to survive when u wear a cloth amour.

I still think GOA should have made an area where people cant form grps. An area especially for solo players. Ebenezer tried convince solo players in the passed to meet eachother away from crau bridge. But few showed up.
Over and over again we have asked not to duel near Crau because most grps start from there and loads of players cant see the difference between an agreed fight and a cold blooded murder. (rpg style :)

I have seen a lot of players who started their first rvr in Crau and were insulted by duellers when they added on their fights. I am sure that we can all agree that nobody wants that to happen in a game we all like to play.

Ebenezer has a point when he says that we need to solve this problem, otherwise we will end up running around in an empty game.
Personally i would be very happy if we can agree about reserving a special area for duelling and soloing like Agramon is for 8 vs 8 fights.
Suggestions are welcome.
And if u want to keep on insulting (no matter what playstyle u have), be my guest, but it only proves that u dont want to solve the problem at all.

Shame.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It's a bit hypocritical when certain people preach about fair play and respect when they know they zerged and added plenty in the past.

I guess time washes away all sins and a person should be defined by their current actions rather than those of their past....people do, after all, have the capacity to change their ways.

Still, people in glass houses and all that...

Its very easy to generalise :m00:

Some people just play how they want to play ;)

I accept there are many addtards in daoc , but if someone in my realm adds on me fighting a fair 1v1 they can expect a bee in their ear quicksharp , and its funny when you put most to the question as to why they added that they cannot give a meaningful answer besides being a greedy skilless gimp :D

Oh well :puke:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Well.... i must say i didnt enjoy the game at all this afternoon. I dont like duelling in a realm war game and i dont like being jumped by a stealther without any chance to survive. That leaves not much fun in the game at moments when there is no full group action. The duellers claim ther targets and dont accept small grps killing moving targets and the small grps get flamed from both sides over and over again.
If u can kill a grp of 3 players with a good templated melee char.. thats fine by me. If it was me killing 3 i would have a big laugh.
Kill some, get killed, its all in the game. I know that i only have a chance to defeat players in a grp, or when i can keep enough distance. As soon as u can come near me i am dead meat. Simple way to avoid this.. repec to mana and moc m to death.. but i enjoy the light grp spec too much to do that. So, when i die it is my own responsibility and i will never blame an enemy.

What does annoy me is that some of u think it is normal to insult other players on a forum like this. Do u really think that will help us respect u???? And do u really think that other players will respect ur playstyle when u keep on ruding and yelling???
I must say, Censi really tried to speak to me in a friendly way, but that was after some unfriendly confrontations, so i wasnt in the mood to discuss things anymore.

Personally, and this has nothing to do with playstyles or principles, i do not like it to interfere in a fight when i know that the 2 fighting peeps agreed to fight eachother. I dont like those duels, but when other people enjoy it, its fine by me. Therefore i have mixed feelings about what happened today.
But in a normal zergy situation (not this afternoon..), how can i know that it is an agreed duel or someone being jumped by a stealther??? Its a fifty fifty chance to get flamed or to get a "thank u for helping me out". As a caster i dont have the time to consider because i can be killed very fast, so i have to act very quickly. Therefore i adopted the red is dead playstyle because thats the best way to survive when u wear a cloth amour.

I still think GOA should have made an area where people cant form grps. An area especially for solo players. Ebenezer tried convince solo players in the passed to meet eachother away from crau bridge. But few showed up.
Over and over again we have asked not to duel near Crau because most grps start from there and loads of players cant see the difference between an agreed fight and a cold blooded murder. (rpg style :)

I have seen a lot of players who started their first rvr in Crau and were insulted by duellers when they added on their fights. I am sure that we can all agree that nobody wants that to happen in a game we all like to play.

Ebenezer has a point when he says that we need to solve this problem, otherwise we will end up running around in an empty game.
Personally i would be very happy if we can agree about reserving a special area for duelling and soloing like Agramon is for 8 vs 8 fights.
Suggestions are welcome.
And if u want to keep on insulting (no matter what playstyle u have), be my guest, but it only proves that u dont want to solve the problem at all.

Shame.

Good post :)

What annoyed me was that I was fighting another nightshade when I noticed you came running at me (think it's the second time you added on me), I managed to finish him off and ran out of view for you but you got your stun off but, couldn't keep on nuking as you couldn't see me :p

I survived your first nuke and I did manage to kill you and I did indeed /rude at you cause I Found it un-necessary to add on a fight like that and I just assumed you found the joy in doing so as you had been doing it all morning.

What you wrote though is true, but it's getting rather annoyed when your champion chased me far far away from crauch area after your group decided to add. I turned around when I saw another inf had popped you and I managed to get the champ to 20'ish percent and then your whole group came and healed him up and ganked me down.

I just fail to see how on earth it can be fun when it's basically grieving other players you know has a different playstyle than yourself, cause that is basically what you were doing when you chased me far off.

But all in all, a decent post and I do understand what you mean.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
What makes me laugh is all the alb pricks moaning..they should look at themselves before giving it out.

They have zerged shit out of everything from start of game.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
What makes me laugh is all the alb pricks moaning..they should look at themselves before giving it out.

They have zerged shit out of everything from start of game.

You're so fucking wrong mate, cause you're just generalising right now.

I haven't zerged the shit out of everything from the start of the game, it's not EVERY fucking alb who plays this server that do these things you know.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
shamealot you gotta admit it was funny as I was standing there talking to you about this whole add not add thing blablablablabla.... some 2hand crit blade PA'd you in the face (insta kill).. :)

actually though peeps were not dueling like you say.

but your post is vely sensible and to me tells me that your not an idiot. all I would ask is that your try and wait for the fight to end before you nuke my opponent... if you cant they well I cant complain too much because you have stated your case on a good way :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Originally Posted by fenrisan

I would disagree with that... you can zerg surf for sure and PA casters etc... make some RP's... but theres no need to add... At low RR a SB can claw in RP's very fast... you have to play agressive... have no hestiation to use whatever it takes to get the kill... as you progress you naturally start holding back a bit more.

And for sure the SB is a toon which can handle itself in the solo game versus the solo players... you need to play reasonably well and your need a reasonably solid suite... Im sure your capable of that...

its like anything though it doesnt just happen... you have to get out there and ply your trade (in a reasonably respectfull manner)... then the "solo" game (which is a big part of daoc now) will unravell itself to you and you can decide if this is what you want...

fear or being competative is something that should drive you to get better not drive you away though... thats a worrying thing to hear you say.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
shamealot you gotta admit it was funny as I was standing there talking to you about this whole add not add thing blablablablabla.... some 2hand crit blade PA'd you in the face (insta kill).. :)

actually though peeps were not dueling like you say.

but your post is vely sensible and to me tells me that your not an idiot. all I would ask is that your try and wait for the fight to end before you nuke my opponent... if you cant they well I cant complain too much because you have stated your case on a good way :)

Agree! :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie

Suggestions are welcome.

Shame.

Good post shame:) Good points and honesty all around. One big problem for people playing casters etc around the bridges are that they most of the time actually have no alternative then to kill a soloer now and then. You get jumped by all others with no pardon, and people will never respect you for respecting them^^
But i as a soloer wouldnt mind being killed at all if i did jump someone. What i would feel was a bit unesesary would be if someone nuked down my oponent when im having the upper hand on him or having a close fight. I would never insult anyone for it....nor would i be very angry, i would just think it would be a shame( not a joke about ur name!:p) .

Here on excalibur now it has also gone that far so that its two such clear camps. Not much people in the middle anymore. So its very infected. Its the people that likes dueling soloing, and the people that likes to zerg.
And people are expecting sooo much from eachother in both respect and playsyles hehe. Sometimes i smile when i read some of the posts.
I even slap myself sometimes for expecting people to behave a certain way when im fighting them.
Like in past people would have their good 1 vs 1 fight and salut that and eachother. Now its always someone saying.Wtf!!?? You used this and that on me...thats not a fair duel!!
So people created all these smalla expectations and rules now so that nothing is really fair anymore.
All people need to relax a bit and remember why they like the game. And try to be a bit less anal:p
/cheers.

C

Carss

Suggestions are welcome.

Shame.

The problem is the dueling was taking place down at the coast, so basically you are able to run past to the docks and go to albion and get some nice fights over there if you want to group. But you chose after making a big enough zerg to not get killed by any soloers to camp the drop off to simply gank anything upon its arrival. I don't understand why you bother to do this and dont go and find fights that might be less boreing and pointless. You even camped the drop off when later on there was group of albs camping the bridge.

If you are a solo caster and you dont add, soloers will not kill you, but because its you and you always run in and add people are going to see you, turn and come and kill you before you get a chance to kill them. As for not being able to take out several people on an eldritch your having a laugh arnt you, eldritches are one of the most overpowered casters in the game and great for taking out several opponents, especially at realm rank 10, god knows how you got there you play it so badly, oh yeh..... adding.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
because if he doesn't you nasty albs and mids will come and rape his goat and eat his children!

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is the dueling was taking place down at the coast, so basically you are able to run past to the docks and go to albion and get some nice fights over there if you want to group. But you chose after making a big enough zerg to not get killed by any soloers to camp the drop off to simply gank anything upon its arrival. I don't understand why you bother to do this and dont go and find fights that might be less boreing and pointless. You even camped the drop off when later on there was group of albs camping the bridge.

If you are a solo caster and you dont add, soloers will not kill you, but because its you and you always run in and add people are going to see you, turn and come and kill you before you get a chance to kill them. As for not being able to take out several people on an eldritch your having a laugh arnt you, eldritches are one of the most overpowered casters in the game and great for taking out several opponents, especially at realm rank 10, god knows how you got there you play it so badly, oh yeh..... adding.

Try to read my post next time about the way i specced the eldritch before u react. The light spec is not the overpowered part. The way u are reacting doesnt contribute to a solution at all. Again u make things personal, while i am trying to find a way to start an open and polite conversation.
Shame.

C

Carss

Try to read my post next time about the way i specced the eldritch before u react. The light spec is not the overpowered part. The way u are reacting doesnt contribute to a solution at all. Again u make things personal, while i am trying to find a way to start an open and polite conversation.
Shame.

You can talk all you want but until your actions change i really dont care.

And if you think Light is a bad spec line and that a light eldritch is hard to play and not the best caster spec in the game pretty much then thats just funny :p You really are a bad player and no wonder you have to add tbh.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
ae mezz, ns, stun and spec dd in one spec is bad brite!

On Topic: nice post shamealot, I appreciate your honesty.

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
You can talk all you want but until your actions change i really dont care.

And if you think Light is a bad spec line and that a light eldritch is hard to play and not the best caster spec in the game pretty much then thats just funny :p You really are a bad player and no wonder you have to add tbh.

Oh my god u really are very inexperienced in reading and understanding text lines. I did not write that light is a bad spec line, nor did i write that an eld is hard to play. I just stated that it isnt the best spec to play solo with! Stick to the text m8. In a grp fight a light eldritch does a lot of damage. Try to keep an eye on the deathblow list when there is a lot of grp action and then u will know why i like the light spec.
And... its not only my actions that can possibly change.. there are 2 parties here. The way u write this u are putting all the blame on the other side. Not a very good view to start a conversation with.

horlely

Fledgling Freddie
My god i like this Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game :worthy:

or i need to say Massively Singelplayer Online Role Playing Game :puke: ?

kivik

Part of the furniture

Nah, no need. You're on good way to turn the server into a Singleplayer server, keep it up.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Albs did that years ago zzz

Yeah, Only idiots play alb right?

Jeeez, I thought I was naive and narrowminded, but I guess that just sums up shitloads of others on these forums, eh?

censi

Can't get enough of FH

I dont think its fair to attirubute all forms of bad gamesmanship to the fact its an MMRPG... far to much QQ goes on here for sure... but a lot of that comes from the fact the game (which is potentially awsome fun) generally gets made unplayable by sub par players divorcing themselves and anything they encounter from the competative side of the game...

a fair proportional of the blaim can be directed at Mythic for not promoting whats good about daoc and discouraging whats bad... credit for making such a diverse game with really fun classes and bags of potential... but fuck me they have really made it too difficult to unlock this potential and to easy for lemons to just grief the shit out of the peeps looking to unlock some fun.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I dont think its fair to attirubute all forms of bad gamesmanship to the fact its an MMRPG... far to much QQ goes on here for sure... but a lot of that comes from the fact the game (which is potentially awsome fun) generally gets made unplayable by sub par players divorcing themselves and anything they encounter from the competative side of the game...

a fair proportional of the blaim can be directed at Mythic for not promoting whats good about daoc and discouraging whats bad... credit for making such a diverse game with really fun classes and bags of potential... but fuck me they have really made it too difficult to unlock this potential and to easy for lemons to just grief the shit out of the peeps looking to unlock some fun.

I must say I agree with what you're saying here, but can you please give me 10 different points of what they could have done different without it hurting the current player base who prefers these different times of playing enviroment and playing styles?

I know it's easy to put the blame on Mythic, but nobody can foresee the future, hence they've done what they think might be right in order to sustain the balance of playstyles.

At the moment it's not unplayable for the different players who prefer an other way of combat, but it's harder for ie. soloers than it is for those who prefer larger scale battles and just doesn't prefer to solo like we do.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Its players with your attitude that treat enemies like they are Npc's that make it your own little singleplayer game :m00:

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
haha this old chestnut falls from the tree again.

Everyone and that means all of you reading this have added in the past, why is it so wrong now.

Personally I don't give a crap, I've added and I've also watch probably in equal measure.

Its safe to say on my ranger I've watched more than added, but on my casters and lowbie RR chars I'll add because I need those rp's to get to the point where I can say 'fuck you don't add'

see my point?

We have different playstayles abusing eachother on FH will change all that for sure :)

Eble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom