EU servers to be run by mythic

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
Really hope they allow people to transfer their EU characters to Ywain

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Finnaly. :D

but as said, a bit to late. i got merried and just got a baby that dont work that good. :) anyawy i will renew if i can transfer all my chars from excal.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/3999.shtml

Question: should i renew my account before they take over or will my char still be abel to be transfered.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Probably too late for most

Today, it was announced that after eight years of operating Dark Age of Camelot in Europe, GOA’s license with Mythic Entertainment will soon expire and they will no longer publish or support the game.

Over the years, GOA has fostered a vibrant and dedicated community that is passionate about the game. In the coming weeks, GOA will be entrusting Mythic with this community of players.

We are currently working with GOA to take over operation of the game and its European community, and will soon be providing details about pressing player questions such as existing subscriptions, character transfers, game versions, localization, and more. We look forward to welcoming all players from the European servers and look forward to supporting them in the years to come.

While this closes one chapter for DAoC in Europe, a new one begins with a bright future of RvR ahead.

We’ll see you in the Frontiers!

Mythic Entertainment

Would be good if they did allow transfers though to get some of the german guild groups on Ywain....Rather than the typical Euro guild reroll US for 2 weeks then flop with excuses like "competition isn't good enough" etc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
t'll do more harm than good if they cluster every server possible into 1..... 8v8 simply will not happen due to the sheer zerg numbers.

That said bomb groups will make a come back.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
t'll do more harm than good if they cluster every server possible into 1..... 8v8 simply will not happen due to the sheer zerg numbers.

That said bomb groups will make a come back.

Even with 4 k pop like now on us its far from crowded in agra, else the good old sign on irc for a zone where 8 mans go is fine.

And gif char/account transfer plz!

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
:eek:

Surprising.

I would think there would be a new server in the works for this, since Ywain's already overworked with the current pop. Dunno how many actually still play on the GOA servers, but add those on top of Ywain and I can see that server keeling over. :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
There isn't any spare capacity on Ywain for players to transfer though?

Have to wait and see what solution they come up with.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Current scene hosts no 8v8 on the US servers. Atleast nothing that I've seen. Hardly ever bump into people in RVR.. Out of luck? Maybe. Would expect endless RVR on a 3000 people server, but noes.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder if anyone will resub for a month or so to farm empty Laby, TG, Sidi and Galladoria on EU ????

Hmmmmmmm ......

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder if anyone will resub for a month or so to farm empty Laby, TG, Sidi and Galladoria on EU ????

Hmmmmmmm ......

They aint up-to-date patch for that realy ... so not of any use :p

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
better late than never someone once said.... its finaly coming i am praying to god for a char transfer!

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
not sure if i would actualy bother with my toons from excal,already got mostly higher rr's on ywain already....

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
if they fix transfers from euro then i will start playing again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have been thinking about re-subbing daoc again on US servers soon. This news has pretty much convinced me :)

patching...

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah farming power myths on an empty dyvet inc...

Great news, but wtf to do meanwhile - playing rerolls of same toons from dyvet seems a bit of a waste. :(

Farhach

Fledgling Freddie
Its quite some action over there. And it will get way better if they allow transfer. The other day the server crashed several times, because there were too many playing at once. Once it exeeded 4010 (?) players, it went down. Some say they added a hard cap on it now, at 4000. If they can fix an easy way to transfer from EU to US, they will need a better server :)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
I have been thinking about re-subbing daoc again on US servers soon. This news has pretty much convinced me :)

patching...

Not having a dig just genuinely curious as to why Mythic taking over running EU servers would make you resub US?

Nate

FH is my second home
Does this mean Mythic will post here so we don't have to visit vnboards? This could have been posted here for instance!

Andy Mythic said:
Folks,

We'll have more information in the coming weeks about the details of the EU Takeback. Right now we're hashing out some granular details and want to make sure all of our ducks are in a row. What I can say is that our goal is to make this as seamless of a transition as possible for our European DAoC community.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Does this mean Mythic will post here so we don't have to visit vnboards? This could have been posted here for instance!
"EU Takeback", "our European DAoC community"

rofl nice language, they already talking like we're theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom