Fallout 3

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought it on steam last night. Downloaded now. next week off work!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know if I buy FO3 here I can add it to Steam and play without the disc in the drive? Seems a little silly to pay 7 quid more for a download only.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone know if I buy FO3 here I can add it to Steam and play without the disc in the drive? Seems a little silly to pay 7 quid more for a download only.

I've just tried it, you still need the dvd in the drive.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've actually found a way around that. It appears if you install the game from setup.exe and avoid the autorun launcher, it doesn't install SecuROM. After installing, run the game from the fallout exe, not the launcher and you don't even need the disc.

I'll be trying this when my copy arrives.

Info found here.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah I never needed the disc with my Retail copy. Just config it with the autorun app, close it then launch it directly from the fallout3.exe: No CD check!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just completed the Addon it could have been better but it is still worth getting if you love the game.

Chilly

Balls of steel
garage above vault thingy where you have to go underground to find the door.

And im FUCKED OFF for not getting the new content on ps3. Very annoyed about that.

Aada

Part of the furniture

And im FUCKED OFF for not getting the new content on ps3. Very annoyed about that.

heh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just went to download this from Steam - 45 euros! Fuck that, I can order it from GAME and even with international P&P its still 2/3 the price.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but then you have to wait for it.

I don't mind paying a little extra on steam I don't have the hassle of finding the CD when I want to play something.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Still, it's pretty shit that a digital copy is more expensive than a retail copy. I understand that there are costs for them providing the digital content but the Steam prices are unjustified.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I only buy from Steam if the cost is a couple of quid difference.

Fallout 3?

My local GAME are selling the lunch box collectors edition for £25 and they have quite a few as well.

Tesco's sell the standard game for around £24.

Yeah the advantage is you can play it as soon as you have downloaded it but at the price they are selling stuff at the moment compared to Boxed versions is pretty insane.

Take DOW2 for example.. 35 fecking quid no ty mr steam.

I guess there is always some idiot that is too impaitent but happy to spend more on a digital version then a boxed version :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Never mind eh. At least your console survived playing the original.

In fact! That's why Fallout 3 is so much better on 360. The game lasts longer cos you keep having to send the console back to MS for a fortnight halfway through!

Lolzers.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Never really understood Steam's pricing recently, take Empire TW it around £24 in Play or Amazon but its £39.99 on Steam.
If they want to be competitive in the UK Market they really have to rethink their pricing.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Never mind eh. At least your console survived playing the original.

In fact! That's why Fallout 3 is so much better on 360. The game lasts longer cos you keep having to send the console back to MS for a fortnight halfway through!

Lolzers.

Meh. So MS have to resort to monopolosing the market to sell their sub-par, low quality hardware. *****. Absolute *****.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
mëh I con't complete the game as when I try to enter the rotunda at the final bit it crashes. I have Sarah Lyons and the friendly SM with me, and I've tried telling him to stay put, but to no avail. Whichever door to the rotunda I open the game instantly crashes.

I'm trying to rectify the issue by redownloading and installing through steam :/

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i had that first time i played, reloaded a save of just before the Lyons Pride assault section , fixed it

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
reinstalling through Steam worked wonders and the ending was ok. now I wonder if my instability probs would have been solved from the get go if I'd have done it? cba redoing 60hrs of game again right now though :/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Question

I got this game last week and after not being that drawn in at the start, I'm now totally hooked. The problem is, I'm concerned that when I finish the main story quests it'll run the credits and that'll be that.

With that in mind, can anyone tell me (preferably without spoilers) if I can continue in the world once I've completed the main quest, or when the point of no return is? I'm currently
hanging out with the brotherhood. Dad's just killed himself with a bunch of enclave fuckos at the project purity plant.
I've discovered quite a chunk of areas, but not explored them fully and no doubt there's a tonne of quests left to find and do. I'd quite like to carry on with the story as I'm hooked, but won't do it if it means cutting off a massive chunk of the rest of the game.

Sar

Part of the furniture
The final mission is called "Take It Back!", so once you head to your objective there then there's no going back once you head through the final door.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, just what I need to know, thanks mate.

It does seem a bit silly that given the world is so massive, the game just stops after a certain mission. That said, a lot of other quality RPG's did the same - Star Wars: KotOR and Mass Effect spring to mind.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ah, just what I need to know, thanks mate.

It does seem a bit silly that given the world is so massive, the game just stops after a certain mission. That said, a lot of other quality RPG's did the same - Star Wars: KotOR and Mass Effect spring to mind.

Probabaly just to give you that feeling that you have 'completed the game'

taB

Part of the furniture
Yeah, hold off on the last bit. The third mini expansion pack is meant to tack on to the main quest and extend it whereas the first two just add to the body of the game.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
The final mission is called "Take It Back!", so once you head to your objective there then there's no going back once you head through the final door.

I'm pretty sure from what i remember it tells you this is it so make sure you've done all the shit you need to before carrying on.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh so hold on, should I be downloading the extra content before I finish too?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Not really, it's not as if you can't reload a slightly older save once you finish the game and go complete the dlc's.

Chilly

Balls of steel
yeah I have a save in front of that door and now several saves on a different branch of gameplay where I havnt completed the game but im level 20 with all sorts of goodies and lots of mapmarkers.

Also - has anyone else discoverd that eden place? LOL its fucked up.... (hint, middle of the map, north limit up in the border mountains up a windy marked path).

Very demented. Good fun tho and the reward seemed ok but I ditched it cos I didnt have space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom