Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No he got 6 months for in essence taking the piss of the courts, he got plenty of warnings.
We criminalised his right of peaceful protest then when he continued to peacefully protest we locked him up.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Come on @Embattle. Which bits of that statement are factually incorrect?

I, like many, don't agree with your version of peaceful protest as stated in numerous posts.

In the end the government brings in specific laws, with the support of the majority, that change what we can and can't do.

You can whinge all you want, doesn't change the fact he is going to spend time in prison for ignoring the multiple warnings he was given.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bullshit. Peaceful protest is non-violent protest.

The government has introduced new law to restrict what types of non-violent protest are now allowed. Whether you like it or not - that's a lessening of our historical rights.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bullshit. Peaceful protest is non-violent protest.

The government has introduced new law to restrict what types of non-violent protest are now allowed. Whether you like it or not - that's a lessening of our historical rights.

Feel free to go and protest about it if you like, do it blocking a road and you'll be arrested as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Feel free to go and protest about it if you like, do it blocking a road and you'll be arrested as well.
I don't believe in peaceful protest as a useful tool for radical social change.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
No he got 6 months for in essence taking the piss of the courts, he got plenty of warnings.

While i feel he could have had more impact just taking whatever punishment doled out for protesting, now narrative is all about the avoiding courts and shit rather than the plain reality, he was arrested for a peaceful protest that inconvenienced a few people

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I don't even know how they have the gall to say shit like this. There's only so much you can try to link to the Russian invasion and striking workers isn't on the list.

Just a convenient excuse, see the video of tories laughing when bill to raise nurses pay failed

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think it's darker than that; I think they're trying to stoke up a bit of public resentment against those asking for pay rises. Good luck trying to pit the general public against nurses though, that's only going to go one way.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They are singing to the right wing idiots. It will backfire. We are at the point where the loons are basically in National Front territory. Even the Tories won't go that far.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think it's darker than that; I think they're trying to stoke up a bit of public resentment against those asking for pay rises. Good luck trying to pit the general public against nurses though, that's only going to go one way.
If you support nurses you're a Putin sympathizer? :D sounds a bit desperate

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If you support nurses you're a Putin sympathizer? :D sounds a bit desperate

Cold War innit.

Cold War was great for convincing people that anything against the state or capitalism was communism.

Its what we're seeing here.

Unfortunately I don't agree with others here though, I think it'll work pretty well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sends a message that Labour are clean by default.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They're kicking it into Labour's court so Labour take the hatred when (if) they do something.

Labour come in - "hey farmers, spend money so you're not pouring cow shit into rivers" - that'll go down like a lead balloon around here. They can't afford to do it and then they'll vote Tory next time.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
One thing we could do pretty easily, I would have thought, is ban the use of spreading wet muck onto fields. We're about the only country in Europe that does it. Would straight away reduce ammonia emissions.

Many of the farms I see (I ride mostly through rural areas) don't treat their fields very well. Massive gaps in hedgerows, bits of scruffy land filled with junk the farmer will "get around one day" to fixing, knackered gates, etc. And the ones that illegally block footpaths, like this cunt (he plows the footpath, which you're not allowed to do, and has blocked the other end with thorny bushes). And then there are the farmers who thrash hedgerows...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

No you tory wanker they're coming here and realising our education system isn't actually what the world thinks it is, and it's completely broken due to having you wankers in power for 13 fucking years.

Cunt. Send him to Rwanda.

This is why the Tories wanna get rid of em, because they're terrified they'll wake up the populace to what is happening in their country.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The populace are awake @Gwadien, but don't know what to do - just like the politicians.

Have a look at that interview above - give it five minutes from where I said if you cba to listen to it all.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a new MP as of today. It was always going to go Labour, they're very strong in Trafford, but I'm very glad to see the Greens come third. I've voted Green the last few elections, I think Labour are doing an ok job but still aren't seeing the big picture. They declared a climate emergency a few years ago, but are scared of rocking the boat.

The new guy is a former councillor and a good speaker, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly he climbs the ladder. He absolutely will.

Also, the Rethink GM loonies absolutely loathe him and can't understand why nobody is voting for the gammon cranks they support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom