Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's a shame they don't just double-down and go "you know what, it's unprofessional and probably not what you expect from a news channel (we're not America after all) but I found it funny, so fuck off".

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is slightly odd to have her go to another country to complain and moan about what a shit job her and her party have done on immigration, although lets be honest and say it is little more than an early leadership bid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why don't they just admit there's fuck all I can do.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
In our apartment building we have two rooms dedicated to recycling normal household items from batteries to separate bins for white glass and coloured glass. In our apartment itself we separate in to firstly three before taking them to the recycling rooms: bio, plastics other waste. Secondly we use old supermarket paper bags by the door for bottles and tins with pant (money back) which we take each week to a pant station when doing the weekly shop, cardboard and paper which when full go to the recycling room and then other household recycling ie glass, tins (no pant), batteries and small electrical items we take to the recycling rooms straight away. For big items we go to the recycling station probably once a month see below.

In Sweden Norway and Finland (I have not experienced Denmark solution but assume similar) recycling is an art and very much part of daily life. A bit like leaving fluff in the communal dryer if you do not do it properly you are informed by your neighbours normally in a passive way that you need to change your behaviour :)

Attachments

• 358212139_314523734237804_5346706953771498887_n.jpg
    358212139_314523734237804_5346706953771498887_n.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Embattle

FH is my second home
Probably announce it just after taking a plane back from Manchester ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Watching the clapping monkeys as Rishi speaks.

HS2 getting canned because of bad government management doesn't convince you they could spend the "saved" money any better on their alternative.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Woohoo! Love me a bit of prohibition given how often it's worked in the past.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not an actual ban, they are raising the age to buy tobacco by 1 year every year, so in theory, nobody should take it up any more.

Actually a decent idea, credit where it is due etc.

Bodhi

It's not an actual ban, they are raising the age to buy tobacco by 1 year every year, so in theory, nobody should take it up any more.

Actually a decent idea, credit where it is due etc.

Apart from being completely unworkable and likely to give 19 year olds a great business opportunity going to buy cigs for 18 year olds.

This disposable vape ban is even more short sighted - great way to get people to take up smoking again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Apart from being completely unworkable and likely to give 19 year olds a great business opportunity going to buy cigs for 18 year olds.

This disposable vape ban is even more short sighted - great way to get people to take up smoking again.
Those 19 year olds will have a job for life. They'll just have to claim they are 6,000-a-day-ers :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Actually a decent idea, credit where it is due
Except kids don't smoke now, they find it minging. They're all on e cigs. Good job stopping the sale of those...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except kids don't smoke now, they find it minging. They're all on e cigs. Good job stopping the sale of those...

Simply class them as a tobacco product.

Embattle

FH is my second home

That isn't true at all, plenty are still starting and certainly more than any one thinks should be starting.

The vapes issue has made my blood boil as well, the government has been so slow to stop it becoming endemic.

Bodhi

Simply class them as a tobacco product.

Which would be entirely wrong given they have no tobacco in them.

I'm also not entirely sure how it would help either, given my choice of vape (IQOS) is classed as a tobacco product - given the refills have actual tobacco in them. They're sold in the shop info to next to the Proud Mary range (try the Cola or Strawberry Ice, both lovely).

Seems to me that making products that are well proven to help get people off the cigs harder to get is fuckwittery of the highest order, but I'm used to that from politicians/public health by now.

A pox on all their houses.

Embattle

FH is my second home
One of the glaring really true non announcements in yesterdays waffle was anything to do with housing, you know quite often one of the main aspirations, but like the need to endlessly tunnel HS2 because it doesn't play well with MPs on the local level so why bother with houses:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Labour saying they'e going to open up greenfields sites, the wankers.

Developers are sitting on shitloads of land. They won't develop because they know scarcity = higher profits and it's a political hot potato so they'll get consessions (like the environmental ones) and add that to their bottom line.

Mate of mine runs an archaeological business. He's been furiously doing the legal minimjm for developers for years. Huge tracts of land that's ready to go. But they're just sat on it.

The reason we don't build loads, is developers want a bigger slice.

Bodhi

Labour saying they'e going to open up greenfields sites, the wankers.

Developers are sitting on shitloads of land. They won't develop because they know scarcity = higher profits and it's a political hot potato so they'll get consessions (like the environmental ones) and add that to their bottom line.

Mate of mine runs an archaeological business. He's been furiously doing the legal minimjm for developers for years. Huge tracts of land that's ready to go. But they're just sat on it.

The reason we don't build loads, is developers want a bigger slice.

NIMBYs are a massive factor too - barely a day goes by on social media without another group of mealy mouthed Lib Dems or Tories crowing about the latest development they've stopped.

For the ultimate expression of this, witness the attempts to build a new reservoir in Oxfordshire. Constantly opposed by the same people moaning like stuck pigs about water shortages in dry summers.

A pox on all their (increasingly expensive) houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom