Fallout 3

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
but surely having the mobs spot you after is much more funzor?

Will

/bin/su
Try it and see. They don't even get to turn around. But you do have to worry about his friends.

TdC

I have a very high energy weapons skill. I don't worry about much of anything. Unless it's like 6 deathclaws at once :/

taB

Part of the furniture
Took the pyromaniac feat at lvl 19 (I know its a lvl 12 or something) and now do 60 dmg with the Shish-kebab. Have got version 3 of the scematics too so it degrades really slowly. Have 100 melee and about 60 for each of the other weapon type skills. Maxed sneak / lockpick / hacking / repair.

Took me a while to realise that you can repair power armour with different types so you can wear whichever you like.

Items don't seem to degrade on my npc companion, can anyone else confirm this?

TdC

I was reading about it on the vault wiki. not sure if it will happen to me though, as I have no companion atm.

taB

Part of the furniture
I don't give her any good guns so she can't aggro anyone but it's nice to have someone carrying a fully repaired set of armour :)

Also, ammo weighs nothing so I keep it but she can carry my Minigun / Missile Launcher / Fatman.

TdC

apparently a Mr Gutsy can carry the most stuffs. depends on your karma status (eg good/bad/neutral) if it will follow you though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I try so hard to be bad, always stealing stuff and breaking in places, but I am good :(

taB

Part of the furniture
apparently a Mr Gutsy can carry the most stuffs. depends on your karma status (eg good/bad/neutral) if it will follow you though.

The trader who hangs around outside the Super Duper Mart has one for sale, he just doesn't like me :)

Ch3t - Just shoot some people, I went on two civilian popping sprees in Megaton pre-nuke and that set me up nicely on the bad route. They forgave me for it too ;)

Till I nuked 'em...

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
New content coming to Fallout next year.

This game is slowly growing on me, at first I thought it was a oblivion mod with guns but as I play it more the more I have come to like it, not to bothered by the main storyline was wandering around at the mo. managed to amass a huge fortune by looting everything that isn't tied down and selling it.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
went off the game but i'm back into it again and loving it on hard mode.. don't really consider myself far through the game.. main quest requires me to go rivet city. have been running around questing and punching old women in the face

Chilly

Balls of steel
anyone care to explain why NOT to buy the ps3 version? I've jut bought it and its great so far.

TdC

tbh playing FA3 on the couch seems a great idea. playing it at my pc is just one crash after another. thanks, nVidia :/

Chilly

Balls of steel
unlucky. I just spent two hours on my sofa in a duvet playing - good times.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Never had a problem with F3 and I have a 9600 GT not the best of Cards but runs the game without any problems or crashes at high res, mind you I haven't updated the drivers for months.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not at all Chilly, ps3 or 360 is the way to go with this game. It's simple with the control pad, all the hardcore fps players will moan at that, but it's not exactly a full on fps game.

The graphics look good enough at 720 or 1080p, and you get to sit on a couch like you said.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The main reason not to buy the ps3 version is the fact the the upcoming DLC will only be available on the PC and the Xbox. I belive that they fixed the early graphical issues via a patch.

TdC

it's either FA3 itself or my card. because I can play Dead Space for hours and hours with no probs at all I'm incined to think it's FA3, but who knows. Getting a new gfx card shortly so will report back!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Had some gfx issues with it on the PC, patched and upgraded to the latest catalysts, then it worked fine. No idea how well it works on nvidia drivers, but heard many horror stories.

TdC

my new card is an Ati actually, so I can do a direct comparison when it arrives. I'll let you know.

ofc, with my luck, FA3 will play fine and Dead Space will start crashing, but there you go :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just got this for 20 notes on Pus3. I'll let you know where it fits in the game queue that currently consists of Wipeout HD, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet and COD:WaW.

First however, back to the littlebigplanet!

TdC

FA3 still crashes with my brand spanking new 4870 :/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Rather than spend 150 quid on a gfx card spend 30 quid on the PS3 version? You dutchy lamer :)

Still loves ya though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Rather than spend 150 quid on a gfx card spend 30 quid on the PS3 version? You dutchy lamer :)

Still loves ya though.

The inferior version out of all 3?

No ty.

TdC

heh Bods, I'm so lagging behind in my PS3 games mate. I *still* have to complete Ninja Gaiden and am only playing WipeoutHD casually o0

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
FA3 still crashes with my brand spanking new 4870 :/

Damn shame, mine worked fine with the latest patch and the latest drivers. Just shows how crap Bethesda are at making PC games these days!

TdC

well, I am on the latest ATI drivers ofc, and I have FA3 through Steam, so in theory I'm always fully patched I suppose. Oh well. As predicted Dead Space works a charm though, which is disturbing for an EA game.....oh wait, it's working perfectly because I'm not playing it online; how silly of me </ea hater>

;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
well, I am on the latest ATI drivers ofc, and I have FA3 through Steam, so in theory I'm always fully patched I suppose. Oh well. As predicted Dead Space works a charm though, which is disturbing for an EA game.....oh wait, it's working perfectly because I'm not playing it online; how silly of me </ea hater>

;)

I had trouble with my 3870x2 on Fallout 3 until the last patch.. just random crashes.

Works great now thou.

TdC

hmm does steam auto-patch or do I have to tell it? I'll check what version of FA3 I am running when I get home...

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Normally it auto-patches, but a few times I've had to tell it to download updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom