• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No one country can limit wealth for obvious reasons.
Do we want a world government?

Im sure that would go swimmingly.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I thought this was quite amusing - A melting ice sculpture where Boris should have been. He sent Gove in his place... :rolleyes:
Row over Johnson debate 'empty chair'

In another interview he basicly said it's someone else to decide if he goes to another debate or not. I mean wtf?? Can't he make that simple decision himself?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I thought this was quite amusing - A melting ice sculpture where Boris should have been. He sent Gove in his place... :rolleyes:
Row over Johnson debate 'empty chair'

In another interview he basicly said it's someone else to decide if he goes to another debate or not. I mean wtf?? Can't he make that simple decision himself?

Nope, the spin doctors.

Corbyn destroys him on TV debates purely because the Tories are evil and its easy to highlight their flaws.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No cap during your lifetime. If you want 100,000,000 billion then knock yourself out.

Zero inheritance tho. All goes back to democratic state. Your kids shouldn't get a free ride - they have to make it on their own. (If you're a bazillionaire then whilst you're alive you'd obviously tilt everything in their favour - best education, sport, health, best everything).

Nobody would go for it. So I'd have an inheritence cap - few hundred grand and a house of average price for the country you choose to live in. If your kids can't get along after that for free, then they can fucking die, because you've failed them as a parent anyway.

“Man with no kids doesn’t understand parents will do anything for their kids”. What a shock. I can think of half a dozen ways around an inheritance cap right now, and as with all things, the richer you are the easier it is. I can also imagine just how fucked up a society where the state confiscates your inheritance and flogs it off would be. Effectively the state would be a giant estate agent/auctioneer; I’m sure that would go well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
“Man with no kids doesn’t understand parents will do anything for their kids”. What a shock.
I understand it 100%. I also know because of that it'd never happen.

But frankly, you could say "people with kids and their fucked up notions of 'protection' horde wealth and wilfully refuse to understand/care about what their (particular brand of) idiocy does to the world at large, because of their myopic child-based focus".

Anyway - just sayin' :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I understand it 100%. I also know because of that it'd never happen.

But frankly, you could say "people with kids and their fucked up notions of 'protection' horde wealth and wilfully refuse to understand/care about what their (particular brand of) idiocy does to the world at large, because of their myopic child-based focus".

Anyway - just sayin' :)

Or you're just saying stuff to get a reaction from people with kids....

And yes there are millions of ways to bypass an inheritance tax

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or you're just saying stuff to get a reaction from people with kids....
Not at all. Inherited wealth is one of the biggest dangers to our democracy and way of life on a multitude of different levels.

I don't buy Gaffs argument about government being a terrible auctioneer - we have democratic control over how that money would get spent - so we the people would decide (and we'd decide on health and eductation, housing the homeless - rather than some 'philanthropist' putting money into whatever his whim happened to be).

If we did away with the horrid levels of inherited wealth we'd have a healthier, wealthier, more just democracy.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not at all. Inherited wealth is one of the biggest dangers to our democracy and way of life on a multitude of different levels.

I don't buy Gaffs argument about government being a terrible auctioneer - we have democratic control over how that money would get spent - so we the people would decide (and we'd decide on health and eductation, housing the homeless - rather than some 'philanthropist' putting money into whatever his whim happened to be).

If we did away with the horrid levels of inherited wealth we'd have a healthier, wealthier, more just democracy.

No we wouldn't. You really think the government would spread that wealth around?

If you really believe that then I have some swamp land for you to build houses on if you're interested. Going really cheap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No we wouldn't. You really think the government would spend that wealth around?
Oh. My mistake. Is government some sort of private individual that we have no control over?

Remind me, why are we voting again?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Oh. My mistake. I government some sort of private individual that we have no control over?

Remind me, why are we voting again?

Yes we don't have any real control over government otherwise things would be very different

And people are idiots so dont really know what is good for them so don't vote the way should. Just look at Brexit

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes we don't have any real control over government otherwise things would be very different
Yes. If we had real control over government then we'd have stopped obscene levels of inherited wealth years ago - but our democracy is subverted by the obscenely rich - who inherit their wealth...

...funny how turkeys always argue in favour of them because they think the couple of hundred grand coming to them is under threat because of conversations like this - despite the trillions elsewhere :rolleyes:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes. If we had real control over government then we'd have stopped obscene levels of inherited wealth years ago - but our democracy is subverted by the obscenely rich - who inherit their wealth...

...funny how turkeys always argue in favour of them because they think the couple of hundred grand coming to them is under threat because of conversations like this - despite the trillions elsewhere :rolleyes:

Yes correct we would have. So your argument is a fail.

You know nothing about me. I'm not expecting anything from my parents. They dont have very much.

But yes take your cheap shots if that supports your argument.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes correct we would have. So your argument is a fail.
So why do you give a shit about brexit, if we've no democratic control?

Can you please detail what we have and what we have not got democratic control over.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So why do you give a shit about brexit, if we've no democratic control?

Can you please detail what we have and what we have not got democratic control over.

We have some influence but its severely diluted.
In the upcoming election I would really like to vote lib dems but they have less than 0 chance of getting anywhere. My only choice is Tory or Labour. I certainly don't want Tory but I dont think Labour will win as its been Tory for many years. Probably last 20 years.

Tell me how my vote is influencing anything in that scenario?

If I go to my local MP that I didn't actually vote for and ask if he can resolve an issue with the local school. Got no response so far as its highly political and relates to funding. He isn't going to do squat while everything else is going on.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm getting pretty bored of the parties talking about how they're going to get x amount more teachers/nurses, but they don't seem to want to address the problem that lots of people leave because its so shit.

Address the problems pls.

DaGaffer

A. We don't have control over shit, don't be naive. Every five years a minority of the population gets its least worst preference; the majority don't even get that.
B. Even if we did have control over the money, that has nothing to do with how confiscated assets (homes, cars, granny's antique commode) would be liquidated, which would inevitably be below market value (because public sector employees have no incentive to do otherwise) and the volume would be so high as to be deflationary.

It's a profoundly dumb idea

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the volume would be so high as to be deflationary.
Nope. My idea was you can leave some cash and a house to each of your kids. So they'd never be homeless, that they'd be comfortable but they'd probably have to work (which they would be able to - at massive advantage to everyone else).

So no, the world wouldn't flood with houses. Well, apart from landlords who have thousands of houses - at which point that would be a "good thing" (TM).

DaGaffer

Nope. My idea was you can leave some cash and a house to each of your kids. So they'd never be homeless, that they'd be comfortable but they'd probably have to work (which they would be able to - at massive advantage to everyone else).

So no, the world wouldn't flood with houses. Well, apart from landlords who have thousands of houses - at which point that would be a "good thing" (TM).

You already said "average price for the country"; which immediately leaves everyone in the southeast homeless. This is the problem with inheritance rules in general; they're always outdated and unfit for purpose because they're a blunt instrument

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No cap during your lifetime. If you want 100,000,000 billion then knock yourself out.

Zero inheritance tho. All goes back to democratic state. Your kids shouldn't get a free ride - they have to make it on their own. (If you're a bazillionaire then whilst you're alive you'd obviously tilt everything in their favour - best education, sport, health, best everything).

Nobody would go for it. So I'd have an inheritence cap - few hundred grand and a house of average price for the country you choose to live in. If your kids can't get along after that for free, then they can fucking die, because you've failed them as a parent anyway.
Yeah inheritance cap would be good.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You already said "average price for the country"; which immediately leaves everyone in the southeast homeless
County could be replaced by country - I wasn't coming up with a hard-and-fast rule ffs. But the principle is sound.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
County could be replaced by country - I wasn't coming up with a hard-and-fast rule ffs. But the principle is sound.

You always come up with ideals but you're seriously lacking in practical outcomes.

It would be fantastic to live in your world but unfortunately we live in reality.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You always come up with ideals but you're seriously lacking in practical outcomes.

It would be fantastic to live in your world but unfortunately we live in reality.
Not saying it would ever happen or theres a perfect way to implement it. But a few peoples families having billions and billions isnt really good for anyone.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not saying it would ever happen or theres a perfect way to implement it. But a few peoples families having billions and billions isnt really good for anyone.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I don't see any practical way of achieving this reduction of wealth that you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom