Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Shops shutting is not the tories fault thats mainly the rise in online shopping tbh.
Online shopping has obviously had an impact but the government has done the square root of fuck all to try and protect high street shops and this is definitely not something they can blame on Labour. French high streets are alive and kicking and online shopping is just as accessible here. All the big supermarkets offer delivery but there are laws in place to protect smaller shops - supermarkets aren't allowed to sell tobacco, lottery tickets or scratchcards etc so the newsagents do just fine.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Typical French social engineering.
Meanwhile the NF are constantly gaining in power as the country fills up with African migrants.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Finger on the xenophobic pulse as always.

If you were paying attention (and not just willing the far right to rise up by saying it over and over again) you'd know Le Pen hasn't gained a single percentage point in the opinion polls in the last year.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Online shopping has obviously had an impact but the government has done the square root of fuck all to try and protect high street shops and this is definitely not something they can blame on Labour. French high streets are alive and kicking and online shopping is just as accessible here. All the big supermarkets offer delivery but there are laws in place to protect smaller shops - supermarkets aren't allowed to sell tobacco, lottery tickets or scratchcards etc so the newsagents do just fine.

The UK has the highest level of online shopping in the world (both in per cap numbers of shoppers and spend per annum), France barely gets in the top twenty. The internet has had a huge impact on the UK high street, and protecting smokers and lotto tickets would have done fuck all to protect independents (print is dead, smoking is in terminal decline and 35% of Lotto sales are online in the UK, in France its about 15%). The other big killer in the UK is rents; commercial rents in the UK are ridiculous, and don't seem to obey the laws of supply and demand.

French-style protectionism is a mirage; retail occupancy is falling all over the world, its simply that the UK is ahead of the curve.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Points taken. The long and the short of it is that voting Tory isn't going to bring the high streets back to life.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Business rates are a problem as well, I used to get my bike serviced in Feltham and the place was actually spread across two separate shop fronts even though it was one business. I asked why the owner didn't knock through so both are connected, the simple answer was that making it one shop he said would make the business rates astronomical.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Johnson was not a good man —

He had his little ways.

He said bad things about Muslims

And worse things about gays.

And then there were his whoppers

About the Leave campaign:

The cash there’d be for the NHS,

The trade deals if we voted “yes”,

The end of all our national stress,

The “sovereignty” we’d gain.

Johnson was not a good man

And no good wife had he.

He left her for an acolyte

And a random shag or three.

He said he had five children,

Or maybe it was six.

Making numbers lie for him,

And Tory ladies cry for him,

And party members die for him,

Were some of Johnson’s tricks.

Johnson was not a good man,

He preyed on people’s fears.

He’d been out there bashing immigrants

For years and years and years.

But every year at Christmas

This boorish hairy lout,

Who sold the futures of the young

While slipping Tory girls some tongue,

Stole quietly upstairs and hung

A hopeful stocking out.

He lived his life aloof.

He sniggered at the poor and dim

While climbing up the roof,

To leave a begging note, addressed,

In hope of further glories,

“TO ALL AND SUNDRY —

NEAR AND FAR —

F. CHRISTMAS IN PARTICULAR.”

And signed it not “Prime Minist — ar”

But very humbly, “Boris”.

“I want some power,

Coz I’m feeling randy,

I think a sexy intern

Would come in handy.

I don’t mind power,

I do like money,

And I DO like a racist joke

Coz racism is funny.

And, oh! Father Christmas, if you respect my authority,

Bring me a big, blue, 80-seat Conservative majority.”

Johnson was not a good man,

He wrote this message out

And said, “if Santa doesn’t come,

I’ll have him knocked about

By some old rugger chums of mine,

Just like I did before

(The thing about us kings is

We are way above the law).

I don’t like povvoes

But I need their votes.

I don’t like little boys in corridors on coats.

I won’t do Andrew Neil because I’m scared to be alone,

And, oh, Father Christmas, if you take that tone,

I’ll disregard your questions and steal your phone.”

But, come election night,

Magic Grandpa came to see him,

Wreathed in beatific light.

You see, dear old Father Christmas

Was busy at the Pole,

So Corbyn took his reindeer

And across the sky he stole,

Dressed in red with Santa’s sack,

He slithered down the chimney stack

With all the votes he’d given back

And laid on Boris, after all,

The one great gift they didn’t call

(Even at the Tory ball):

The horrid power and authority

Of a big, blue, 80-seat Conservative majority.

AND, OH, MR CORBYN,

MY CURSES ON YOU FALL.

COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE GIVEN HIM

A BIG, RED,

INDIA-RUBBER

BALL

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So we legislate against the capitalist ideals of free trade to protect those who cannot compete.

We use the state to protect the irrelevant to make us feel better?

or we embrace the true meaning of capitalism and look for growth and profit

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The UK has the highest level of online shopping in the world (both in per cap numbers of shoppers and spend per annum), France barely gets in the top twenty. The internet has had a huge impact on the UK high street, and protecting smokers and lotto tickets would have done fuck all to protect independents (print is dead, smoking is in terminal decline and 35% of Lotto sales are online in the UK, in France its about 15%). The other big killer in the UK is rents; commercial rents in the UK are ridiculous, and don't seem to obey the laws of supply and demand.

French-style protectionism is a mirage; retail occupancy is falling all over the world, its simply that the UK is ahead of the curve.
From what i understand uk corporation tax is also pretty low compared to others around 26% or so.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Labour was never ever going to win.

1. They had Corbyn as a leader
2. They were sitting the fence on Brexit trying to please both the leavers and the remainers. That was never going to work. They should have declared either a leave or a remain party and then accept they will lost some votes.

No one ever expected them to win. Giving The Conservatives an outright majority has just fucked this country for decades (if you're on the lower end of society)... am I the only one that remembers when the tories tried to shift the boundies so they could stay in power longer? are people so naive that they think they won't pull that shit again.

This election was important for 2 reasons

Brexit - getting it the fuck out of the way

The future of this country - which if The Conservatives try their shady shit again, has just plunged it into a 1 party state

Welcome to fucking China 2.0 - it may not happen immediately but it will fucking happen and everyone that just voted Conservative is to blame for it to a degree.

I stand by what I said previously - no one and I mean no one that voted Conservative has a right to whine or moan about any change that happens in the next 5 years.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If I am honest “she” irritates me to Rees-Mogg levels

She does and I'm pretty sure she's going to take a case to the high courts to try and get Scotland another referendum shot because Boris has already said he won't give them one but I'm 90% sure there's a very strong case to be made for the courts to grant one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No one ever expected them to win. Giving The Conservatives an outright majority has just fucked this country for decades (if you're on the lower end of society)... am I the only one that remembers when the tories tried to shift the boundies so they could stay in power longer? are people so naive that they think they won't pull that shit again.

This election was important for 2 reasons

Brexit - getting it the fuck out of the way

The future of this country - which if The Conservatives try their shady shit again, has just plunged it into a 1 party state

Welcome to fucking China 2.0 - it may not happen immediately but it will fucking happen and everyone that just voted Conservative is to blame for it to a degree.

I stand by what I said previously - no one and I mean no one that voted Conservative has a right to whine or moan about any change that happens in the next 5 years.

I feel I have to be a bit more specific on this highlighted part - I don't mean we'll have the police beating people up over silly shit but I definitely think there's only going to be 1 ruling party for a very long time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Kuenssberg will be in pieces. Until she quits and the Tories make her comms director or something.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
A big mmehh.

As for the free speech...the intolerant facist left have been clamping down on it for years by attempting and often succeding to destroy the lives of people who use the 'wrong' type of free speech.
We will all have more free speech when we reel in the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom