• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So last time Corbyn lost votes because he was seen as anti-Semitic because of criticism of Israel, now Labour is losing votes for supporting Israel. Feels like the whole situation is lose-lose for everyone involved tbh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So last time Corbyn lost votes because he was seen as anti-Semitic because of criticism of Israel, now Labour is losing votes for supporting Israel. Feels like the whole situation is lose-lose for everyone involved tbh
Labour is losing votes because Kier Starmer said it was OK for Israel to turn off the water to Gaza.

He knew what he was saying, he knows collective punishment is a war crime, he was director of prosecutions. He can support Israel, but not blindly in the face of war crimes.

Starmer isn't an honest broker.

Corbyn was a cunt but he fell foul of the "antisemitism" playbook. You criticise Israel, you get kicked. He should have run a zero tolerance antisemitism policy within his party but he couldn't win because people were pushing for him to adopt EHRC antisemitism rules - rules that stifle legitimate criticism of Israel.

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like Suey is going to be the one to dismantle the Tories.
Question is, will she get canned today for going against Number 10, or will something happen over the weekend which will suddenly catapult her to being the one to take over?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol. Pig-fucker is back.

Politics as entertainment, to distract us from the fact we're not a real democracy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hell hath no fury, eh? Sue-Ellen has given Sunak both barrels:

And as much as she's likely correct on a lot of things - look at the detail of what she says. Wow, I really hope the tories don't turn to her. She's a fucking rabid dog. A nazi waiting to happen.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
He should have kept her on. Being fired is exactly what she wanted because she can now play the victim card and get a lot of support from the public in the process.

That said - Looking like a Labour landslide at least, so we'll likely get to see what Starmer can do for 5 years then probably back to Tories again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
He should have kept her on. Being fired is exactly what she wanted because she can now play the victim card and get a lot of support from the public in the process.

That said - Looking like a Labour landslide at least, so we'll likely get to see what Starmer can do for 5 years then probably back to Tories again.
He couldn't keep her on when she is so plainly undermining him and telling the world what she'd do 'better'. That would just make him look weaker and weaker until the next election.

Not that it's likely to make any difference, if polling is to be believed, unless Labour unveils a manifesto of legalising kiddie-fiddling for union barons or something.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
He couldn't keep her on when she is so plainly undermining him and telling the world what she'd do 'better'. That would just make him look weaker and weaker until the next election.

Not that it's likely to make any difference, if polling is to be believed, unless Labour unveils a manifesto of legalising kiddie-fiddling for union barons or something.

Media barons will start a massive smear campaign against Labour in the run-up to election time, just watch. They prefer keeping Tories in power.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Media barons will start a massive smear campaign against Labour in the run-up to election time, just watch. They prefer keeping Tories in power.
Whaddaya mean? Starmer IS a Tory.

No change from Tory spending plans, a sort-of honesty about immigration (they won't do owt because they can't but will say it's because of principles) and with massive expansion of the list of value-added thought-crimes.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well I never knew:

Netanyahu introduced it in 2013, it wasn’t the same as ours. They were offered the choice of a one way ticket to Rwanda or jail. There wasn’t a formal agreement for asylum.

Right wing governments doing right wing things.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Right wing governments doing right wing things.
While European governments have assessed more than 60 percent of Eritrean asylum seekers as genuine, using tough criteria, Israel has accepted a much stingier 1.5 percent of claims.

Instead, Israel has declared the refugees to be illegal “infiltrators”. Many were forced into Holot, a giant detention camp Israel built for them in the Negev desert, despite repeated rulings from Israeli courts that imprisoning the refugees broke Israel’s own laws as well as international law

Right wing governments being racist cunts you mean.

Well. We'll probably be out of the ECHR soon. And Starmer won't put us back. Shame on us all tbh :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Right wing governments being racist cunts you mean.

Well. We'll probably be out of the ECHR soon. And Starmer won't put us back. Shame on us all tbh :(
I can’t see it happening. There’s still some not-mad Tories who would vote against it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can’t see it happening. There’s still some not-mad Tories who would vote against it.
I'm so weary of the human race, I'm not sure there are any not-mad humans in existence. Including myself.

I think the biggest problem facing the human race is our average IQ. It's below 200. :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think they have the time to legislate for something like that. They've less than a year left.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think they have the time to legislate for something like that. They've less than a year left.
Only takes a piece of legislation to be drafted and for parliament to vote it in. Doesn't have to take long.

They can nullify anything. That's what sovreignity is. We've always had it - but had agreed that it's better to obey the ECHR because it's there to stop governments that get out of hand and do horrible things. (Even if it is a popular move on behalf of many of it's people).

But of course, because we've always had it, we can decide to not play by the rules pretty easily. And once the taboo is broken, then what's to stop anyone?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Has to be debated by both houses and the Lords thankfully aren't quite the rubber stamp the government would like them to be. And even then, it needs to go to committee, and then needs royal assent. These things do take time.

I don't think they'll change anything - it's just words to satisfy their audience. Just like pretty much everything else he's said recently, it'll disappear.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I also don't think what they are currently saying will change what the core issue about Rwanda was for the judges and thus the court.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I also don't think what they are currently saying will change what the core issue about Rwanda was for the judges and thus the court.
Doesn't work like that m8. The judges don't decide whether Rwanda is safe - they decide on law only. So if the government legislates that Rwanda is safe, even when it isn't, then the judges rule it to be legal.

@Tom - they can pass emergency legislation in as little as two days, but more generally they standard fast-track it. There's plenty of time if the gvt. want to.

And they know they're out on their ear. So potentially they could withdraw us functionally just to throw a big problem in Labour's lap. Because by the time the next election comes round it could be a millstone around their neck...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wondered whether you'd disagree @Embattle.

Judges rule on law alone - they don't make judgements outside their remit.

If parliament makes gay sex between men illegal again judges will send them to prison. This is because parliament sets the guiderails within which judges are allowed to rule.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'll disagree again simply because governments often totally fail to seal the law well enough to stop it being overruled in a higher court, otherwise they would of done so in the first place and won the case but they didn't and still probably won't manage to again.

If there is a gap for a wedge to be used then a wedge will be used by those smart enough to find one, such as the assorted solicitors often in opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom