From a painfully liberal viewpoint.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Tired stereotypes still hanging on.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sensible means sensible... there aren't different definitions. Maintaining the status quo would've been the sensible thing to do. Something that isn't sensible is reckless, and I can't think of a better adjective for what's about to happen.

The thing is that people have different views on what sensible is. Many do not think that the route the EU is taking is sensible for them and given the chance to make their voice heard they were.

Job

The Libs got 280 votes here.

Haha.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
lol’ed irl at the bit where he says that Brexit is more likely to lead to Ireland wanting to join the UK than NI leave it.

@DaGaffer I presume this is the current mood in Dublin?

Clearly Ireland now wishes to be brought under the moral tutelage of more modern, more secular, more capitalistic powers. London is a more logical and convenient choice for that role than Brussels. This would require forgetting a lot of history, but of course forgetting history is what ‘European values’ are all about.

Wow. Just. Wow. The chances of Ireland ever deferring to British governance, ever, are about the same as Somalia putting the first astronaut on the Sun.

The whole narrative here since Thursday is essentially that Irish unification is essentially inevitable (along with the general breakup of the UK) and Varadkar has basically been telling people to calm down and not get ahead of themselves.

NB. The mention in the article that only 50% have been satisfied with Varadkar's handling of Brexit is a complete lie, it's about the only thing where Fine Gael is doing well in the polls with 80-90% approval.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wasn't Boris the editor of the Spectator at one point?
Still got influence in that then by the looks of it

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's a bit sad that Dennis Skinner lost his seat tbh.

Even if you disagree with his politics, he was an integral part of the House of Commons and you can't deny his commitment.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Just because we vote on something once doesn’t mean we will vote the same way again as election 2024 will show when those northern towns have realized they should have never put their destiny in the hands of a bunch of people who don’t care ...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yes we did. Unfortunately that didn't go the right way either
The right way according to you. This is the problem with a lot of the divisiveness. People have their own view of right and cannot accept it when more people believe the opposite to them.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just because we vote on something once doesn’t mean we will vote the same way again as election 2024 will show when those northern towns have realized they should have never put their destiny in the hands of a bunch of people who don’t care ...
I do t think any one is under the illusion that a lot of the northern votes were lent to the tories because of corbyn / brexit.

Job

At least there wont be another trillion of debt by then.

Embattle

FH is my second home

You hope :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
I do t think any one is under the illusion that a lot of the northern votes were lent to the tories because of corbyn / brexit.

Yet I can easily see a number of circumstances where he could keep them even in the next round.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If by some Christmas miracle Bozza gets scrooged and significantly improves their situation (decreasing their irritation to begin with by using his majority to drown out the ERG and far right influences) I will be more than overjoyed. However, I believe for that to be remotely possible there needs to be a strong opposition in play and sadly at the moment there isn't (optimistically momentum will ctfo).

Job

The Guardian is very subtly turning against labour and the libs, I think this finally has the bean counters deciding that ticking over on begging and a small collection of the converted isnt going to get the rent paid.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ashcroft’s poll on voting by age is mind blowing. Age is far more predictive of voting than social class or wealth or sex.

Probably needs to start funding the NHS properly.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ashcroft’s poll on voting by age is mind blowing. Age is far more predictive of voting than social class or wealth or sex.

Boomers. Making everyone's future shittier since 1945.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
pus2uhalsk441.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Apparently loads of young were registering to vote this time but the % was slightly less than 2017 that actually voted.

boomers voted us into europe in the 70s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom