Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's great.

But there's more companies out there that will pay the minimum wage, which obviously isn't enough, because the Government are nicely asking people to pay more.
There are nearly 6,000 Living Wage Employers, including more than 1/3 of the FTSE 100 and household names including Ikea, Aviva, Nationwide and Everton FC.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There are nearly 6,000 Living Wage Employers, including more than 1/3 of the FTSE 100 and household names including Ikea, Aviva, Nationwide and Everton FC.

So still a minority.

You're still deflecting my point though, don't you think it should be enforced as a minimum wage when the Government themselves say that it's how much money you need to live?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So still a minority.

You're still deflecting my point though, don't you think it should be enforced as a minimum wage when the Government themselves say that it's how much money you need to live?
Seems a bit symbolic either way when you’re on a zero hour contract and end up doing ten hours in the week.

Vae

Resident Freddy
So still a minority.

The national Living Wage IS the minimum wage (well for 25 year old+ but a lot of companies don't discriminate)! There is a separate Living Wage calculated by the Living Wage foundation which is currently £9.30 (£10.75 in London).
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
Living Wage Foundation | For the real cost of living

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So still a minority.

There is a balance. In Places that are not london a lot of companies cannot afford to employ people in 10£ a year or more. Cause the money in the local economy is not there to support that. Perhaps there should be a minimum wage that the government make up the difference to after local factors are taken into account.
cleaners and lower skill jobs in Norway are remarkably well paid. But then the higher earner earn more and taxes and cost of living is greater.
Just paying people more does not solve everything. Its simplistic to think that rents and services will not increase in prices with it.
Its a balance between giving people what they need and giving them jobs in the first place.
Oh and to the other point zero hours contracts are a cancer.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Another quid an hour ain’t gonna make the difference:

23835133038_7e947701e3_b.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Another quid an hour ain’t gonna make the difference:

23835133038_7e947701e3_b.jpg
Better than nothing. Or perhaps everyone should get the same comrade? Or even no ne pays for anything?

how much should everyone get paid?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Better than nothing. Or perhaps everyone should get the same comrade? Or even no ne pays for anything?

how much should everyone get paid?
I think you are missing the point. £8.50 or £9.50 isn't much different if you only get 10 hours. You're not going to be on steak dinners.

Gwadien

Why did you say zero hour contracts are cancer, then in your next post criticise a post about it?

Anyway.

I suppose it's easy to suggest trickle down economics works when you're a director of a company. ;)

amalrightjack.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why did you say zero hour contracts are cancer, then in your next post criticise a post about it?

Anyway.

I suppose it's easy to suggest trickle down economics works when you're a director of a company. ;)

amalrightjack.
I'M a director of a company!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Anyway.

amalrightjack.
The company i am a director of is a cic and i take no pay from it. All the directors are volunteers

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Gwadien

so now everyone over 25 is getting 6.2% pay increase. And i get no money for creating jobs in my community. As wellas my 9-5 job where im a ic not a manager or director.

you got quiet

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Gwadien

so now everyone over 25 is getting 6.2% pay increase. And i get no money for creating jobs in my community. As wellas my 9-5 job where im a ic not a manager or director.

you got quiet
Swings and roundabouts Mori - mid and large corps are no longer willing to do business with small limited companies - so many thousands of us are getting the boot and the corps are taking the opportunity to punt the jobs abroad if they can. And the tories didn't even change any laws - just how they're implemented to do this. And they've known for ages what they're doing too... :\

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Look @Job, you got the result you wanted with the general election so will you please shut the fuck up about migrants and refugees - it's beyond annoying you bringing up the same old shit for muliple years now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well its your rag thats posting it.

They cant even look in the mirror now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, it's fucking YOU that's constantly hammering on about it. And what fucking for? What do you hope to achieve?

Job

Yes...what does the Guardian hope to achieve.

Blaming the messenger again.

Gwadien

@Gwadien

you got quiet

You're the mug for believing that trickle down economics works whilst you do a director job for free.

As soon as you realise the super rich are fucking everyone, the better.

The reality is that you could be doing far better, but you're content with the poor getting screwed over majorly because you think you're alright jack.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You're the mug for believing that trickle down economics works whilst you do a director job for free.

As soon as you realise the super rich are fucking everyone, the better.

The reality is that you could be doing far better, but you're content with the poor getting screwed over majorly because you think you're alright jack.
Trickle down economics doesnt work and i dont think i have ever said it doesn’t.

i know the super rich are staying rich. But the fact is I am doing something in the current structure that helps the old and poorer part of my local community.

the comment to @Wij was supposed to be about his comment that an extra quid isnt much. Not about the crap zero hours contracts. I agree 0 hours at 20 quid an hour is just as crap as crap can be.

Zero hour contracts only help one person and its not the employee in most cases.

still the increase in the minimum wage by 6.2% is a good thing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yes...what does the Guardian hope to achieve.

Blaming the messenger again.
You're not "the messenger", you're a provocateur who gets his jollies from trying to wind people up on the internet. The problem is you're really bad at it.

Job

Thats how bad its got, they dont even want to read the liberal press.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Such a cunt. You'd have thought your new years resolution would be "try not to be a cunt for a week".

Gwadien

What even was your original point about something about the Jews?

I'm not sure what you think the solution is, people are always going to try to get to a better life, it's going to get much worse if we continue to adopt an nationalistic isolationism approach to the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom