Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Should we reset the poll and see who's going to vote for who in the next GE? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but that was ages ago. Might be good to pop another on it to see what's changed :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm just glad they banned the farting tax that existed in my mind.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Why? Are the EU deferring imaginary regulations as well?

No....the UK are just deferring their imaginary regulations so they kick in at the same time as the EU (and rest of the world) ones do.

However, looking at the ICE ban in isolation - it shouldn't matter. If EVs are going to be cheaper and better and suck you off whilst driving as we've been promised you won't need to ban ICE vehicles, as no one will buy them.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No....the UK are just deferring their imaginary regulations so they kick in at the same time as the EU (and rest of the world) ones do.

However, looking at the ICE ban in isolation - it shouldn't matter. If EVs are going to be cheaper and better and suck you off whilst driving as we've been promised you won't need to ban ICE vehicles, as no one will buy them.

Sunak talking shite said:
The plans made on your behalf assume this country will take an extraordinary series of steps that will fundamentally change our lives.

A ban on buying new boilers even if your home will never ever be suitable for a heat pump.

A ban that takes effect in just three years for those off the gas grid.

And mandatory home upgrades for property owners in just two years’ time.

There have even been proposals for:

• Taxes on eating meat
  • New taxes on flying
  • Compulsory car sharing if you drive to work
  • And a government diktat to sort your rubbish into seven different bins.

Boiler ban was for new builds, never existing houses. Imaginary. (and note he didn't actually mention changing the new build rule)

Mandatory upgrades - when you're reroofing anyway, and it's been in place since 2010!

All the rest is just completely made up shit "we're not going to do this thing we weren't going to do in the first place".

The Tory Party, selling you dogshit and calling it ice cream, except now it's imaginary ice cream.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Boiler ban was for new builds, never existing houses. Imaginary. (and note he didn't actually mention changing the new build rule)

Mandatory upgrades - when you're reroofing anyway, and it's been in place since 2010!

All the rest is just completely made up shit "we're not going to do this thing we weren't going to do in the first place".

The Tory Party, selling you dogshit and calling it ice cream, except now it's imaginary ice cream.

Completely made up shit eh? Not sure that's really accurate tbh.

View: https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1705932563322147178?t=uWJGQrqqpYwnjETmbL3-Kw&s=19

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

If it's not been presented to the public, it is literally "made up shit". Anyone can suggest anything they like in internal option documents; it has no bearing on policy until a. agreed internally (which it obviously wasn't) and b. made policy.

In reality there's probably going to be some very unpalatable things that will need to be done to get to net zero, but they are for debate, not cheap points scoring when they've not even been discussed with the public.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Embattle

FH is my second home
We have:

Large Black Wheelie Bin - General Rubbish
1st Black Box - Plastic & Tins
2nd Black Box - Glass
Green Bag - Paper
2 Brown Bags - Cardboard
Green Container - Food Waste

So 6 at the basic level, we also have an optional paid for Green wheelie bin for garden waste. Also our collection can't deal with black plastic.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
When we started sorting plastic to a separate bin it really highlighted how much of our rubbish is just wrapping.

Finland has pretty decent recycling setup but still made me aim to avoid overly packaged stuff if i could

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I've got 3 bins and one is tiny and never goes out, because...why would food be wasted? I turned it into a car-camping shitter a few years back. Perfect size to sit on, has a flip top lid and the bags are readily available.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My view is that if you can't put something plastic in the plastic recycling bin, then it shouldn't be on the shelves. I have a composter for food and plant waste.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My view is that if you can't put something plastic in the plastic recycling bin, then it shouldn't be on the shelves. I have a composter for food and plant waste.

Something I've said about black plastic, which isn't only an issue in North Devon.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm about ready to get pitchfork from B&Q, don't know about anyone else.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Something I've said about black plastic, which isn't only an issue in North Devon.

The manufacturers will say "but it takes us time to develop an alternative and it will cost more, so people won't be able to have cheap Coca Cola". To which my response is "but it takes time for your plastic to decompose, and this costs everyone more, so shove your cheap Coca Cola up your arse".

Karl Pilkington says it well:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQuiwp3wnH0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom